Police suggest sudden death of Norwegian could be due to cold weather in Thailand

rooster59

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

You'd picked an extremely cold winter in Munich. At that time there were 34 days permafrost. Gluehwein?? :stoner:

Gluwein along with cases of Jack Daniels and beer were used at the top of a mountain reunion party organized by a back patch club I've been friends with for a loooong time from Munich. Millennium party 2000 in a privately rented ski resort near the Austrian border. Strangely enough, the resort never wanted us back. We drove from England just for that party....

Back when I lived in Munich 79-82, the winters were harsh, the summers spectacular, and life was lived pretty fast.

15 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

With the CM temperatures falling into the 70s F in the mornings, our Thai neighbors are now putting their cats and dogs in sweaters....

Top that....a little research indicates only hairless dogs would require coverings when the temp hits 32 F....

serious problem with perception and actual reality in LOS...

Narak trumps all logical considerations. 

Not a 'bad' statement from the police as to who their audience was likely to be. The BIB didn't expect not intend for anyone except local Thai's to read that explanation.  Yes, more likely the old guy had a anneurism or heart attack or whatever; no murder, just plain old man dying. The locals Thai's don't care how the guy died; freezing to death makes enough sense to them, good reading to know they are hardier than norwegians. I'm giving the cops a 'pass' on this one.

18 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

Obviously the RTP needs to brush up on its grasp of geography, and of acclimatisation.

Now you are asking for a little to much, first they need to brush up on how to police, I hear Scotland yard tried to teach them, but got fed up with the lack of basic knowledge.

Eleven reply pages with jokes and contempt ?

Nobody checked the story ? I understand, you all need this to put your shit on Thailand, so you can ignore the misery in your own home country.

I found:

Since Mr Larsen had just returned from his freezing home country, he was struggling with the heat and took off almost all of his clothes, the girlfriend explained during her interview with investigators.
And:
Uttaradit police have yet to determine the cause of death.

"from his freezing home country" Thaivisa makes: he died of the cold ...

Whatever the reason is you all hate Thailand, why the hell you stay there or even visit that country ?

Worst of all: other websites have copied Thaivisa text word by word. Good job, one day you all win a Nobel price.

Get a life !

4 minutes ago, Nokbkk said:

Nobody checked the story ? I understand, you all need this to put your shit on Thailand, so you can ignore the misery in your own home country.

I found:

Since Mr Larsen had just returned from his freezing home country, he was struggling with the heat and took off almost all of his clothes, the girlfriend explained during her interview with investigators.
And:

Whatever the reason is you all hate Thailand, why the hell you stay there or even visit that country ?

Worst of all: other websites have copied Thaivisa text word by word. Good job, one day you all win a Nobel price.

Get a life !

Settle down newbie. You will get to understand these pages with some patience. I am sorry for the man.

All I can advise to prevent a repeat of the same is that visitors from places like Norway, Sweden and Denmark and the likes bring with them their certified thermal underwear and be prepared for the gripping chill of Northern Thailand.

Close proximity body heat also helps to overcome the cold.

29 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Settle down newbie. You will get to understand these pages with some patience. I am sorry for the man.

All I can advise to prevent a repeat of the same is that visitors from places like Norway, Sweden and Denmark and the likes bring with them their certified thermal underwear and be prepared for the gripping chill of Northern Thailand.

Close proximity body heat also helps to overcome the cold.

Hi Cadbury,

Not that kind of newbie. Sure, avoiding Thaivisa as hell. Sometimes give it a visit when a friend sends me a link.

Newbie: it's been 30 years since my first visit to Thailand. 

Anyway, thanks for your information about thermal underwear. No need for me. I stick to my caring Thai lady. She does a very good job, already 20 years ...

I have flight tickets to thailand from oslo norway. Thanks to this article i decided to buy life insurance because i am afraid die from the even colder thailand. Today i was snowboarding 6 hours here in norway and now I also consider bringing my snowboard along with mee to thailand. Is it really true that thailand is colder than norway now or is it a joke?

9 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Gluwein along with cases of Jack Daniels and beer were used at the top of a mountain reunion party organized by a back patch club I've been friends with for a loooong time from Munich. Millennium party 2000 in a privately rented ski resort near the Austrian border. Strangely enough, the resort never wanted us back. We drove from England just for that party....

Back when I lived in Munich 79-82, the winters were harsh, the summers spectacular, and life was lived pretty fast.

I can only imagine why they didn't want you guys back. The English in the English garden.....:stoner:

4 hours ago, Nokbkk said:

I found:

And:

Get a life !

"Whatever the reason is you all hate Thailand, why the hell you stay there or even visit that country ?"

Not at all, we don't "hate Thailand" or we wouldn't be here in the first place. And we are not " putting  our shit on Thailand, so you can ignore the misery in our own home country" You are completely missing the reason why so many people are ridiculing the BIB statement. I understand from the way you write that English is not your first language, but let's put the scenario in  different way:-

If a Thai had been on  holiday in Europe, and died suddenly because the temperature had suddenly escalated to an unprecedented, shall we say,  25c (which is almost a heatwave in Europe!) I am sure that the police would not be saying that the Thai died of heatstroke!!! THAT is the reason for most of the comments here!

And from ONB News - NOT Thai visa:-

"The local cops conjectured that Mr Larsen had died from the cold, reported ONB News"

And translated from ONB News":-  

"ONBnews reporters reported that at Pang Pung Village, Tambon Tha Pla, Tha Pla District, Uttaradit Province. There are people found dead old men are foreigners sleep naked death puzzles. The stiffness is on the bed in the room."

Make of that what you will, but don't blame ThaiVisa!

And "Good job, one day you all win a Nobel price. (Prize?) Get a life !" - totally unnecessary comment, and not worthy of a reply!

7 hours ago, Nokbkk said:

Hi Cadbury,

Not that kind of newbie. Sure, avoiding Thaivisa as hell. Sometimes give it a visit when a friend sends me a link.

Newbie: it's been 30 years since my first visit to Thailand. 

Anyway, thanks for your information about thermal underwear. No need for me. I stick to my caring Thai lady. She does a very good job, already 20 years ...

Just referring to the number of posts. Not intended as a disrespectful remark about your time and life in Thailand. :smile: Cheers

I found:
And:

Get a life !
Nokbkk

Am I correct in saying that you can read Thai or you got a Thai person to translate for you?

And you are saying Thaivisa got the translation wrong?

And what actually was said was it's to hot for him because he is used to freezing cold Norway. So he took of all his clothes, and somehow died. And the police don't know how yet.

And the police saying he died form the cold is completely nonsense. Probably makes more sense actually to tell the Truth. If thats the case well done for pointing it out.

Can the mods check the story again please.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

I can only imagine why they didn't want you guys back. The English in the English garden.....:stoner:

Ah, the English Beer Garden, with the Chinese tower, centre of the city. You obviously know it. Great place, good memories...

Back to the mountain top Millennium party - there were only the two of us English there. The rest were German reprobates, could be described as fun loving criminals...

Although that is not what the Bavarian State prosecutor would describe them as...

Archived