Broke American Man Complains He Can’t Afford Dowry For Young Thai Girlfriend

webfact

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, utalkin2me said:

This is ridiculous. Is this even real. You will often see where one person or the other should run for the hills. This is the rare case where they both need to run for the hills. 

Fake make believe reality programming, that is largely staged; scripted; and planned, has more than a few takers. 

I'm perplexed. 

[well.....not really]????

1 hour ago, YogaVeg said:

Was that his bachelor party when they were still in Thailand and she was upset about his drinking? That was the first flag, he looked like a drunk out-of-control, completely insensitive and clearly three sheets to the wind.

It was already a problem.

I didn't even watch the show that closely, and I heard her and his own family talk about it several times being an issue, she does not like him when he drinks. Who can blame her? What's to like?

Then at his friend's barbecue now that was one sorry excuse for a human being. Soused and a nasty sloppy insulting mess.

No doubt it's the tip of the iceberg for that guy. I bet he drinks more than he can handle on a daily basis.

The guy probably needs professional help as he appears to be a selfish drunken mess who can't control himself and supposedly recovered from a stroke! Drinking like that? Self-destructive Behavior.

Not to mention he refuses to work and mooches off of everybody he can...

Biggest clue: watch his children. The children know the parents the best.

She got the short end of that deal and she should run like hell.

Of course, there's always the possibility that it was all fake like a Jerry Springer kind of deal...

Oh I see, because someone gets drunk at his bachelor party it makes them a drunk.

i bet you are super fun to be around with, a real party star????????????

On 7/17/2018 at 8:32 AM, spidermike007 said:

As I have stated before, the biggest part of the problem here, is the extreme emasculation that is taking place in the West. Most men, in the US, Europe, and Oz, are no longer real men, when it comes to dealing with their women. Their women have made their lives so difficult, and alot of women have gotten so far away from their innate femininity, and have become dominant, and super controlling, and men just go along with it. Most men have become so hungry for love, or emotionally desperate for some kindness, and TLC. And most are so desirous of being around a real woman, who knows how to act like a woman, and manifest the dignity, within femininity. So, it is easy for women to take advantage of emotionally wounded men, who seem to be willing to do anything to regain a semblance of normality in their lives, with a decent woman. 

This is such a common mistake. Most women want to step up the timetable, and if a man is not strong, and does not stick to his principals, or have a determined agenda, he is often overwhelmed by her lack of patience, and the fact that alot of women want it all, and they want it yesterday. I took 9 years before marrying my woman. And she has become a BETTER version of herself, since we got married! In a million years, that would not have happened in the US.

For the men out there who are trying to find their way, in this rather complicated arena, always remember one thing. Take your time. If it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are issues, they are going to reveal themselves over time. 2 years minimum, before you commit large sums of cash, or commit to marriage. And that is two years, full time! Now is the time to show who you are. 

And lastly, the one about getting along with the parents is a good one. Often, that is a sign of an emotionally healthy woman. When I used to date, the two questions I would ask were-

1. How is your relationship with your mom and dad? How about your siblings?

2. What is the most money you have ever spent on a handbag? Wow. Was that ever a revealing question. The answers were all over the map, but inevitably demonstrated alot about her character. 

Take your time getting to know a woman here, or anywhere. Time is your ally. It is rarely their ally. They are usually trying to step up the timetable. We need to push back. We need to assert control. An environment like this allows us to do so. Take advantage of that. Be a man. Step up. Pay tribute to the gender. Refuse to lay down anymore. Refuse to be a doormat. Refuse to check your cajones at the door. Start making the decisions, and stop saying "honey what do you want?". "What will make you happy?" "Where do you want to eat?" I have so many friends, who come here, and from the very start, make the same mistakes they made back in the West. Except here, they do not need to make those mistakes. The environment does not dictate that they behave like lambs. Many do not know, or realize that, or they succumb to "force of habit". Every ship needs a captain. If the man is not willing to be the captain of the ship, the woman will take over, here in Thailand. Most women here seem to want a strong man. But, if they end up with a wimp, they will take if she is a big baby, who only looks like a real woman, but in reality is a 13 year old, or if she is a con artist, if she is only in it for the money, those realizations will manifest themselves over time. Time allows clarity. Never, ever move too quickly. That is the undoing of most of these guys. Be like Bond. Be a real man. Man up. Do yourself proud.

It must be great fun living with some of the guys on this forum.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Oh I see, because someone gets drunk at his bachelor party it makes them a drunk.

i bet you are super fun to be around with, a real party star????????????

It's so weird that you would quote my entire lengthy post (quite unnecessary) and then pop back with a one-liner that makes it apparent you didn't try to comprehend what I wrote. You wanna re-think that?

He didn't just get drunk at his party, he drank to excess every chance he could WHILE BEING FILMED. Let that soak in among the ethers.

I am a blast at a party, so you would win that bet ????

And one of the things that make me fun is I don't get sloppy <deleted>-faced wasted and insult everyone in sight and drag negativity into the vibe.

I also don't tolerate idiot drunken behaviour from my freinds. Instinctively you know this...

