Frenchman with no money and Thai wife in apparent suicide pact in Uthai Thani

webfact

1 minute ago, Kinnock said:

We see regular criticism of Thai Girls on Thaivisa, but my personal experience, and also from what we can see from the letter in this thread, some (many) Thai girls can bond with an intensity that most Western Girls could never understand.

Agreed. A lot of members here can't get their head around the fact that a Thai woman can genuinely love the man, and not stay with him just because he foots the bills.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the translation of her letter, It's quite possible that she took her life first. He may have found her an hours later and followed suit, out of guilt?

I guess we will never know? Investigation teams here are not very good, with bodies decomposing over 5 days its hard to say if they went at the same time or hours apart.

Either way, RIP guys... Another tragic loss of life which could have probably been avoided.. :sad:

Thai woman, French husband commit double suicide in Uthai Thani

By The Nation

03355424ee375e2eb2a8dee54bb2cfcb.jpeg

A Thai woman and her French husband were found dead side-by-side in a bedroom of their house in Uthai Thani in what police believe to be double suicides.

The bodies were found after the Mueang Karung police station was alerted to check the couple’s house in Moo 6 village in Tambon Mueang Karung of Uthai Thani’s Ban Rai district on Thursday afternoon due to a strong stench emanating from inside.

The couple were identified as Saifon Guffroy and David Guffroy.

Police found the one-storey house locked from the inside and had the village head and relatives break the door open.

The bodies were found lying side-by-side beside their bed. No trace of fighting was detected. Several medicine packets were found in the room.

A handwritten suicide letter in both Thai and English signed by the couple was found on their computer desk inside the bedroom.

The letter was dated September 5. In Thai, it stated: “I decided to kill myself with Khun David, [signed by] Saifon”.

In English, it stated: "Today, I decided to die with my wife Saifon because [neither] my mother [nor] my father want to help us. David Guffroy”.

Relatives said the woman saw a psychiatrist regularly while the Frenchman had developed depression as he had no job and his passport had expired.

Source: https://app.sproutsocial.com/feeds/twitter/georgebkk/

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-24

2 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

Just so very sad. RIP the two of you and enjoy the rest your lives together in the next life for eternity.

What do you mean enjoy ? Committing suicide is the worst thing in life.

I know many retirees married to Thai or living alone not having much money, but they live peacefully their quite life, and happy.

Money will not come from clouds, it is here on the earth, should learn how dig and find.

4 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

David Guffroy's began: "My father has not sent money to Thailand for a long time - I have no money"

David, you were old enough to support your family. RIP. 

Blaming and hurting your daddy (again) isn't a smart move. 

well it is a change from mummy.....

1 minute ago, webfact said:

Thai woman, French husband commit double suicide in Uthai Thani

By The Nation

03355424ee375e2eb2a8dee54bb2cfcb.jpeg

A Thai woman and her French husband were found dead side-by-side in a bedroom of their house in Uthai Thani in what police believe to be double suicides.

The bodies were found after the Mueang Karung police station was alerted to check the couple’s house in Moo 6 village in Tambon Mueang Karung of Uthai Thani’s Ban Rai district on Thursday afternoon due to a strong stench emanating from inside.

The couple were identified as Saifon Guffroy and David Guffroy.

Police found the one-storey house locked from the inside and had the village head and relatives break the door open.

The bodies were found lying side-by-side beside their bed. No trace of fighting was detected. Several medicine packets were found in the room.

A handwritten suicide letter in both Thai and English signed by the couple was found on their computer desk inside the bedroom.

The letter was dated September 5. In Thai, it stated: “I decided to kill myself with Khun David, [signed by] Saifon”.

In English, it stated: "Today, I decided to die with my wife Saifon because [neither] my mother [nor] my father want to help us. David Guffroy”.

Relatives said the woman saw a psychiatrist regularly while the Frenchman had developed depression as he had no job and his passport had expired.

Source: https://app.sproutsocial.com/feeds/twitter/georgebkk/

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-24

Sorry, but very stupid reason to die. You are born with proper eyes, hands and legs. Very shameful to blame parents. I am angry at such people blame parents for not giving money.

4 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

David Guffroy's began: "My father has not sent money to Thailand for a long time - I have no money"

Absolutely, plus train your wife with you was even a lesser smart move!

3 hours ago, typhoon42 said:

Another case of the mentally/financially unbalanced coming to Thailand to live the dream and turning into a nightmare.

well make sure you stay in the good old USA and don't venture away too far from home.

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

RIP....the two loves.

Let's get one thing straight. "People do not kill themselves because they want to die".

They do it because they feel it is the only solution they have to their problems.

People who are not sick well know it is a permenant solution to.. in many cases .....a temporary problem.

Nobody knows the state of mind of the person beside you.

So better to cut out the judgeing and offer up a respectful thought to them.

Because there are so many "scoffers" in this world (examples on here) they might well have felt there would be no one to turn to for a sympethic ear.

Worth it to stick it out longer.   When you at the bottom of the loop...wait a bit...From rock bottom.. the only way is back up...   Life is a roller coaster ride for most of us.  

Make it an everyday job to find a job, or find out what the heck is going on with the family back in France for money...  But at 46 and supporting a wife..... maybe kids someday..... need dad back in France to send cash ?  

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Like to hear from all those negative members who say as soon as the money is gone so is the Thai wife/GF. As sad as it is his wife stuck with him to the bitter end, and there was a 20 year age difference.

But some people are true xxxxholes and get their jollies from such comments.

57 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Agreed. A lot of members here can't get their head around the fact that a Thai woman can genuinely love the man, and not stay with him just because he foots the bills.

That is something I agree with. I am not well, relatively a young man (48) and my wife dotes on me. When I am not around, she does not function well at all. I am in so many ways (as she is to me), my or our life.

If you have never had the black dog of a severe depression touch you, you will not understand. Opting out when the black dog has you, kills just one too many. This is very sad.

Over the years I have seen things go pear-shaped here. You will never know about his financial aspects. All sorts of untoward manners go on in this world, and though it may not be in case, we cannot judge. 

They made the decision and even though it may be not what most of us would do (and done most likely under acute stress), it was their choice no matter how silly or harsh it may seem.

People do strange things for strange reasons.

5 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Why are you addressing the dead guy? Not as if he can explain why he was unable to earn a crust.

sounds to me like it was 'davids ' idea ? hard to believe thai woman decides to kill herself than convinces husband its a good idea . Sheds a little  different light with less sympathy . Talk your wife into suicide and leave a guilt trip for your parents on the way out the door ( this will stay with them forever regardless )

One thing is for sure, she was not with him for the money obviously.  Sad circumstances however.

Looks like both were subjectively attracted to each other for their mutual depressive dynamics ?

RIP...no matter what, as it is sad....said mainly for the parents and survivors.

20 minutes ago, jimmyaaa said:

sounds to me like it was 'davids ' idea ? hard to believe thai woman decides to kill herself than convinces husband its a good idea . Sheds a little  different light with less sympathy . Talk your wife into suicide and leave a guilt trip for your parents on the way out the door ( this will stay with them forever regardless )

How do you imagine your pure supposition could shed light?

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

For those glibly criticizing this unfortunate man's circumstances and his ultimate choices.

"O wad some Power the giftie gie us To see oursels as ithers see us!"

Or others may see us as doing far better than we think we are.

Or one that I am fond of........."before you abuse, criticize or accuse, walk a mile in my shoes."

6 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

What a  comment. I feel sorry for you

Archived