Frenchman with no money and Thai wife in apparent suicide pact in Uthai Thani

webfact

You have shown your total ignorance to any mental health issues that many people suffer from. You pass judgement on this man blaming him when you do not know what the issues were, the wife had the appointment with the doctor not him, was the mental health issue with the wife, you do not know, but you still point the finger at the man. There is no mental health support like Lifeline here in Thailand. Anyone who is pointing the finger at either the man or the woman are nothing but ignorant and arrogant because non of you know what was happening in their lives. They were a loving couple because one did not force the other one to join them, they lived together, they loved together and now they died together. I hope they Rest In Peace away from the ignorant, arrogant know all bigots on here 

You throw the term bigot around and denounce everyone else's opinion if you look in the dictionary and then the mirror you will understand the term. I am voicing a personal opinion and have never once casted shame on anyone elses opinion. I just think the guy was selfish and has destroyed his family - you also said it was her with a mental illness which makes it even worse he should be taking care of her rather than committing suicide - if he had no mental illness and she did then it is almost homicide - RIP young lady

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

You have shown your total ignorance to any mental health issues that many people suffer from. You pass judgement on this man blaming him when you do not know what the issues were, the wife had the appointment with the doctor not him, was the mental health issue with the wife, you do not know, but you still point the finger at the man. There is no mental health support like Lifeline here in Thailand. Anyone who is pointing the finger at either the man or the woman are nothing but ignorant and arrogant because non of you know what was happening in their lives. They were a loving couple because one did not force the other one to join them, they lived together, they loved together and now they died together. I hope they Rest In Peace away from the ignorant, arrogant know all bigots on here 

And what many people here might not know is that mental hospitals here still do elektro shocks, but using a much higher voltage.ampere than other countries' brain doctors.

My brother in law was such a victim, he's a total mess now and has to be fed daily.

31 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

No, not 100% correct. Disability is portable under very, very limited circumstances but nowadays it almost nearly impossible to do. You are allowed to leave the country only for 30 days in one calendar year. Other countries have different rules but Australia's rules have only changed in the last 4-5 years. I do not have a clue about what rules France has.

So I'm not 100% correct but it's nearly impossible to do. Perhaps you can explain what the very, very limited circumstances are. I was talking about receiving a DSP and living abroad, as people were doing a few years back, and now are no longer able to do.

And what many people here might not know is that mental hospitals here still do elektro shocks, but using a much higher voltage.ampere than other countries' brain doctors.

My brother in law was such a victim, he's a total mess now and has to be fed daily.

Look I have sympathy for anyone with mental health issues but if it is very serious they should be living in their own countries being taken care of by their own family and own health service - this guy obviously had a father that cared for him and breast fed him with money it was sulking and selfish what he did

49 minutes ago, pistachios said:

Obviously, he should have gone back home a long time ago, while his passport was still valid, with some money left to buy himself a plane ticket and to survive a few months while trying to get a job.

Who knows why he didn't do it. Maybe he hoped his situation was going to get better, maybe he has some employment prospect, maybe he didn't want to face his problems, maybe he could not stand to be separated from his wife...

But once it's too late, it's really too late. I understand his despair. No money to go back home, even less to wait for a new passport, almost no chance to find a job in Thailand coming from a non english speaking country. Not much he could have done.

He's and he wasn't the last who committed suicide. I believe that hope is the last that dies.

And if you reach that point, nothing makes sense anymore. It's a very tragic event and it's just plain sad to blame him for any wrongdoings. 

1 minute ago, SoulWater said:

Look I have sympathy for anyone with mental health issues but if it is very serious they should be living in their own countries being taken care of by their own family and own health service - this guy obviously had a father that cared for him and breast fed him with money it was sulking and selfish what he did

As someone has already pointed out, no one knows what the circumstances were of his receiving money from his father, it may well have been his own money that was just being administered by his father, and if his father refused to send any more money for whatever reason then I doubt he had the compassion to be caring for a mentally ill son. Sulking and selfish? Give me a break.

7 minutes ago, SoulWater said:

But they must have had a very nice time before. I completely understand that a visa in a passport isn't important anymore when you can't even pay for the basic things in life.

And being there for an obviously very sick woman and knowing how the mental/medical sector here works, easy to comprehend what has happened. 

They went together, and I truly hope that they meet again, somehow. Even when I don't believe in reincarnation.But how much do I know? 

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

As someone has already pointed out, no one knows what the circumstances were of his receiving money from his father, it may well have been his own money that was just being administered by his father, and if his father refused to send any more money for whatever reason then I doubt he had the compassion to be caring for a mentally ill son. Sulking and selfish? Give me a break.

The problems we are facing here are huge. The biggest enemies of foreigners in LOS are other foreigners who might know more, have more, or just say more.

But they must have had a very nice time before. I completely understand that a visa in a passport isn't important anymore when you can't even pay for the basic things in life.

And being there for an obviously very sick woman and knowing how the mental/medical sector here works, easy to comprehend what has happened. 

They went together, and I truly hope that they meet again, somehow. Even when I don't believe in reincarnation.But how much do I know? 

