Frenchman with no money and Thai wife in apparent suicide pact in Uthai Thani

webfact

46 years old,yet so dependant on Daddy that he would commit suicide because Dad did not send money???? :shock1::shock1:How easily,and meaninglessly,  human life gets wasted!!The wife is,or rather was,quite pretty,and only 26:sad::sad:.RIP,both of you.And,parents,please stop spoiling your children before it is too late. 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, micmichd said:

You're right. 

The sad fact that you get incarcerated and eventually locked up in German mental hospitals if you're declared mentally sick and you tell them you want to go away. They call it "runaway syndrome" ("Weglauftendenzen") in German. The only way to get out is to have a good income which this guy apparently didn't have. These are German laws based on ICD-10 (Europe's DSM)

So this French guy was apparently fully aware of his situation. Which means he was not mentally sick at all. He was probably jobless because there are simply not enough jobs in Europe anymore.

In Germany (the country with the perfect nanny state) more and more people become childish now.

He had a mental problem and it's understandable after running out of cash, no valid passport/ visa, etc..

I do not understand your connection to German laws for a French citizen and his Thai wife. Fact is that they'd have treated any Asylum seekers way better than somebody coming back from Thailand after such a long time, without having paid into the social security, etc.

I guess all he knew was that he'd have to get back into the system to be able to receive any welfare, of course could they have tried to let his parents pay, who knows? But that's not the point.

It would have taken some time to have insurance and money from welfare. It seems to be similar to other European countries that once you've been out of France for so many years, you'll have to start over again. But without his wife, who's mentally sick.

And we don't know how sick!

Not having money and relying on his parents wasn't his best move, but we do not know under which circumstances he received cash from dad. It's  irrelevant now.  

What he's facing from Thailand when going for a new passport, was obviously getting caught, deported and then blacklisted for at least 10 years.

Having a mentally sick wife, where he couldn't do anything to help her must have been one more reason to develop depressions. 

It seems that both decided to go and they committed suicide. Let them rest in peace, wherever that is. 

Here's the statement, please click on the link

Relatives said the woman saw a psychiatrist regularly while the Frenchman had developed depression as he had no job and his passport had expired.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/around_thailand/30332401

21 hours ago, silent said:

Unfortunately I've been threatened with banishment whenever I've had to explain in clearer terms that their comment made me think of other idiots like those who rarely look beyond a mirror enough to know that just because someone doesn't look as mentally challenged doesn't mean they aren't. 

Otherwise I'd be happy to oblige and explain the thought deeper without having to use pictures as an aid, too :smile:.  

So, this happened to you often before, as it seems. Must be very nice to be the one with all the knowledge and right views, so that you can explain how it really is to so many idiots and mentally unchallenged people. I wish you all the best continuing with that in the future. Must be very hard to be the leader of minds. At least you gave me a good laugh. Thanks!

On 24/11/2017 at 10:18 AM, NCC1701A said:

:violin::violin::violin::violin:

Bit harsh that Captain Kirk.....it’s always tragic when someone takes their own life when their problems overcome them to such a decision. Perhaps if you knew someone who had you would show a little compassion.

RIP.

3 minutes ago, Grauwulf said:

Bit harsh that Captain Kirk.....it’s always tragic when someone takes their own life when their problems overcome them to such a decision. Perhaps if you knew someone who had you would show a little compassion.

RIP.

I doubt it. It’s clear this forum is full of angry sad old men who jump on any opportunity to try and demonstrate how “tough” they are but inside they are a mess. They are fooling no one. 

7 hours ago, Get Real said:

So, this happened to you often before, as it seems. Must be very nice to be the one with all the knowledge and right views, so that you can explain how it really is to so many idiots and mentally unchallenged people. I wish you all the best continuing with that in the future. Must be very hard to be the leader of minds. At least you gave me a good laugh. Thanks!

As a matter of fact after years of experience I can explain all about it, but I'm more inclined to identify idiots by their comprehension than physical appearance or words written in distress. It is nice, but admittedly I miss being more popular:cheesy:

On 24/11/2017 at 11:59 AM, ttrd said:

Depends what country you are from. In Norway a mentally or physically disabled person which is considered unsuitable to work have the right to a type of pension ( a disability pension ) equal to retirement pension.

Yes in France have same but in most case you will lose it if you live in non EU country 

I can clearly tell most posters never suffered from depression,good for you.!!

You wake up in the late morning and you want some coffee,you see the coffeepot,the coffee and you know what needs to be done but somehow you can"t.You feel really bad about this and you decide to take a drive somewhere,you pass a lot of places where you can buy a cup of coffee but you don't see the point.

You are almost home again but you pass your drive way because you have no idea what to do once you are home.

Nobody can understand what you are going through when you are depressed,those who never had it i hope you will be spared from it.

There are a bunch of people on here who show no compassion and

think they are good enough to judge these two poor people.

