Looking for studio/condo, Onnut area, 8-10k Baht rent

I'm looking for a condo or studio in the Onnut, Pra Kanong, Ekamai area.

Not too far from the BTS.

8k-10k Baht per month for 12 month contract.

Looking to move in start of Jan '18.

I'm not too worried about the age of the building, so long as it's clean, tidy & quiet.

0800 812 475

(9am - 9pm)

• 1 month later...

I just spent 6 months at KV Mansion on Sukhumvit soi 81 and I would recommend the place. 10 baht motorbike ride to the skytrain or a 5 minute walk. 7-11 directly across the street. Restaurant, laundry, coffee shop, massage, and salon on the ground floor. There is a Tesco Lotus near the skytrain station. Two beer gardens are nearby. They have a website (kvmansion.com) and also they rent rooms by the night on agoda listed under Zen Rooms so you could spend a few nights there first before deciding if it is for you or not. This is exactly what I did and it ended up working out well for me. I found the place to be professionally run and I had no problem getting my deposit back at the end (deposit was 20,000 baht).

The only unusual thing about the place is that they charge for internet, sofa, television, and refrigerator, each 500 a month, although all of these are optional and of course you are welcome to buy your own and use those instead of paying the monthly fee. It is only if you want them but usually these things are included in other places. However even if you rented all four of these your rent wouldstill just be 9000-10000 a month.

My apartment charges for TV and fridge too, 300 baht a month each.  I had my own anyway.  And every place I've stayed in has charged for internet at 300 baht a month, except one where it was free but didn't work.

Just walk around Onnut and ask a few places.  You can get a clean tidy room with aircon for 5000 baht a month on a 6-month contract.  Loads within walkable distance to BTS (for a foreigner, a Thai would never walk it), or 10 baht for motorbike.

You will get a better place for the same price if you choose to live near Udomsok BTS instead. A nice 1 br condo with swimming pool and gym can be rented for 10k .  Sukhumvit 101/1. Or more basic rooms for 5k. 

Archived