Lets Makes I Easy

These threads have been running for a very long time and for the more up to date information you need to search the forum under Thai visas from the end of September up to date.

There are a few simple abc but it depends on your personal circumstances of which only you know the details.

Either you are married or not married, over or under 50, looking for a support or a retirement visa.

There are different requiremnets for each and sometimes they vary depending on which immigration department you visit, Bangkok, Pattaya etc.

With the scanty information you have provided nobody on the forum can spell out what you need.

Through a lot of threads you will see TIT which means This is Thailand.

The Thai people who run the country want to run it their way which is reasonable as it is their country. When you come to Thailand to live you will learn that you as a farang have NO RIGHTS at all and that you are a guest in Thailand. You will be unable to change any rules that you don't like and will have to live at the whim of the folks in charge. If they have a mind to they can change the immigration rules or selectively enforce the ones they want to and not worry about the ones they don't care about.

Most of us that live here full time know this and live with it.

Editecd because I forgot something after I posted it

Edited by billd766

I am intrigued by the concept that if you go & volunteer at a local school 1 day a week that they will issue you a residence permit & a work permit. I guess one needs to show up on a non imm visa.

The OP seems to have some issues with work ethic.

Go to your nearest Thai embassy and ask them the requirements for non-immigrant type O visa based on retirement. Once you get this visa, let's say 1 year multiple entry, you will be able to stay in Thailand for 90 days at a time in 1 year, you have to exit Thailand every 90 days if you do not apply for an "extension of stay" permit from the immigration. To apply for extension of stay, the requirements are, you should have at least 800K baht bank deposit (local bank in thailand) for the last 3 months certified by the bank or 40K baht salary/pension from your home country certified by your embassy and the bank. Go to the thai immigration and ask for further requirements because I might be wrong.

There is no such ABC way to stay in Thailand and the rules are always changing.

Edited by thai_narak

I am intrigued by the concept that if you go & volunteer at a local school 1 day a week that they will issue you a residence permit & a work permit. I guess one needs to show up on a non imm visa.

Huh, where is that coming from? Never heard of that one before.

i'm sure whoever told you that can also tell me where the money tree grows and why pink elephants can fly.

i'm sure whoever told you that can also tell me where the money tree grows and why pink elephants can fly.

LOL............found a money tree in BKK:

0629.jpg

Working on the "pink elephant" theory though. :o