Finding Thai Staff Patong

carlsimp

Does anyone know of a good way of advertising for thai staff in phuket, we tried facebook jobs, adverts in the window and the government job centre but cant get anyone. We offering over the average wage, 8 hours a day 6 days a week but cant get anyone, hotel receptionist and night porter is what we needing

20 hours ago, schlog said:

I would not call this above average for Patong. Good luck.

what would you call above average i looked on facebook and went the local job centre everyone offering 9 or 10k for this type of work advise would be appreciated but from my research we are above average

58 minutes ago, carlsimp said:

hi is there a link to where this is moved to thanks

Topic has been moved from Phuket forum there is a link there and you are posting on where it has been moved to :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My experience is that if your existing staff like working for the company then they will spread the word amongst their friends.

It's a competitive industry. As soon as your staff get trained they will leave for the big hotels where they will get a cut of the service charge- unless you can find a way to retain them.

On 12/11/2017 at 3:51 PM, blackcab said:

My experience is that if your existing staff like working for the company then they will spread the word amongst their friends.

It's a competitive industry. As soon as your staff get trained they will leave for the big hotels where they will get a cut of the service charge- unless you can find a way to retain them.

Yes i am finding that, but how much do the big hotels pay and how much can they earn extra with service charges, its been a nightmare trying keep staff i thought the pay was fine, we treat everyone ok, i have had many staff over the years in the UK many stayed with me for years, i still have a couple who been working for me for 8 years in england, but over here they say they want the job then dont turn up or they come for a few days and find something else or they have 2 jobs and are like zombies and are totally unreliable or they no work permit, which for obvious reasons dont want go down that road, we only the maid who stayed loyal and she says we good boss and we pay good so i am at a loss.

41 minutes ago, carlsimp said:

Yes i am finding that, but how much do the big hotels pay and how much can they earn extra with service charges...

It depends on the venue, the location and the time of year. Many places earn a lot during January and very little during October. For a waitress in an average restaurant the salary might be 10-12k a month and service charge about half of that.

In January (Peak Season), at the highest earning hotels the service charge can be 30-40k for that month alone. However you have to remember that the staff there should be excellent, with a good level of English (where required), service minded, computer literate (where required) and very focused on getting the job done well.

Have a look at this link:

https://www.hotelthailandtomorrow.com/เซอร์วิสชาร์จ-โรงแรม/

Archived