A third of Thais believe road carnage is fate, conference told

rooster59

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Airbagwill said:

As I said you are incorrect. If you are not prepared to do the research how can you comment?

One has to wonder if you have even bothered to read the document you have cited. I have a while back

Some highlights from the report;

"Half of the countries reported data on road traffic fatalities on the basis of police records only."

"Thailand: f Police data, defined as died at the crash scene"

"In this global survey we used the Smeed Coefficient to adjust all countries' road traffic fatality data to a 30-day definition."

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Some highlights from the report;

"Half of the countries reported data on road traffic fatalities on the basis of police records only."

"Thailand: f Police data, defined as died at the crash scene"

"In this global survey we used the Smeed Coefficient to adjust all countries' road traffic fatality data to a 30-day definition."

Kieran, stop with the facts. I prefer the personal opinion of some people any day, its good for a laugh. And remember the famous quote, "There but for the grace of god, go I".

2 hours ago, David Walden said:

Today in Thaivisa it says 61 people are killed on Thai roads each day...that is 61 people who are pronounced dead at the scene of the accident...when are they going to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

No! Like many others you are quoting the wrong statistic. They are no longer based on that system which was used by the RTP

29 minutes ago, Artisi said:

So what are the figures based on? 

Most of the figures used by posters on TV are a misquotes mish-mash of WHO collated stats.

I just wish people would start to learn a bit about road safety before drawing illogical and inaccurate conclusions from...well nowhere in particular.

2 hours ago, David Walden said:

If you have any problems with these figures take it up with Thaivisa...that is this news service.

You now are evading the question

5 hours ago, Airbagwill said:

that is 61 people who are pronounced dead at the scene of the accident...when are they going to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

This is in the quote is from you not me...... what you said and it is incorrect.

Archived