picked up my new US passport with 52 pages

Picked up my new US Passport today at the Embassy in Thailand and was wondering what the next process is? they gave me this letter that says "Dear Immigration, please transfer the bearers stamp from the old passport into the new" and told me to go to Changwattana to do the transfer..... I'm only here on a Visa exemption stamp with 30 day extension, but what I've been reading on here is that I can just go to the Airport and provide this letter and my canceled passport and new passport which they will use to stamp me out and everything should be ok? Or is there a new rule now that since my old passport is canceled, I need to transfer my entry and extension stamp into the new passport before leaving? I read on here that I could just show my entry stamp in my canceled passport and they'll stamp me out in my new passport. But if not, what is the process like at Changwattana? Is it at the same location I go to get my 30 day extension stamp in my passport?

Edited by lopezkoa

40 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can just go to the airport, show both passport to departure immigration and the will transfer your stamps from the old one to the new one and stamp you out of the country in it.

That's wonderful.  Thanks a lot, as it saves me an additional trip to Changwattana.  

I already got my 30 day extension in there, so I wasn't sure if THAT needed to be shown in the new passport.   But I will just stamp out as usual, just providing both passports at customs this time.