Frenchman with no money and Thai wife in apparent suicide pact in Uthai Thani

webfact

Frenchman with no money and Thai wife in apparent suicide pact in Uthai Thani

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A 46 year old Frenchman and his 26 year old Thai wife were found together having apparently died from a drug overdose, said police.

Both had left suicide notes.

David Guffroy's began: "My father has not sent money to Thailand for a long time - I have no money".

His wife of eight years Saifon Guffroy spoke of undying love for her husband. She said they had faced life's struggles together and she would always love him in this life and the next. They would always be soul mates.

Police in Ban Rai district said that the clothed bodies had been dead for about five days. It was their house.

They found a quantity of anti-depressants at the scene and an appointment card for Saifon to see a doctor regarding mental health issues.

There was no sign of a struggle.

The first two lines of the French man's note was translated for police at the scene - the rest was not reported.

Police believe they killed themselves with drugs - what kind will be revealed when the autopsy is completed.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-24

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either

1- you are right this guy is childish

2- his wife wrote this stupid note (she could probably write a few words in French).

3- he never wrote that (lost in translation problem with police or Thai reporter)

If the guy was a kind of mentally disabled person (childish for ever), French govt would have given him a pension, no need Dad.

It's tough to criticise in circumstances like these, but when I have had no money, I have gone out and earned some. Maybe he would have had to have left his wife behind for a period while he worked, but that would be better than them both being dead.

Sad story for sure, RIP the two of them.

Just couple of years younger than me that fella but certainly little too old to run on parents allowance i'd say ...

I quit the rat race almost 10yrs his junior being self-sustained ever since - of course that needs some ample savings ... so altogether a not very well thought out plan on his part it would seem ...

Agreed, if mentally challenged he would've been better off back home. 

We do not know the full circumstances and it is too easy to sit there and criticize this couple. For all we know he had money lodged with his father and an arrangement to send regularly. We don't know.

Sometimes the stress and desolation of life becomes too much and people want to leave. It is up to them and this couple obviously loved each other dearly. May they both now find peace.

25 minutes ago, geovalin said:

Either

1- you are right this guy is childish

2- his wife wrote this stupid note (she could probably write a few words in French).

3- he never wrote that (lost in translation problem with police or Thai reporter)

If the guy was a kind of mentally disabled person (childish for ever), French govt would have given him a pension, no need Dad.

Not if you are going the legal way without lies. Certain European countries do not have enough money to help their own folks. 

A German guy in the same situation committed suicide in Germany after he figured out that he'd not make it back to his family. He had been here for 15 years. 

I really understand the guy's problems and believe that something simi9lar could happen to quite a lot. 

13 minutes ago, binjalin said:

We do not know the full circumstances and it is too easy to sit there and criticize this couple. For all we know he had money lodged with his father and an arrangement to send regularly. We don't know.

Sometimes the stress and desolation of life becomes too much and people want to leave. It is up to them and this couple obviously loved each other dearly. May they both now find peace.

Nicely said !!

So sad, sound like a couple of babes in the wood. The main article has the wife's suicide letter in full, the google translate version is a little garbled but worth reprinting here I think, the gist is fairly clear.

"My name is Miss Rainy Goff, my love with David. We both passed the barrier together. Even though two of us will quarrel. But we two never, we used to share happiness together. But what we fight together? Even if we both quarrel. But no matter what, this is not a problem for us. We have been together for 8 years, no matter how sick. We have never left. I love David. Even though death will take us away, I love you so much, I will stay with you forever. We will be happy to see you again. I love you so much David. Lastly, I have nothing for you. I have always loved you."

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPD14oRykQaNkhLJoE9Gg8JIxd

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPD14oRykQaNkhLJoDHJUASlkV

53 minutes ago, binjalin said:

Initially I was going yo write something else, but your post put the story back into perspective ?

10 minutes ago, nausea said:

So sad, sound like a couple of babes in the wood. The main article has the wife's suicide letter in full, the google translate version is a little garbled but worth reprinting here I think, the gist is fairly clear.

"My name is Miss Rainy Goff, my love with David. We both passed the barrier together. Even though two of us will quarrel. But we two never, we used to share happiness together. But what we fight together? Even if we both quarrel. But no matter what, this is not a problem for us. We have been together for 8 years, no matter how sick. We have never left. I love David. Even though death will take us away, I love you so much, I will stay with you forever. We will be happy to see you again. I love you so much David. Lastly, I have nothing for you. I have always loved you."

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPD14oRykQaNkhLJoE9Gg8JIxd

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPD14oRykQaNkhLJoDHJUASlkV

That's a really heartbreaking letter. RIP> Rainy and Dave .

1 hour ago, binjalin said:

For all we know he had money lodged with his father and an arrangement to send regularly

Ok, might be but seems far fetched. Over 40 years old, you would think that a married person in another country would like to have more control over the finances. Just a thought.

RIP....the two loves.

Let's get one thing straight. "People do not kill themselves because they want to die".

They do it because they feel it is the only solution they have to their problems.

People who are not sick well know it is a permenant solution to.. in many cases .....a temporary problem.

Nobody knows the state of mind of the person beside you.

So better to cut out the judgeing and offer up a respectful thought to them.

Because there are so many "scoffers" in this world (examples on here) they might well have felt there would be no one to turn to for a sympethic ear.

46 years old and expecting dad to finance him...

I just find that a little bit odd. No money, so he wasn`t working, she wasn`t working, and still got so depressed that they both chose to kill themselves, even though they could`ve just gone out and made some money. A photo can obviously lie, but judging the photo none of them looks incapable, not THAT incapable. I just can`t see why she chose suicide. All she had to do is to start working again, or/and find a new man. She may have wanted to leave him, and he couldn`t handle it. Who knows. Just one plausible theory. Anyway, like I said, even though their apartment look a bit messy and a bit on the lower end, he doesn`t look that dependent. He may have had some financial issues at the time, but expecting his father to finance his wife, himself and their stay in Thailand for a long period, and if he doesn`t send money then he will kill himself? I just don`t buy that... 

Iam sure free speech is good...but some just are brainless here as it can get...nobody should lay justice on a death circumstances with rudness statements as you may f8nd one day yourself in such situation may not by death but close to struggle with life.

We all make choices but we not all know the future outcome..it may not be the right solution doing such as here stated but writing just stupid txt your life must be bored already or just hate ....why people cannot just be respectfully while judge without knowing the surroundings....be a little more polite not just blant rude

10 minutes ago, HOAX said:

I just can`t see why she chose suicide. All she had to do is to start working again, or/and find a new man. She may have wanted to leave him, and he couldn`t handle it. Who knows. Just one plausible theory. 

Hardly plausible when she killed herself as well. Her suicide note explains that she didn't want to live without her husband, so where do you get "she may have wanted to leave him"?

3 hours ago, binjalin said:

A well written post.

At least you show you have a heart and common sense.

Not like SOME posters.

Jump to ANY conclusion.

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPD14oRykQaNkhLJoE9Gg8JIxdZu19.jpg&key=28f12720d69940e1eb9929a21f7d7de27aa69db98a5e68e37156334e6ab07177

4DQpjUtzLUwmJZZPD14oRykQaNkhLJoDHJUASlkVmByv.jpg&key=d0abfd9c69d2541857fad74374a8048988c80df2324f2f8332c7163d032a215e

At the risk of sounding like a pompous old git ( do I hear murmers of "yes, you said it"), well done both of you.

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived