Working In Thailand

I am unsure about a few things regarding working in Thailand and was hoping somebody could answer a couple of questions I have: -

If I start a business with my GF and employ myself would I be able to get a visa?

what restrictions are there on the kind of work foreigners can do in order to qualify for a work permit & visa?

If you are serious I would read through this section and the job section to get an idea of the type of obstacle's you may face and contact the forum sponsor for legal guidance as it is not an easy process on your own. Basic is you will be operating under rules you do not understand in a country you don't understand and unless you are a very good businessman/very lucky it will likely go downhill very quickly. Make sure this is no morning after idea that has not been well planned.

Thanks for the mention, Lopburi.

If I start a business with my GF and employ myself would I be able to get a visa?
Yes but it will not be a extension of stay permit at least for the first year. Lopburi, is correct, you need good advice.
what restrictions are there on the kind of work foreigners can do in order to qualify for a work permit & visa?

Depends on how the job description is worded.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com