I suspect you are poorly attempting to insult through the weak sarcasm as a defense mechanism- you and this guy likely have something in common as you see something worth defending, my bet is it centers around inability to put down the bottle...

It's so weird that you would quote my entire lengthy post (quite unnecessary) and then pop back with a one-liner that makes it apparent you didn't try to comprehend what I wrote. You wanna re-think that?

He didn't just get drunk at his party, he drank to excess every chance he could WHILE BEING FILMED. Let that soak in among the ethers.

I am a blast at a party, so you would win that bet ????

And one of the things that make me fun is I don't get sloppy <deleted>-faced wasted and insult everyone in sight and drag negativity into the vibe.

I also don't tolerate idiot drunken behaviour from my freinds. Instinctively you know this...

I suspect you are poorly attempting to insult through the weak sarcasm as a defense mechanism- you and this guy likely have something in common as you see something worth defending, my bet is it centers around inability to put down the bottle...

It is weird when someone can not be bothered to read few basic forum rules that does not allow for quoted text to be modified , but then again you hardly watched the show yet somehow feel justified to pass a judgement or make assertions.

Despite all the nonsense you posting, people do drink and do get drunk which does not make them drunks .

thats not to say in your looney tunes world getting drunk at a bachelor party makes it a crime.

10 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

She got the short end of that deal and she should run like hell.

What's she got to lose? She was a bargirl, and her family was dirt poor. His friend already acted as guarantor for her in the US, I don't see what she should be wanting to run back to. 

12 hours ago, BestB said:

It is weird when someone can not be bothered to read few basic forum rules that does not allow for quoted text to be modified , but then again you hardly watched the show yet somehow feel justified to pass a judgement or make assertions.

Despite all the nonsense you posting, people do drink and do get drunk which does not make them drunks .

thats not to say in your looney tunes world getting drunk at a bachelor party makes it a crime.

Allow me to apologize BestB, I've upset you and this was not my intent. My intention here on this forum is to respectfully enjoy conversations, and I try to remain relevant to the thread's material.

I do have judgement about the guy's behavior and chose to express this. I don't know why you would choose to defend this type of behavior, and it's probably best to not publicly share my suspicions.

Imo if a guy is going to have his fiancee present at his bachelor party, then yes he is way out of line getting sloppy drunk.

And that bbq? There is no rational defense possible of thats man's behavior, he is way out of control.

Respectfully, I'd like to clear up the misconceptions you post.

#1- it is 100% ok per forum rules to mindfully extract a line or two from a quote, it happens all the time and is in fact the socially correct thing to do as it makes the thread easier to navigate and the response much more on point.

Here is the actual rule for your consideration:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post.

#2. The guy is, by definition, a drunk. Per dictionary:

Drunk - noun

1. 1.
    a person who is drunk or who habitually drinks to excess.
    synonyms: drunkard, inebriate, drinker, tippler, imbiber, sot

6 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

What's she got to lose? She was a bargirl, and her family was dirt poor. His friend already acted as guarantor for her in the US, I don't see what she should be wanting to run back to. 

So she should waste her life with a drunkard that won't work and can't provide?

-Some people find Thailand to be a preferable place to live.

-She's got family there (ie people that actually care about her and don't view her as a trophy or an object on a shelf).

-She might go find someone with a future who doesn't drink themselves silly and refuse to work.

-The food is better.

She is only interested in the money, and he is no better - albeit for possibly, different reasons.

Borrowing money from a friend to pay for her (and her families) ridiculous dowry demands?? ????

They deserve each other, but as pointed out previously it's mostly 'fake reality' TV - made possible by a few people desperate for their '15 minutes' of fame, plus money from the producers of the show.

43 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

So she should waste her life with a drunkard that won't work and can't provide?

-Some people find Thailand to be a preferable place to live.

-She's got family there (ie people that actually care about her and don't view her as a trophy or an object on a shelf).

-She might go find someone with a future who doesn't drink themselves silly and refuse to work.

-The food is better.

Thai food might be better in Thai

That's about it tho

Allow me to apologize BestB, I've upset you and this was not my intent. My intention here on this forum is to respectfully enjoy conversations, and I try to remain relevant to the thread's material.

I do have judgement about the guy's behavior and chose to express this. I don't know why you would choose to defend this type of behavior, and it's probably best to not publicly share my suspicions.

Imo if a guy is going to have his fiancee present at his bachelor party, then yes he is way out of line getting sloppy drunk.

And that bbq? There is no rational defense possible of thats man's behavior, he is way out of control.

Respectfully, I'd like to clear up the misconceptions you post.

#1- it is 100% ok per forum rules to mindfully extract a line or two from a quote, it happens all the time and is in fact the socially correct thing to do as it makes the thread easier to navigate and the response much more on point.

Here is the actual rule for your consideration:

16) You will not make changes to quoted material from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post.

#2. The guy is, by definition, a drunk. Per dictionary:

Drunk - noun

1. 1.
    a person who is drunk or who habitually drinks to excess.
    synonyms: drunkard, inebriate, drinker, tippler, imbiber, sot

What bevaviour? Getting drunk at his bachelor party? Ohhh the outrage

Archived