'Toon' set to enter Prachuap Khiri Khan, donations rise to Bt310 million

webfact

'Toon' set to enter Prachuap Khiri Khan, donations rise to Bt310 million

By The Nation

Rock star Artiwara “Toon” Kongmalai started Day 22 of his charity run at 5.20am on Wednesday, and is scheduled to cross Chumphon into Prachuap Khiri Khan.

His group announced that at the end of Day 21 of his epic 2,191-kilometre run from Betong district in Yala to Mae Sai district in Chiang Mai, donations had risen to Bt310 million.

Toon and his group left Home Beach resort at Laem Taen beach in Tambon Chum Kho of Pathieu district to tackle the first 15.6km of the seaside road.

About 500 students and lecturers of the King Mongkut's Institute of Technology Chumphon waited along the road to give him donations and moral support.

He will rest for 30 minutes after completing the first part of the run. Then, he will run to Ban Bang Waen school in Tambon Pak Klong fo Pathieu to give scholarships to poor students. Then he will run across the provincial line into Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Toon spent four days running in Chumphon, the gateway to the South, covering a total of distance of almost 200 kilometres.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30332227

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-22

Buakaw to join Thai rock star ‘Toon Bodyslam’ in hospital charity run

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

Photo: Kao/ Banchamek Gym

Muay Thai champion Buakaw Banchamek will join rock star “Toon Bodyslam” during his mission to run 2,000 kilometers across Thailand and raise money for public hospitals.  

Buakaw revealed the news in a video posted to Facebook yesterday. He said, “I’m so happy that Toon Bodyslam’s team invited me run with him for his One Move Forward project. I’m Toon’s fan and I’ve admired him for a very long time! I saw the video invite and I just have to accept! I expect to run with him from Pranburi to Hua Hin. I’ll see you, Toon!”

Judging from the destinations announced, Buakaw can expect to casually jog for some 30 kilometers in southern Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/buakaw-join-thai-rock-star-toon-bodyslam-hospital-charity-run/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-11-22

This man is setting the example. He is showing his countrymen what charity means. In a nation where charity always seems to come last, and where the super rich have almost no concept of what that means, you have bigger men like this setting a great example. Kudos to Toon.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This man is setting the example. He is showing his countrymen what charity means. In a nation where charity always seems to come last, and where the super rich have almost no concept of what that means, you have bigger men like this setting a great example. Kudos to Toon.

How much have you donated to him? 

Archived