iPhone X available tomorrow at factory price with no mark up [emoji106]

Lumbini

iPhone X available in Pattaya tomorrow ( will sellout fast in Bangkok but should be easy to get in Pattaya all over tomorrow ... Amazing phone , got to play with it today but store won't release until tomorrow [emoji106]
THB40,500.00 to THB46,500.00

Also Studio 7 store has promotion

IMG_9643.JPG
Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Put it in your hand and use it for a while like I did today before you start posting negative things about this truly amazing device . Camera is now so good one can leave their big camera at home no material how good it is and just take a couple of Moment lenses with you so it really is much more than phone this generation with fastest computer processor now in any so called phone .
Currently, Moment offers four different lenses: a super fisheye lens, a 2X telephoto, wide angle, and a macro lens. Telephoto: Moment's 2X Telephoto Lens ($100 MSRP) has a 60mm focal length and excels at producing portraits and landscape shots with a high ridiculous amount of detail .

https://www.shopmoment.com/iphone-x-moment-cases-and-lenses

IMG_9644.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, midas said:

One website said that if you break the screen it costs a minimum of $250 to replace it and a serious repair job will cost more than $600 US. That's 60% of the original cost of the phone:blink:

I can think of far better ways of spending my money

Or you could purchase Apple Care, a good screen protector and a decent case.  

9 minutes ago, GuiseppeD said:

Or you could purchase Apple Care, a good screen protector and a decent case.  

But it's not just that. It's the privacy aspect .People really are sheeple. I mean they're paying this money and at the same time subjecting themselves to unbelievable loss of privacy and who knows where all this data will end up and for what purpose? I think it's creepy and people are paying for it:cheesy:

It knows who you are. It knows where you are. It knows how many steps you have taken that day, or any day. It knows who you have spoken with and the sites you have visited. It may know how much you paid for your lunch. True, any smartphone with the right apps knows all this and more. But the iPhone X knows something else: It knows with great precision exactly what you look like, for that is how you can unlock it.

why are so many people willing give a US commercial company information that we feel squeamish about our own elected governments retaining?

Mind you I did read the other day that one group are enthusiastically volunteering to have their employer insert microchips into their body:giggle:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/apple-iphone-x-latest-updates-data-face-recognition-privacy-government-a8037271.html

3 minutes ago, midas said:

But it's not just that. It's the privacy aspect .People really are sheeple. I mean they're paying this money and at the same time subjecting themselves to unbelievable loss of privacy and who knows where all this data will end up and for what purpose? I think it's creepy and people are paying for it:cheesy:

No more than any other smartphone.  Use a VPN if it worries you that much. 

If anything Samsung are the most unsecure phones going and iPhones the most secure.  

By the way, what smartphone are you using?

20 hours ago, GuiseppeD said:

No more than any other smartphone.  Use a VPN if it worries you that much. 

If anything Samsung are the most unsecure phones going and iPhones the most secure.  

By the way, what smartphone are you using?

" No more than any other smartphone "

That is simply untrue! Why do people like you so enthusiastically support this device and this company and yet try to downplay some of the potential dangers involved regarding loss of privacy?

Which other phone and which other company has comparable facial recognition technology to Apple?

Once an adversary has our biometric there's very little we can do about it," Schwartz warned. 

To make matters worse, according to Frankle, current facial-recognition tech just isn't that good. "Experts in the field widely agree that facial-recognition technology is not as accurate as fingerprint technology. Period." 

But that's only the tip of the iceberg. Questions on the security of your specific device aside, Schwartz believes that a major company possessing a detailed map of your face isn't the best idea. 

"Absolutely people should be concerned," said Schwartz. "What else is the company going to be doing with the face [scan]?"

http://mashable.com/2017/08/28/trouble-facial-recognition-technology-smartphones/#ZEqQLA8b0Oqy

Archived