Koh chang east coast, where to stay front beach ? Any experience ?

EcigAmateur

hello,

Please do not reply me that booking and agoda exist, I can confirm that I know :-)

I am looking for real like experience of people staying on Koh chang east coast.

I am looking for somewhere very quiet and don't care swimming in the polluted sea. I just want to sleep front beach / sea.

Please tell me where you like to stay and eat there ? 

Thanks.

I love Koh Chang and go there a few times a year. I rented a Dirt bike and rode to that side last year. I rode down the southern tip of the island and around the bottom. Tough ride and had to go across a dried up river bed with large rocks. Was a crazy mess of jungle and small beach huts. I honestly can't remember the names of them as they were in Thai. Some funky people staying there. If I was you I would get a hotel for one or two nights on the West coast, then make your way across on a bike. Rent a place that seems to your fancy. They honestly did not look like they would have spots on a booking app. Either way enjoy your trip and post a review when you're back.

Edited by KhunMhee
Spelling is the death of me

hello,

Please do not reply me that booking and agoda exist, I can confirm that I know :-)

I am looking for real like experience of people staying on Koh chang east coast.

I am looking for somewhere very quiet and don't care swimming in the polluted sea. I just want to sleep front beach / sea.

Please tell me where you like to stay and eat there ? 

Thanks.

But are you not the self claimed expert of all beaches in Thailand....

You do get a laugh on here...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, KhunMhee said:

I love Koh Chang and go there a few times a year. I rented a Dirt bike and rode to that side last year. I rode down the southern tip of the island and around the bottom. Tough ride and had to go across a dried up river bed with large rocks. Was a crazy mess of jungle and small beach huts. I honestly can't remember the names of them as they were in Thai. Some funky people staying there. If I was you I would get a hotel for one or two nights on the West coast, then make your way across on a bike. Rent a place that seems to your fancy. They honestly did not look like they would have spots on a booking app. Either way enjoy your trip and post a review when you're back.

This is the first time I hear somebody made it though the bottom. I read up on it a lot but they always said 'impassable'? Do you have any links for the route or could you put your route in Google Maps for me? I'd be very interested.

2 hours ago, KhunMhee said:

To go to the east coast I drive my car to the east when coming out of the ferry. I do not need a motocross.

1 hour ago, JaiLai said:

But are you not the self claimed expert of all beaches in Thailand....

You do get a laugh on here...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, you make me laugh, I know ALL Thai beaches, and if you were less stupid you would know that there is no beach on the east coast. Why not going back to your hole and put back shiiite on top ?

24 minutes ago, wump said:

This is the first time I hear somebody made it though the bottom. I read up on it a lot but they always said 'impassable'? Do you have any links for the route or could you put your route in Google Maps for me? I'd be very interested.

The road has never been finished but yes, it's possible to go.

21 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I have been there many times just staying where ever we came accross something we fancied on the road, but in all honesty I don't remember the water being as you describe.... "don't care swimming in the polluted sea". 

Yes, for many, the sea here is acceptable. I understand that we do not have the same expectations and knowledge. Apart from the south, and even, I will never swim in any sea in this area.

So where do you go? I never when from Bang Bao. From the other side I only went to Wai Chaek Beach. I hear there is a collapsed bridge. Do you just follow 'the road' (if there is one) or is it just random trails through the jungle (which I am a bit afraid of since there is no mobile coverage)?

30 minutes ago, EcigAmateur said:

Yes, you make me laugh, I know ALL Thai beaches, and if you were less stupid you would know that there is no beach on the east coast. Why not going back to your hole and put back shiiite on top ?

i walked on sand next to the sea on the east coast is that not beach.

i was there last week, i drove all along the east coast, some nice resorts, i would not book but drive along and have a gander

this looks good http://www.natararesort.com/accomodation/

as does this 

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.0572641,102.3773965,728m/data=!3m1!1e3

Edited by steve187

As you know there are very few beaches on the east coast.

I stayed at Ban Thalai Thai , around 20 mns from the ferry . A very decent beach with nice villas,  Lavender villas, you can rent on Airbnb. Quite secluded so better to go with a car.

Just wondering, if you know All the beaches in Thailand and have the knowledge, why are you asking ? You've been on the East coast of Koh Chang, Surely you Know the best places to stay on the beach front ? I don't know All the hotels/ bungalows on the East side, but have stayed in Serenity resort, very nice , and one secluded place further down, Flukies . Though why I'm posting I don't know, just wasting my time I suppose. 

• 2 weeks later...