Is it OK to kill to protect Buddhism?

simon43

12 hours ago, cooked said:

Muslims don't proselytise. Basically when in power (as they were until recently in the Rakhine) it is a matter of submit or die. Non-Muslims are being persecuted in Chittagong, where they speak the same dialect as the 'Rohingyans'.

This is very firmly a part of Islam and has been carried out countless times over the centuries. 

In addition the Rohingyas were taking Hindu women as wives, often by force, which means that they must become Muslim. (Muslim women are forbidden to marry outside their faith). They don't need to proselytise with the birth rate that they have.

'Local Buddhist practice' didn't need reviving, it is a strong if not stronger than in it in Thailand. Buddhist temples are being burnt down all the time in Bangladesh, often by Rohingya refugees. 

So, now I can sit back and wait to be accused of Islamophobia and/or racism.

On the contrary, myself and quite a few others would agree.

• 5 months later...
On 12/17/2017 at 1:05 AM, jak2002003 said:

I do not feel virtuous and have never read a comic book about religion.  I was not attacking you or your spiritual beliefs personally.  What you think in your own mind about rules to live you life by to make it easier is up to you and you are welcome to it.

I was also not insulting your intelligence.  I have no idea or care about your I.Q level. I don't care if someone is stupid or clever.  The only thing I care about is if they are good, kind people.

Don't take it so personally please.  Look, if I took what you were saying to me and about my beliefs... not believing in Buddhism or religion, I could say the same thing about you 'reading comic books' about how to be a Buddhist and that you were insulting my personal beliefs.  

Now perhaps you may get the idea about why I say religion is a bad thing.  Look at how it has caused us to get riled up... even you telling me to 'go away'.  That is not friendly or very Buddhist is it?  Without your Buddhism to defend you would not care less about it.  We could be good friends and hang out together.  I still stand by my belief that religion causes division, wars, fighting, and distracts, even educated people, away from real life and helping, loving and caring for fellow human beings as equals.  We would also respect our planet and environment a lot more if we realised this was the only one life we had.

religion doesnt cause those things. humans cause those things and use religion as an excuse. whether there was religion or not, humans would still cause those terrible things to happen.

3 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

religion doesnt cause those things. humans cause those things and use religion as an excuse. whether there was religion or not, humans would still cause those terrible things to happen.

Sorry, but most religions do.  Every read the Bible, Quran or Tanaka?  It actually tells people of those religions to go out an commit atrocities in Gods name... killing other nations, other tribes, people of other religions and unbelievers.  It COMMANDS is believers to do such things as 'smash babies heads against rocks' and rape women after killing all the men.  

Here is something to think about.

https://www.alternet.org/belief/6-ways-religion-does-more-bad-good

1 hour ago, jak2002003 said:

Sorry, but most religions do.  Every read the Bible, Quran or Tanaka?  It actually tells people of those religions to go out an commit atrocities in Gods name... killing other nations, other tribes, people of other religions and unbelievers.  It COMMANDS is believers to do such things as 'smash babies heads against rocks' and rape women after killing all the men.  

Here is something to think about.

https://www.alternet.org/belief/6-ways-religion-does-more-bad-good

the words of humans dont equate to religion as far as I'm concerned.

8 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

the words of humans dont equate to religion as far as I'm concerned.

Lol!. that didnt come out right. and on second thought, I guess youre right if religion is in fact a man made construct. I was treating it as a belief in a higher being only but I guess the imagined instructions of those beings have to be considered too

13 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

Lol!. that didnt come out right. and on second thought, I guess youre right if religion is in fact a man made construct. I was treating it as a belief in a higher being only but I guess the imagined instructions of those beings have to be considered too

but I still maintain that if religion was eliminated, humans would find an equally damaging replacement.???

I would definately kill a snake slithering in my garden most of those boys are territory bound and once they like a place...or get it killed for sure...sorry to snake lovers !!

If it's a matter of life and death, survival and legitimate defense...one may need to go to the extreme, unfortunately. Just hope nobody ever need to reach such an extreme with any human being.

Archived