Mum left her daughter,15, with relatives - but "aunty" sold her into sex slavery

webfact

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

This is sickening and I hope they throw the book at Joy. Anyone who would sell their own under age relatives for sex does not deserve to see the light of day for a very long time. What a truly repugnant piece of shit she is.

I hope the girl is able to identify what appears to have been a lengthy queue of customers and they can go to jail where they deserve to be also.

Did you not read. They were not relatives in the natural blood law. 

The family barely knew her as she was a new stepdaughter of the husband. 

I do hope the men that did that are prosecuted also, but highly unlikely 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, YetAnother said:

sad but true; i hope all expats here eventually realize this

I dont must be a expat to realize it. This has nothing to do with Thailand!!!

I'm sure in every expat home country it give people like this too!!!

The real problem is the mother’s choice in men. This was a loaded gun ready to fire long ago! Thai women continue to make bad partner choices, which is ok if they would just use birth control.... but they don’t and it’s the kids who suffer in the end.

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

A truly shocking case.

A mother entrusts her daughters safety/ wellbeing to family members and then this happens.

Sad thing is some people do not care about morals, only care about getting money.

No mention of the civil servants name/ involvement, why?

Civil servant is probably high enough up the food chain not to be named!!!

I'm not saying where I come from is all angels and everyone knows a creepy uncle but this country and mine have very different definitions of family. This a tough life start for this kid. You could draw and quarter the aunt but nothing is going to make this right. And the men...

1 hour ago, mettech said:

It is unfortunate but this is the pure truth young girls are sold for sex industries and boys either become lady boy in order to make same kind of money in that sex industry.

I would gladly give my own life in return for my children never being involved in the sex trade. I have failed miserably if that ever happens. I'd rather die miserably.

10 minutes ago, jimn said:

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 years old. She could have said no but she chose to go along with it. So whose wrong here???

You. 15 with Parents consent. 

You for implying that she "went along with it" and "could of said no". 

Words fail me tbh. I would get banned if I said what I really want to. 

9 hours ago, nasanews said:

The girl is 15 years old she can do whatever she wants to do with her aunt consent.

She didn't want to do it, her step aunt forced her to do it to make money. 

It is illegal to have sex with a girl under 18. 

Even if she wanted to, it is illegal to sell a child for sex or even use a child for labour and profit. 

So no she can't do anything she wants with her aunts consent. 

18 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

This just ruined my good mood...

such a high rate of human trafficking and slavery going on in a country so small.  it makes you wonder what price life .  sad thing to happen to this young lady , she is heaven bound , already spent a good deal of time in hell . 

5 hours ago, jimn said:

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 years old. She could have said no but she chose to go along with it. So whose wrong here???

on judgement day you may find a pitch fork 1.5 meters up your keester for your rationalising this sick and perveted act ...... 

8 hours ago, greenchair said:

She didn't want to do it, her step aunt forced her to do it to make money. 

It is illegal to have sex with a girl under 18. 

Even if she wanted to, it is illegal to sell a child for sex or even use a child for labour and profit. 

So no she can't do anything she wants with her aunts consent. 

I'm sickened on how some societies permit underage to do what ever they wanted to like Thai society it is ok for girls and boys to prostitute with parents consent.

5 minutes ago, nasanews said:

You replied to me in another thread that it is ok, unless you have dementia.

No I did not .

Maybe you misunderstood .

15-18 years olds can have relationships , as long as the parents give consent .

That is as long as no payments are made to anyone .

If any payment is made , that would come under the Child prostitution laws and those laws take precedence over the parental consent laws .

Parents can give consent for their 15-18 year olds to have relationships , but they cannot prostitute them and neither can the 15-18 olds accept any money , that is Child prostitution 

10 hours ago, jimn said:

Well you might find yourself in prison if you believe that. 

The wording says who has sex with a girl not yet over 15 years of age. So 16 is legal. However I have heard it is actually 18 but I can't find it. But anyway the other law says whoever procures a man or woman for another to have sex. 

1 to 10 years. 

Whoever takes a person not over 18 to do indecent acts with the consent of that person up to 5 years. 

If the above act is by a tutor or guardian or official or courtship the offender will recieve the heaviest punishment by one-third. 

And also any person over 16 that lives off the earnings of a prostitute 7 to 20 years. Or imprisonment for life. 

Archived