Foreigners queuing up to be hit in the back by monk with a hammer!

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

What does he do with that "toy" lying on top of the purple seat ?

It called a nut cracker. Lay on your back and watch some guy in orange place this utensil gently over your groin .... then he gives it a whack with a 2kg mallet.

Perfect for men that don't want any more kids.

I believe there is a daily special discounted rate for farang clients.

6pm.jpg.4bc0be3d5951e66ec703e7157d962e79.jpg

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just another get rich scam by a monk.

Another day another scam, and some brain dead folk will believe it because it is being done by a monk.

Just like 3 years ago for me.

Wife insisted we visit this monk at his temple near Mahasarakam.

The monk could make me walk again:cheesy:

Using his own special massage, 3 days of him messing about so called special massage, he told my wife i can feel his back getting better, keep bringing him here, i will fix his back.:cheesy:

My wife has always refused to tell me how many thousands of baht he took from her.

it should be done for free as a service to the people cause monks are not allowed to touch money ..anyway maybe for donations only without any gross or subtle pressure.   the cash collected that way should be used to feed the poor... even it would not work at some cases no harm is done... if a person that has the outer features of a monk charge money you can be hundret fifty percent sure it is no monk in the Buddhas teaching terms because real monks are not allowed to touch any money or gold under any circumstances... simple read the monks rules laid down by the Buddha there you have it all... if they touch cash they fake ...so easy... i met several monks in thailand (  not really many every now and then here and there a handfull )  and i saw many many man in yellow robes... 

Don’t discount the placebo effect.  It has been demonstrated countless times to be as effective as pharmaceuticals.  It demonstrates the inherent ability of the body to repair itself.  All one needs to do is beleive what you are doing is going to work for you ... sceptics need not apply!

4 hours ago, Pimay1 said:

These monk scams never cease to amaze me. But if there weren't any ignorant participants there wouldn't be any scams.

Like those mega-church evangelist shyster preachers who rake in billions tax-free from god-fearing American "ignorant participants."

29 minutes ago, johnhw said:

Like those mega-church evangelist shyster preachers who rake in billions tax-free from god-fearing American "ignorant participants."

Only outdone by the pharmaceutical companies hawking their magic cure all pills. 

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just another get rich scam by a monk.

Another day another scam, and some brain dead folk will believe it because it is being done by a monk.

Just like 3 years ago for me.

Wife insisted we visit this monk at his temple near Mahasarakam.

The monk could make me walk again:cheesy:

Using his own special massage, 3 days of him messing about so called special massage, he told my wife i can feel his back getting better, keep bringing him here, i will fix his back.:cheesy:

My wife has always refused to tell me how many thousands of baht he took from her.

The question is like all falangs here on their lips. Did the Monk fix anything?

I just love these OP's. It gives a chance for that humorous part of the expat's mind to come out. I've said that before and I hope I'll have the chance to say it again. Keep it up fellas. As for 'alternative medicines' some work and some don't but there is no such thing as a quick fix, or in this case, a 'quack fix'. It often surprises me the amount of people that don't even know the basics of anatomy and without that how the hell can one understand a problem or symptom. There is no 'wonder' treatment because there are always side effects, in both traditional and conventional treatments. It also depends on the person and their make up and what other problems they might have. Going to a monk to get hammered could be dangerous.

26 minutes ago, mick01827 said:

So many Thai bashers on here YET AGAIN! Tifis is the same principle as chir itopractic treatment, no conning no bs just realignment.

Agreed, but the hammer wielder must have chiropractic knowledge/training If It's to be effective.

12 minutes ago, mick01827 said:

So many Thai bashers on here YET AGAIN! This is the same principle as chiropractic treatment, no conning no bs just realignment.

And it's been practiced long

before chiropractic or osteopathy was ever in the vocabulary. But of course that is also black magic to some. 

5 hours ago, balo said:

Actually if you have a back problem the monk will succeed in a few cases , with trapped nerves he could get lucky and hit the right spot.  Just like my physiotherapist . 

I was nearly going to post the same thing.  It will help certain people  for exactly the reasons you say but it is a risky treatment.  Too hard on the wrong place or the wrong patient with fragile or decalcifying bones and it'll be "OOPs.  Sorry.  What do you mean you can't feel your legs?" 

2 hours ago, wavemanwww said:

The question is like all falangs here on their lips. Did the Monk fix anything?

4 years ago i was made paraplegic, today i am paraplegic.

So in answer to your question, no he did nothing, only take money from my wife.

It's easy to bash people going for treatments such as these and call them morons, but when you're suffering from what seems like incurable pain you're ready to try most things that might have an effect, even if it sounds ridiculous.

If the monk lacks any sort of training and are performing procedures that might cause more harm, then he is of course a moron who should be prosecuted.

Last year I went to a Belgian 'quack' on Thepprasit Road in Pattaya for this type of treatment, done by a Thai lady, at Bht 1000 a throw for 5 times for a 'bad shoulder'. What a waste of <deleted> money. Went to falang body builder just off Pattaya Tai. One jab in the shoulder, Bht 300, FIXED.

Monks are suppose to represent the good religion of their mighty believes but the new generation has changed that totally and the elders still give them food in the morning while the monks walk the streets at least I have see this in the village I go to.

A today's monk is nothing less than a guy with a robe and wears sun glasses have a smart phone and tablet it is a good job for a young guy that has no education and is not a boygirl.

11 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

I am sure I have seen on TV before that "quackery" is illegal in LoS ?
In this case it is quackery and whackery....so two times the 400 baht fine or admonish and apologise with umpteen Wai's. 

monks are exempt as long as sex or big money is involved 

scandal...monk touches women with her knickers pulling out of her trouser , one reason why more and more Buddhist fractions pop up................i wish they stayed in the temple, and collecting alms in the morning!

13 hours ago, Artisi said:

Only outdone by the pharmaceutical companies hawking their magic cure all pills. 

Really? Name a 'magic cure all pill' that is sold in a first world western nation? :whistling:

I have a daughter who has a secondary (metastic) breast cancer and is treated with Trastuzumab (a monoclonal antibody from a pharamaceutical company) that has kept her alive for now 15 years and she is still able to enjoy a reasonable good quality of life. Yet to see any other non-pharmaceutical product that has done better. Excuse me if I am sceptical of meaningless wide ranging comments like yours and I hope you never get ill.

Apologies to readers who feel that this maybe slightly "off topic". 

Archived