Frenchman with no money and Thai wife in apparent suicide pact in Uthai Thani

webfact

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, geovalin said:

Either

1- you are right this guy is childish

2- his wife wrote this stupid note (she could probably write a few words in French).

3- he never wrote that (lost in translation problem with police or Thai reporter)

If the guy was a kind of mentally disabled person (childish for ever), French govt would have given him a pension, no need Dad.

if you never walked in his shoes ( experienced his mental landscape and his past and present world he lived in ) you should be careful with criticism...depression is a real disease not sure there is proper free treatment in thailand nor if thailand is the place you should go with such a condition...RIP..the next life is a continuum of the present mind added with the very violent and destructive act of destroying this own body....solve all the mental stuff now otherwise in future it will come up again and again and again...the present moment is for you...

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

well make sure you stay in the good old USA and don't venture away too far from home.

FYI I’m currently in Thailand for two months.  I earn money first BEFORE I entered the country.

Semi-retired, paid for home, big pension, high six figure Individual Retirement Account and last but not least debt free.

I refuse to be like the many other lost souls that quit their jobs during their peak earning years, move to Thailand just to live the dream with no plan or real way to earn a living and expect someone else to pay for it.

Sadly the girl got sucked up into this dreamers nightmare.

Too many people come with these go for broke mentalities, you need a safeguard you need a buffer for finances and health, at the very very least a ticket back to your home country to people who can help you to help yourself. 

Im sure it didnt have to end in a tradgedy and its quite sad to read.

9 minutes ago, typhoon42 said:

FYI I’m currently in Thailand for two months.  I earn money first BEFORE I entered the country.

Semi-retired, paid for home, big pension, high six figure Individual Retirement Account and last but not least debt free.

I refuse to be like the many other lost souls that quit their jobs during their peak earning years, move to Thailand just to live the dream with no plan or real way to earn a living and expect someone else to pay for it.

Congrats on your lifetime achievements, but could you have chosen a different thread to brag about yourself?

8 minutes ago, typhoon42 said:

How much did you know this guy?

How can you call him a dreamer? People who never risk anything, perhaps like you, might never know what freedom is.

How do you know that the guy had no plan when he settled down? There might be one day when you wake up from your self-made rosetinted  Disney World. 

1 hour ago, mentalcolonization said:

Lets not rush to bash this guy . There was a card present with an appointment to see a doctor regarding mental health issues. 

Another way to look at this is that this older guy took with him the life of a much younger woman, in the prime of her life (or he manipulated her to take her own life).  Regardless of what the TV "RIP folks" say, if I was the girl's parents, I'd be plenty pissed at this guy.

Truly a sad case. They certainly look fit and healthy in the photo. So young. It is difficult for mentally healthy and stable people to understand what depression can do. However, we'll need to wait for the autopsy and I'm trying to control my suspicious mind until then. My condolences to the families.

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

RIP....the two loves.

Let's get one thing straight. "People do not kill themselves because they want to die".

They do it because they feel it is the only solution they have to their problems.

People who are not sick well know it is a permenant solution to.. in many cases .....a temporary problem.

Nobody knows the state of mind of the person beside you.

So better to cut out the judgeing and offer up a respectful thought to them.

Because there are so many "scoffers" in this world (examples on here) they might well have felt there would be no one to turn to for a sympethic ear.

I'm sorry to say but your 'people do not kill themselves because they want to die" is utter nonsense. 850,000 people kill themselves yearly and many 'want to die' for differing reasons and I believe it is their RIGHT to do so if in sound state of mind etc. People do not always choose this route because they are 'down' and many choose it, as I will one day, because they are terminally ill. We have no idea if this guy was sick only that his father failed to send the normal amount and it is entirely possible his pension was paid into his fathers account or that he sold a home and thought this was the best solution (we don't know).

These two took a courageous decision, I'm sure after tons of thought, and would rather die together. For me it's a moments pause, for all of us, to consider a compassionate response to their right to die.

31 minutes ago, typhoon42 said:

Wonderful you. You have to walk in someone else's shoes before you make comparisons.

7 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Police claim they died from an apparent drug overdose. Really? Then why does it appear in the picture some stain resembling blood all over the floor ?

And they also happened to conveniently overdose right next to each other on the floor in the middle of the room.....that's a little strange.

I think you will find that what you believe to be blood is actually bodily fluids seeping from the bodies as they decay, they had been dead for about 5 days by all accounts which in this heat is enough for decomposition to progress rapidly.

One thing I don't understand is why were their notes are dated back in September, has this only just come to light ?

RIP to them both, something must have gone seriously wrong in their lives.

22 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Another way to look at this is that this older guy took with him the life of a much younger woman, in the prime of her life (or he manipulated her to take her own life).  Regardless of what the TV "RIP folks" say, if I was the girl's parents, I'd be plenty pissed at this guy.

