Broke American Man Complains He Can’t Afford Dowry For Young Thai Girlfriend

webfact

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TVGerry said:

So stupid.

Why do these gold diggers think just because a guy is white, he'll have money? Sad to say but a lot of white trash come to Thailand! 

Her attitude more than qualifies to an urgent "Good Bye" and then :partytime2:

Just now, thenewgoo said:

Doesn't she know a loan shark that can help him out?! Why not just waive the dowry and let true love takes its course. 

A loan shark will require a security that this couple does not have so this is not an option...

True love will require that it comes from 2 so this is neither an option...;)

This is Thailand. A dowry is ok if she is young woman. If married once before then 0 dowry is ok. When a dowry is paid to a young couple, the parents save the money and then return it to the couple later or give it to the daughter upon divorce.

Do not marry poor people. Finances is #1 problem in marriage. Divorce is around the corner.

I could go on but the person who should run is the lady.

1 minute ago, ttrd said:

A loan shark will require a security that this couple does not have so this is not an option...

True love will require that it comes from 2 so this is neither an option...;)

I'm sure she'll stick by his side until he gets back on his feet again.   

2 minutes ago, thenewgoo said:

I'm sure she'll stick by his side until he gets back on his feet again.   

The School of life have teached me that sure is never sure and nothing last forever...;)

Dave. Get out now!  This will kill you.

Bite the bullet. As soon as your money goes, so will she. She has told you that in the video. 

Those of us who have lived here for a while understand that. We also understand they are not all like she is. Sorry, Dave. I think I see it for what it is. 

You seem like a nice guy but you are so naive about Thai girls. Not all of them but this one is a gold digger. Trust me. If I met you now I'd give you a bloody good slapping. RUN!!!!!! - before you die.

6 minutes ago, thenewgoo said:

Bad luck - it won't happen here though - she is the one. Not like last month. 

Christmas is on the doorstep, BUT it doesnt mean you need to believe in Santa...;)

This is a ridiculous post, on so many levels. First of all financial stability is a core value in most any relationship. Only difference here, is that if it does not work out, she might not walk away with the house and all of your money. The level of emasculation that is taking place in the West is astonishing, to me. Hand over all of your assets, check your cajones at the door, and whatever you do, never challenge me on any level, or you will pay a price that no man should ever have to pay. Here, the women are comfortable being women, and seem to enjoy their men being men. Finances are always part of the deal. For most of us anyway. And yes, if you want to be with a beautiful woman, who is quite a bit younger than you, you are going to have to provide some stability, and offer some financial security. Any other interpretation is laced with at least some level of denial. Some are comfortable being with fairly unattractive older women. And kudos to them for that. But not me. It has never worked for me, on so many levels. Sin Sot is part of life here. At least when you are dealing with a woman who comes from a dirt poor family. 

The second aspect of this story is the part about the bar singer. What exactly does the mean? Is she part of a band? Or is that a somewhat vague and obtuse way of saying she is a hook who works in a bar?

Lastly, the worst part. A man who is unwilling to take his time getting to know a woman, is no man at all. So many western men have become so hungry for love, or emotionally desperate for some kindness, and TLC. And most are so desirous of being around a real woman, who knows how to act like a woman, and manifest the dignity, within femininity. So, it is easy for the con artists to take advantage of emotionally wounded men, who seem to be willing to do anything to regain a semblance of normality in their lives, with a decent woman. 

The bottom line is this. Take your time getting to know a woman here, or anywhere. Time is your ally. It is rarely their ally. They are usually trying to step up the timetable. We need to push back. We need to assert control. An environment like this allows us to do so. Take advantage of that. Be a man. Step up. Pay tribute to the gender. Refuse to lay down anymore. Refuse to be a doormat. Refuse to check your cajones at the door. Start making the decisions, and stop saying "honey what do you want?". "What will make you happy?" "Where do you want to eat?" I have so many friends, who come here, and from the very start, make the same mistakes they made back in the West. Except here, they do not need to make those mistakes. The environment does not dictate that they behave like lambs. Many do not know, or realize that, or they succumb to "force of habit". Every ship needs a captain. If the man is not willing to be the captain of the ship, the woman will take over, here in Thailand. Most women here seem to want a strong man. But, if they end up with a wimp, they will take charge. Someone has to.