If she was mentally ill and he wasn't how does that make you feel about him? He had money issues and daddy problems so pursuaded her to kill herself?

More proof that antidepressants don't work. They made me suicidal too. If anyone reading this is having a shit time at the moment then look into niacin, it has pretty much cured my depression and ocd alongside b12 and folate. There is always better days ahead, your brain can heal with nutrient therapy. 

7 minutes ago, SoulWater said:

If she was mentally ill and he wasn't how does that make you feel about him? He had money issues and daddy problems so pursuaded her to kill herself?

You might consider that he must have had enormous mental problems himself.

Having no money to buy anything, no money to buy a new passport, or to extend the visa, and other things can easily make him so depressive that both decided to go.

Having a loving, but very sick wife next to you, can only make things worse.

And it got very worse. 

More proof that antidepressants don't work. They made me suicidal too. If anyone reading this is having a shit time at the moment then look into niacin, it has pretty much cured my depression and ocd alongside b12 and folate. There is always better days ahead, your brain can heal with nutrient therapy. 

Very good luck to you - despite my previous posts I am a very caring person and hate to read stories like this. You sound like you will be able to get through things, things are never as bad as they seem if you have nobody else to talk to PM me would be happy to talk to you so we never have to read stories like this again. Good luck to you from the bottom of my heart

2 minutes ago, SoulWater said:

Very good luck to you - despite my previous posts I am a very caring person and hate to read stories like this. You sound like you will be able to get through things, things are never as bad as they seem if you have nobody else to talk to PM me would be happy to talk to you so we never have to read stories like this again. Good luck to you from the bottom of my heart

4 minutes ago, Suttisan said:

+ 1. Please feel free to send me a message and I'll give you my details if you wanna talk. 

To Soulwater,

Your post makes a lot of sense.

In this world are many snowflakes that want to blame everyone else for the problems in their lives and not take responsibility for their actions.

I do not believe for one minute this person was truly mentally ill.

As mentioned in a previous post he had traveled to Australia and lived in Thailand.  All rational decisions.

He may of been bummed out (situational depression) due to his financial situation but not mentally ill.

We all go through slight depression as different times of our lives.

He just didn’t want to return to his home country for a job when he had the resources to.

I was at least once at that point where I wanted to do the same. But having loving people and an income wiped that away.

No idea what would happen if income and wife would be gone. How many of you know what they'd do once they've lost all?

I really cannot figure out what is wrong with people these days.

I`ve been through hard times, been right down in the dumps, divorced, out of work, destitute, the lot. But I used to face these problems logically and then slowly got myself out of the rut. Never, ever in my whole life have I contemplated suicide, especially that I am in good health. But these days it seems many people are unable to cope with the challenges of life, if the going gets tough, then easier to end their lives. They treat life as if it`s cheap.

The newspapers are full of stories of young people, even kids that end their lives for what seems the most trivial of reasons. Is it because young people are under more pressure today in this highly competitive world? Because I sure don`t understand it.

David Guffroy's began: "My father has not sent money to Thailand for a long time - I have no money".

bum1
bəm/
informal
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
  1. 1.
    a vagrant.
  2. 2.
    a person who devotes a great deal of time to a specified activity.
    "a ski bum"
    synonyms: enthusiast, fan, aficionado, lover, freak, nut, buff, fanatic, addict
    "a ski bum"
verb
  1. 1.
    travel, with no particular purpose or destination.
    "he bummed around Florida for a few months"
    synonyms: loaf, lounge, idle, wander, drift, meander, dawdle; More

2. 2.
    get by asking or begging.
    "they tried to bum money off us"
    synonyms: beg, borrow; More

adjective
  1. 1.
    of poor quality; bad or wrong.

1 minute ago, cyberfarang said:

I really cannot figure out what is wrong with people these days.

I`ve been through hard times, been right down in the dumps, divorced, out of work, destitute, the lot. But I used to face these problems logically and then slowly got myself out of the rut. Never, ever in my whole life have I contemplated suicide, especially that I am in good health. But these days it seems many people are unable to cope with the challenges of life, if the going gets tough, then easier to end their lives. They treat life as if it`s cheap.

The newspapers are full of stories of young people, even kids that end their lives for what seems the most trivial of reasons. Is it because young people are under more pressure today in this highly competitive world? Because I sure don`t understand it.

Can you only imagine when the woman you love gets seriously sick? Then you lose your income, even when that was from mom and dad.

Then your self esteem is gone, because you can't pay for a better mental hospital, or better drugs. It's highly possible that they were using electro shocks on her, and I don't want to explain here what that does to people.

If that's happening somewhere in Europe, it's much easier to deal with, but here?

Nobody around you would even try to help you, every cop car makes you nervous and one day will come where you can't cope with all that utter bs that you once called your life.

I think that i get them somehow. 

Can you only imagine when the woman you love gets seriously sick? Then you lose your income, even when that was from mom and dad.

Then your self esteem is gone, because you can't pay for a better mental hospital, or better drugs. It's highly possible that they were using electro shocks on her, and I don't want to explain here what that does to people.

