"Swensen's Angel" becomes internet hero after wiping ice cream off a farang's feet!

webfact

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Trivial everyday occurrences , turned into National/World headlines ,does annoy me because its so mundane

A waitress picking up some ice cream that someone had dropped !!!!

Thats an everyday occurrence and theres no need for a newspaper report

It’s an article in Thai Visa News. You don’t think maybe National/World Headlines is a bit of an exaggeration. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Trivial everyday occurrences , turned into National/World headlines ,does annoy me because its so mundane

A waitress picking up some ice cream that someone had dropped !!!!

Thats an everyday occurrence and theres no need for a newspaper report

The report is actually on her becoming an internet hero, perhaps that is newsworthy due to how mundane a thing it was that caused this online admiration.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

You seem to have missed the point, us keyboard warriors are not denigrating the actual act, we are merely saying that its not a news worthy story , maybe she deserve to be "employee of the month", but calling her an angel of mercy is just ridiculous

No, you missed my point, which wasn't commenting on her being an 'angel of mercy' or whatever.  It was simply commenting on the fact that TV keyboard warriors were denigrating a simple act of kindness.  And whether or not it should be a newsworthy story is irrelevant, it has become one.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

I feel annoyed by having to read such trivialities.

She cleaned up some dropped ice cream in a place where she works .

Not a big deal

Its Pattaya so Who knows - maybe he also dropped something else on the floor...:sorry:...

4 minutes ago, mikosan said:

No, you missed my point, which wasn't commenting on her being an 'angel of mercy' or whatever.  It was simply commenting on the fact that TV keyboard warriors were denigrating a simple act of kindness.  And whether or not it should be a newsworthy story is irrelevant, it has become one.

It may be that the important point has been missed - the act itself is god, but not anything extraordinary - what else to expect...?..

The thing is that this act got a huge reaction on Internet in the form of a heroic exercise.

This kind of reaction is representative of the average population's expectations and it is that fact that worries - With other Words, the world is maybe not quite how we expect it to be ...

41 minutes ago, mikosan said:

Once again , you missed my point .

No one has denigrated her actions.

The issue is the over reaction and misuse of words.

AS you seem to be calling people, who disagree with the misuse of words "Keyboard warriors". that suggests that you also misuse words

5 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

My first thought was she is probably a school child on work experience.

I often eat at Svensens here in Pattaya along with my family. 

The staff are always attentive and this is certainly not a school girl. That uniform is only worn by the more senior members of staff.

This act of kindness does not surprise me at all.

Customer service is an attitude and not a department. Quite obviously nicely understood by this Swensen's employee (as with most of the ladies there) and completely ignored by 7/11 staff poking noses, cracking jokes about foreigners (like me until I share my pleasure over such remarks in fluent Thai). 

The writing is on the wall .......... 

12 hours ago, sanemax said:

You seem to have missed the point, us keyboard warriors are not denigrating the actual act, we are merely saying that its not a news worthy story , maybe she deserve to be "employee of the month", but calling her an angel of mercy is just ridiculous

Yes, many "keyboard warriors" are denigrating the act...because it was Thai who performed an act of mercy!  The young lady committed an act of kindness and Mercy toward a customer unable to clean himself, I'm sure this is what Swenson's expects from their staff, but which we rarely see.  I applaud anyone who treats others with respect and kindness!!

2 minutes ago, chuck6660 said:

Yes, many "keyboard warriors" are denigrating the act...because it was Thai who performed an act of mercy!  The young lady committed an act of kindness and Mercy toward a customer unable to clean himself, I'm sure this is what Swenson's expects from their staff, but which we rarely see.  I applaud anyone who treats others with respect and kindness!!

You really do not or cannot understand .

This is the third time that I have now written this .

Please try to read and understand :

No one , No one , is , is denigrating, denigrating , her, her actions .

Do you know understand that no one is denigrating her actions ?

Its her being labelled as a hero or an angel of mercy that people object to .

She cleaned up some dropped ice cream in a shop where she worked

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do understand your post and apologize if my reply caused you angst; however if you read all the posts there can be no doubt that others are "denigrating" her actions.  Is she a hero or angel of mercy?  I'm sure the guy in the wheelchair with ice cream on his feet considers her an angel.  As I stated in my earlier reply, I am sure this is what Swensen's expects from their staff.  Expected or not the young lady had mercy on another individual and committed an act of kindness.

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

And as has already been explained to you yet you still fail to grasp is that the article calls her an "internet hero" not a hero, this is because she has gained such admiration online not because her actions were particularly heroic.

11 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

And as has already been explained to you yet you still fail to grasp is that the article calls her an "internet hero" not a hero, this is because she has gained such admiration online not because her actions were particularly heroic.

The article labels her as being an "Angel of mercy" , I do not think that cleaning up Ice cream in an ice cream shop by an employee, deserve that accolade and "Internet hero" contains the word "hero" and there is nothing about this story that deserves the "hero" label .

She cleaned up Ice cream, which is part of her job

41 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The article labels her as being an "Angel of mercy" , I do not think that cleaning up Ice cream in an ice cream shop by an employee, deserve that accolade and "Internet hero" contains the word "hero" and there is nothing about this story that deserves the "hero" label .

She cleaned up Ice cream, which is part of her job

Admittedly 'angel of mercy' was a label added by the paper, and it is a ridiculous label to put on her action, but the hero bit is just factual, she is an "internet hero" by definition as she has gained a lot of admiration online, that is what it means.

1 hour ago, Kieran00001 said:

Admittedly 'angel of mercy' was a label added by the paper, and it is a ridiculous label to put on her action, but the hero bit is just factual, she is an "internet hero" by definition as she has gained a lot of admiration online, that is what it means.

And people regard her as being a hero for mopping up Ice cream

Some troll posts have been removed, please note the following rules that you agreed to when you signed up to the forum:

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

The people online who called her a hero and thus she became an internet hero

Where did you get that from? I see no mention of her being called a hero online, did you just make it up?  She was honoured by many online, thus she became an internet hero, this really isn't complicated stuff.

12 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Where did you get that from? I see no mention of her being called a hero online, did you just make it up?  She was honoured by many online, thus she became an internet hero, this really isn't complicated stuff.

OK , You did call her an  hero in your post above , as you have done in previous posts.

If you are asking where online She has been called a hero/internet hero. may I refer you to your own post .

I dont understand how you can label her as being an internet  hero and then ask where people have refereed to her as being a hero .

Anyway, time to end this .

Archived