Frenchman with no money and Thai wife in apparent suicide pact in Uthai Thani

webfact

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, pby92 said:

No pension except for retirement  or social welfare if you live abroad 

Depends what country you are from. In Norway a mentally or physically disabled person which is considered unsuitable to work have the right to a type of pension ( a disability pension ) equal to retirement pension.

Please look into a mirror and tell me if you like what you see....

I like plenty what I see if I was going to go I wouldn't take anyone with me unless they were trying to end me also - the same thing I think every time I get on an aeroplane.

The French dude was stupid isn't that obvious? He ran out of money so offed himself and took someone (who was possibly a little naieve - but still deserved a shot at live) with him

1 minute ago, ttrd said:

Depends what country you are from. In Norway a mentally or physically disabled person which is considered unsuitable to work have the right to a type of pension equal to retirement pension.

You are in Australia as well, but it's not transportable, it will only be paid in Australia. There were too many exploiting the system before and living in Thailand and collecting disability pensions.

3 minutes ago, SoulWater said:

I like plenty what I see if I was going to go I wouldn't take anyone with me unless they were trying to end me also - the same thing I think every time I get on an aeroplane.

The French dude was stupid isn't that obvious? He ran out of money so offed himself and took someone (who was possibly a little naieve - but still deserved a shot at live) with him

How did he take someone with him? Did you take the trouble to read her suicide letter?

We'll never know will we? It's all conjecture.

Completely agree and it is a very sad story from all sides two families without a son and daughter. I am voicing my personal opinion on the fact it could have been a very different outcome if the French guy had applied some common sense i.e you run out of money you go home

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You are in Australia as well, but it's not transportable, it will only be paid in Australia. There were too many exploiting the system before and living in Thailand and collecting disability pensions.

In Norway some years ago it was as well discussed to do it this way, but I guess after calculations the govern understood that they will benefit from letting them take the disability pension abroad as  the payment often last shorter - its all about calculations...;)

Just now, SoulWater said:

Completely agree and it is a very sad story from all sides two families without a son and daughter. I am voicing my personal opinion on the fact it could have been a very different outcome if the French guy had applied some common sense i.e you run out of money you go home

Maybe he had nothing to go home to. I've lived in Thailand 8 years, there's nothing for me back home.

Maybe he had nothing to go home to. I've lived in Thailand 8 years, there's nothing for me back home.

I agree also but European countries give reasonable handouts to people with no money whereas Thailand doesn't - he could have gone home scraped by for a while, found a job, saved some cash then come back to be with his misses. It isn't rocket science

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Time Traveller said:

Police claim they died from an apparent drug overdose. Really? Then why does it appear in the picture some stain resembling blood all over the floor ?

And they also happened to conveniently overdose right next to each other on the floor in the middle of the room.....that's a little strange.

Quite probably defecated as they died.

Just now, SoulWater said:

I agree also but European countries give reasonable handouts to people with no money whereas Thailand doesn't - he could have gone home scraped by for a while, found a job, saved some cash then come back to be with his misses. It isn't rocket science

You have overlooked the fact that he and his wife were both suffering from mental conditions, including depression. They probably weren't capable of making rational decisions.

1 minute ago, SoulWater said:

I am absolutely agree - without to know the full story it may not seems like rocket science, but because of the lack of information it might be...;)

Obviously, he should have gone back home a long time ago, while his passport was still valid, with some money left to buy himself a plane ticket and to survive a few months while trying to get a job.

Who knows why he didn't do it. Maybe he hoped his situation was going to get better, maybe he has some employment prospect, maybe he didn't want to face his problems, maybe he could not stand to be separated from his wife...

But once it's too late, it's really too late. I understand his despair. No money to go back home, even less to wait for a new passport, almost no chance to find a job in Thailand coming from a non english speaking country. Not much he could have done.

I do not know this couple but to all you experts who know nothing about this couples lives should bow your head in shame because it only shows how arrogant and judgemental people are. Unless you have walked in their footsteps and lived their lives with them then you know nothing about what has happened. All anyone should say about this is that something has gone wrong to cause 2 loving people to take their own lives together. That does show the love that they had for each other. RIP

I do not know this couple but to all you experts who know nothing about this couples lives should bow your head in shame because it only shows how arrogant and judgemental people are. Unless you have walked in their footsteps and lived their lives with them then you know nothing about what has happened. All anyone should say about this is that something has gone wrong to cause 2 loving people to take their own lives together. That does show the love that they had for each other. RIP

How does it show their love for each other they are both dead! To me that is selfish to unnecessarily leave behind two grieving families - I am not a heartless person and genuinely think it is a very sad story. Why didn't he just go back to France and regroup? They could have been together as long as they both wanted. I am not a religious person so do not believe they are 'together forever now'

37 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No, not 100% correct. Disability is portable under very, very limited circumstances but nowadays it almost nearly impossible to do. You are allowed to leave the country only for 30 days in one calendar year. Other countries have different rules but Australia's rules have only changed in the last 4-5 years. I do not have a clue about what rules France has.

9 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

David Guffroy's began: "My father has not sent money to Thailand for a long time - I have no money"

David, you were old enough to support your family. RIP. 

Blaming and hurting your daddy (again) isn't a smart move. 

You show no understanding of how debilitating mental illness can be. Shame on you.

So it’s fathers fault that caused him to take his life . To easy to blame others when your a failure in life should of got off his backside and got a job nevertheless RIP to both the deceased I hope they are at peace with themselves ??

You show no understanding of how debilitating mental illness can be. Shame on you.

It can't have been that debilitating for him he had managed to set up a live for himself in Thailand whereas most people I know from my country never normally leave their home town - i am sure he could have found his way back to France until he got himself back on his feet.

5 minutes ago, anicemanian said:

Not surprised at all those French. simpathy to his family but not to him. Very selfish thing to blame father 

You joined up just to post a bigoted remark about French people?  Well welcome aboard, plenty of you ilk around here!

But what you neglect when calling him seflfish and showing him no sympathy is that he was mentally ill, mentally ill people do all sorts of strange things, that is kind of the definition.

50 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Living here for 15 years, many things have changed in my thinking. 

And even my country of origin has become a country for me that I've got nothing more in common with, perhaps only the language. 

1 minute ago, SoulWater said:

It can't have been that debilitating for him he had managed to set up a live for himself in Thailand whereas most people I know from my country never normally leave their home town - i am sure he could have found his way back to France until he got himself back on his feet.

You have shown your total ignorance to any mental health issues that many people suffer from. You pass judgement on this man blaming him when you do not know what the issues were, the wife had the appointment with the doctor not him, was the mental health issue with the wife, you do not know, but you still point the finger at the man. There is no mental health support like Lifeline here in Thailand. Anyone who is pointing the finger at either the man or the woman are nothing but ignorant and arrogant because non of you know what was happening in their lives. They were a loving couple because one did not force the other one to join them, they lived together, they loved together and now they died together. I hope they Rest In Peace away from the ignorant, arrogant know all bigots on here 

Genuinely sad story which would touch anyone with an ounce of compassion.
To those who post on here and look to slag off people with mental health problems as if it's a life choice, you exhibit far worse.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

15 minutes ago, SoulWater said:

Who are you to judge? What do you know of his circumstances? I repeat, comments such as these show the poster knows nothing of how debilitating mental illness can be.

Archived