If that's happening somewhere in Europe, it's much easier to deal with, but here?

Nobody around you would even try to help you, every cop car makes you nervous and one day will come where you can't cope with all that utter bs that you once called your life.

Agree with you jenny2017 to an extent some people are better at dealing with the 'knocks' in life than others.
Sometimes all it takes is a kind word or advice from someone who gives a damn to get you back on your feet.
I have started from scratch so many times but would never consider this approach when there are always so many other options.
Thailand can probably be one of the most unforgiving countries in the world if someone has an illness of this type - i have experienced it with extended family and family in social service jobs it is not nice.
My PM is always open if anyone feels so low they would consider something like this.

6 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Blank+_984123c35d70d2ce07ac6ed41aeb85f1.

10 hours ago, binjalin said:

We do not know the full circumstances and it is too easy to sit there and criticize this couple. For all we know he had money lodged with his father and an arrangement to send regularly. We don't know.

Sometimes the stress and desolation of life becomes too much and people want to leave. It is up to them and this couple obviously loved each other dearly. May they both now find peace.

Indeed, and it looks like he had mental health issues too, sad story.

13 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Total BS.

Many of my family fought in WW2, saw and experienced horrors and suffering beyond the extremes, arrived back to the UK after the war, had nothing and had to rely on charities and soup kitchens just to eat. Life is always worth fighting for no matter how much a person thinks they are pushing against the odds. People like you have no inner strengths to battle on, because life is a struggle for everyone. No one has ever helped me through my struggles, but I`ve always had the ambitions to succeed because I want to live, not just give up lie down and call it a day.

What do you mean,  it's highly possible that they were using electro shocks on her? How do you know? Your comments make you come across as a no hoper, but that doesn`t pertain to me.

16 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Total BS.

Many of my family fought in WW2, saw and experienced horrors and suffering beyond the extremes, arrived back to the UK after the war, had nothing and had to rely on charities and soup kitchens just to eat. Life is always worth fighting for no matter how much a person thinks they are pushing against the odds. People like you have no inner strengths to battle on, because life is a struggle for everyone. No one has ever helped me through my struggles, but I`ve always had the ambitions to succeed because I want to live, not just give up lie down and call it a day.

What do you mean,  it's highly possible that they were using electro shocks on her? How do you know? Your comments make you come across as a no hoper, but that doesn`t pertain to me.

In times of WWII were not only your family suffering. Mine was also suffering, but in the completely destroyed country of Germania.

( And I'm glad that it  was done, hating A.H. and his folks a lot.)

I was just trying to understand them for what they have done by committing suicide and i hope that we all can at least come up with an opinion?

My brother in law received  Electroshock therapy in an Isaan city in Thailand, and he's now completely destroyed. They must feed him in the morning and I can understand why it's very hard to live with such a person, even when you love her/ him...

I had to find out that he wasn't the only one who received an overdose of electrical energy right on and in his brain.And I wrote that there's a high possibility for it, because it's done so often here.

It's possible doesn't mean that it's true, and if so, it wouldn't matter, would it?

I do have a lot of hope and try to help others when they had to bite <deleted>.

Peace. 

Poor girl took a wrong turn aged 18, and met this guy, undoubtably in love, but could just as well have been with another guy, and still be alive. Did he try to dissuade her from taking the easy way out? Or was he consoled that he wouldn't have to die alone? He could have hitched up his braces, and gone out to find work, there are plenty of schools looking for French teachers in Thailand. Asking for money from mum and dad after the age of 25, is really rather pathetic. Was there nothing the girl could have done to make money? Hundreds of hard workers pushing noodle carts through towns everyday, many of whom are supporting families.

she could have worked in a factory, just enough to put food on the table until numb nuts got off has backside and got pro active.
.A one way ticket to Europe is not expensive and options would open up for them when he got back home.

Or even better they split. heartbreak will eventually heal, I feel sorry for this girls family

53 minutes ago, SoulWater said:

Thailand can probably be one of the most unforgiving countries in the world if someone has an illness of this type - i have experienced it with extended family and family in social service jobs it is not nice.
My PM is always open if anyone feels so low they would consider something like this.

Are you for real? 

Earlier on you were posting horrible stuff which one poster pulled you up on (now deleted), from calling the French guy "stupid" to now offering to be a part time Samaritan if anyone is feeling suicidal. 

Please don't tell me you worked in Social Services too! 

Give me strength.......

she could have worked in a factory, just enough to put food on the table until numb nuts got off has backside and got pro active.
.A one way ticket to Europe is not expensive and options would open up for them when he got back home.

Or even better they split. heartbreak will eventually heal, I feel sorry for this girls family

I am with you on this - a little off topic but anyone else watching the Friday night show? [emoji23]

Are you for real? 
Earlier on you were posting horrible stuff which one poster pulled you up on (now deleted), from calling the French guy "stupid" to now offering to be a part time Samaritan if anyone is feeling suicidal. 
Please don't tell me you worked in Social Services too! 

Give me strength.......

I also work as a part time monk if you need any moral or social guidance?

Archived