Considering it was her who had the appointment for to see a doctor for mental health issues why are you assuming that it was him who took her with him or he who manipulated her?

12 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I think you will find that what you believe to be blood is actually bodily fluids seeping from the bodies as they decay, they had been dead for about 5 days by all accounts which in this heat is enough for decomposition to progress rapidly.

One thing I don't understand is why were their notes are dated back in September, has this only just come to light ?

RIP to them both, something must have gone seriously wrong in their lives.

well I'm no expert on 5 day old corpses but people who overdose are almost always found seated or lying in beds. Next to each other on the floor in the middle of the room, means either they decided to wait in the middle of the room until the drugs took effect, or something else happened and the died at the same time. Either way it's strange. Typical patheticThai police ruling suicide immediately without any kind of investigation  

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Considering it was her who had the appointment for to see a doctor for mental health issues why are you assuming that it was him who took her with him or he who manipulated her?

So she has mental health issues and he helps her by committing suicide with her?  Look, no one knows what really happened.  But the facts are that this woman died with this man...at 26.  If not for this man, could her family have helped her out?  We'll never know.   

41 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

How much did you know this guy?

How can you call him a dreamer? People who never risk anything, perhaps like you, might never know what freedom is.

How do you know that the guy had no plan when he settled down? There might be one day when you wake up from your self-made rosetinted  Disney World. 

No, I didn’t know him.

Dreamer was a kinder word than loser.

I have/do take risks.  Risk is not the same as stupidity.

At 46 if he threw away everything to live in Thailand and still can’t make it perhaps he should of returned to his home country and find a job like most people do.

He is not the first or last to end up like this.  Unfortunate but true.

There is nothing rose tinted about my life.  I'm responsible for all aspects of my life.  I MAKE my destiny.  Not rely on others to do for me.

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

So she has mental health issues and he helps her by committing suicide with her?  Look, no one knows what really happened.  But the facts are that this woman died with this man...at 26.  If not for this man, could her family have helped her out?  We'll never know.   

You just now implied that it was he who had mental health issues and that she may have helped him by committing suicide and now you take issue with it being the other way around?

Yes, she died at 26 with this man and, by the way, he died at 46 with this woman.  If it were not for this woman could his family of helped him out? 

Are you really this ludicrously sexist?

11 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

well I'm no expert on 5 day old corpses but people who overdose are almost always found seated or lying in beds. Next to each other on the floor in the middle of the room, means either they decided to wait in the middle of the room until the drugs took effect, or something else happened and the died at the same time. Either way it's strange. Typical patheticThai police ruling suicide immediately without any kind of investigation  

It's nice to have an experienced coroner among us.

14 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You just now implied that it was he who had mental health issues and that she may have helped him by committing suicide and now you take issue with it being the other way around?

Yes, she died at 26 with this man and, by the way, he died at 46 with this woman.  If it were not for this woman could his family of helped him out? 

Are you really this ludicrously sexist?

The guy left a note saying that his family wouldn't help him out.  Did the woman leave a note saying that her family wouldn't help her out?  As for the age, at least he got to live to 46...she didn't.  Can't believe you don't get that.

7 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

David Guffroy's began: "My father has not sent money to Thailand for a long time - I have no money"

David, you were old enough to support your family. RIP. 

Blaming and hurting your daddy (again) isn't a smart move. 

Who are you talking to?

36 minutes ago, binjalin said:

I'm sorry to say but your 'people do not kill themselves because they want to die" is utter nonsense. 850,000 people kill themselves yearly and many 'want to die' for differing reasons and I believe it is their RIGHT to do so if in sound state of mind etc. People do not always choose this route because they are 'down' and many choose it, as I will one day, because they are terminally ill. We have no idea if this guy was sick only that his father failed to send the normal amount and it is entirely possible his pension was paid into his fathers account or that he sold a home and thought this was the best solution (we don't know).

These two took a courageous decision, I'm sure after tons of thought, and would rather die together. For me it's a moments pause, for all of us, to consider a compassionate response to their right to die.

Granted, but his note did not say, "Because I am terminally ill," it said that he father had not sent money.  If one were of sound mind and facing terminal illness they would have made a point of that so as to explain why they chose this solution rather than endure the pain of the dying process.  

I cannot say that they took a "courageous" decision.  Often suicide is a solution that seems better than other alternatives.  Like the stock broker who jumps to their death rather than be broke or the husband who blows his brains out rather than face life alone after a divorce.  The vast majority of suicides are people who are suffering from depression.  The illogical decision of a person suffering from a psychological condition (i.e. depression) is not courageous.  It's a symptom of a mental illness.  

4 hours ago, giddyup said:

Like to hear from all those negative members who say as soon as the money is gone so is the Thai wife/GF. As sad as it is his wife stuck with him to the bitter end, and there was a 20 year age difference.

She is the real nuts in this story.

Archived