Always remember, if it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are problems, or if she is a big baby, who only looks like a real woman, but in reality is a 13 year old, or if she is a con artist, if she is only in it for the money, those realizations will manifest themselves over time. Time allows clarity. Never, ever move too quickly. That is the undoing of most of these guys. Be like Bond. be a real man. Man up. Do yourself proud. 

David some advice

This has just happened but I will miss the bad bit out TV will not let me say that.

A good friend of ours who is a bit shy saw what happened to me and decided he would do the same and went to Thai, met a bar girl went back 2 months later and married her. Then could not get her a visa to visit him but sent money every month. She went back to being a hooker and in the end caused him a lot of pain as he said he loved her.

She would not wait until the visa was issued as it takes about 6 to 12 months and for an ex bar girl not issued so much these days. he has the required money to support her and a home.

David, I married a professional, now a doctor in the UK and here in Thailand, she has proved to be a rock, so bar girls do yourself a favour give then a miss as they will hurt you in the end.

We know of many cases like this and do you really want to play with a secondhand pin cushion?

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a ridiculous post, on so many levels. First of all financial stability is a core value in most any relationship. Only difference here, is that if it does not work out, she might not walk away with the house and all of your money. The level of emasculation that is taking place in the West is astonishing, to me. Hand over all of your assets, check your cajones at the door, and whatever you do, never challenge me on any level, or you will pay a price that no man should ever have to pay. Here, the women are comfortable being women, and seem to enjoy their men being men. Finances are always part of the deal. For most of us anyway. And yes, if you want to be with a beautiful woman, who is quite a bit younger than you, you are going to have to provide some stability, and offer some financial security. Any other interpretation is laced with at least some level of denial. Some are comfortable being with fairly unattractive older women. And kudos to them for that. But not me. It has never worked for me, on so many levels. Sin Sot is part of life here. At least when you are dealing with a woman who comes from a dirt poor family. 

The second aspect of this story is the part about the bar singer. What exactly does the mean? Is she part of a band? Or is that a somewhat vague and obtuse way of saying she is a hook who works in a bar?

Lastly, the worst part. A man who is unwilling to take his time getting to know a woman, is no man at all. So many western men have become so hungry for love, or emotionally desperate for some kindness, and TLC. And most are so desirous of being around a real woman, who knows how to act like a woman, and manifest the dignity, within femininity. So, it is easy for the con artists to take advantage of emotionally wounded men, who seem to be willing to do anything to regain a semblance of normality in their lives, with a decent woman. 

The bottom line is this. Take your time getting to know a woman here, or anywhere. Time is your ally. It is rarely their ally. They are usually trying to step up the timetable. We need to push back. We need to assert control. An environment like this allows us to do so. Take advantage of that. Be a man. Step up. Pay tribute to the gender. Refuse to lay down anymore. Refuse to be a doormat. Refuse to check your cajones at the door. Start making the decisions, and stop saying "honey what do you want?". "What will make you happy?" "Where do you want to eat?" I have so many friends, who come here, and from the very start, make the same mistakes they made back in the West. Except here, they do not need to make those mistakes. The environment does not dictate that they behave like lambs. Many do not know, or realize that, or they succumb to "force of habit". Every ship needs a captain. If the man is not willing to be the captain of the ship, the woman will take over, here in Thailand. Most women here seem to want a strong man. But, if they end up with a wimp, they will take charge. Someone has to.

Always remember, if it is good, it is only going to get better. If there are problems, or if she is a big baby, who only looks like a real woman, but in reality is a 13 year old, or if she is a con artist, if she is only in it for the money, those realizations will manifest themselves over time. Time allows clarity. Never, ever move too quickly. That is the undoing of most of these guys. Be like Bond. be a real man. Man up. Do yourself proud. 

Well spoken!

Archived