How can you stand to look at yourselves?

Too true jvs. My sister whom I have always been close to, was a cheerful and bright soul all her life till her husband left her with three young kids. She sank into depression and was hospitalised for 3 months.She tried to explain the terrible darkness she felt that had overcome her, leaving her helpless to do anything, but I couldn't really grasp what she was going through, never having felt that way.

She recovered with the help of medicine, and over the years cut back on the dosage, wanting to be free of dependency on anti- depressants. She reduced the dosage to a quarter of one pill a day, and then finally nothing.

For 6 months she was fine, and then the depression and anxiety suddenly came back, all at once,  'like a tsunami,' she said. She would wake up sweating and vomiting with fear at the thought of going to work though she knew there was no rational reason for her terror. She would force herself to walk before she went to work, trying to shake off the nausea.

None of this fear and depression made any logical sense, she had a good job, three loving children and four grandchildren.

'It was just like a big black cloud that was sitting right on me, refusing to leave,' she told me. She went back to the doctor who put her back on the pills, now she is okay again . It's a chemical inbalance in the brain , that's for sure, the individual has no control over this mood or state of mind.

What really shocked me though was her remarks after she had got through the last spell of depression. 

' I never want to go through that again, if I do, I will kill myself for sure, it's unbearable,' she told me in a matter of fact sort of way. she wasn't looking for sympathy.

To look at her on the outside, laughing and playing with her grandchildren in her nice house near the sea, those words seem incomprehensible but I fear if the illness ever came back she would be true to her words.

It's that powerful.

11 hours ago, bannork said:

Too true jvs. My sister whom I have always been close to, was a cheerful and bright soul all her life till her husband left her with three young kids. She sank into depression and was hospitalised for 3 months.She tried to explain the terrible darkness she felt that had overcome her, leaving her helpless to do anything, but I couldn't really grasp what she was going through, never having felt that way.

She recovered with the help of medicine, and over the years cut back on the dosage, wanting to be free of dependency on anti- depressants. She reduced the dosage to a quarter of one pill a day, and then finally nothing.

For 6 months she was fine, and then the depression and anxiety suddenly came back, all at once,  'like a tsunami,' she said. She would wake up sweating and vomiting with fear at the thought of going to work though she knew there was no rational reason for her terror. She would force herself to walk before she went to work, trying to shake off the nausea.

None of this fear and depression made any logical sense, she had a good job, three loving children and four grandchildren.

'It was just like a big black cloud that was sitting right on me, refusing to leave,' she told me. She went back to the doctor who put her back on the pills, now she is okay again . It's a chemical inbalance in the brain , that's for sure, the individual has no control over this mood or state of mind.

What really shocked me though was her remarks after she had got through the last spell of depression. 

' I never want to go through that again, if I do, I will kill myself for sure, it's unbearable,' she told me in a matter of fact sort of way. she wasn't looking for sympathy.

To look at her on the outside, laughing and playing with her grandchildren in her nice house near the sea, those words seem incomprehensible but I fear if the illness ever came back she would be true to her words.

It's that powerful.

I feel for her. I went through a period of pretty bad depression about 10 years ago for reasons no need to describe. Imagine an absolutely beautiful corker of a day with the sun shining, not a cloud in the sky, thats what normal people see. When I was in the depth of depression it was like the outside was one a dimensional, monochrome and lifeless picture. You can't hear or relate to laughter or happiness, its like being stuck in a grey bubble that filters out any positive emotion and colour. That when i understood why the term black dog was coined. Luckily for me the event passed and i got on with it.

17 hours ago, jvs said:

I can clearly tell most posters never suffered from depression,good for you.!!

You wake up in the late morning and you want some coffee,you see the coffeepot,the coffee and you know what needs to be done but somehow you can"t.You feel really bad about this and you decide to take a drive somewhere,you pass a lot of places where you can buy a cup of coffee but you don't see the point.

You are almost home again but you pass your drive way because you have no idea what to do once you are home.

Nobody can understand what you are going through when you are depressed,those who never had it i hope you will be spared from it.

There are a bunch of people on here who show no compassion and

think they are good enough to judge these two poor people.

How can you stand to look at yourselves?

Well said sir. There are some disgusting opinionated people on this thread who dont know shxt.

Ok, to say "good it dont happen to you" but really, some of what people say on here, it really would deserve them a som num nah IF it did happen to them.

About these couple, nobody knows whats really gone on.

Could be they were that broke they soon couldnt afford to buy medicine and decided...

Actually, the most double cruel about a horrible depression is if you stop taking the medicine suddenly, you soon experience a new hell that is many times worse than the original and even then you cant see or understand

I been through this myself and i cannot describe in words how bad it is.

If you are on these meds, please seek help and reduce the dosage gradual..dont EVER temp to try to give up all at once.

IMO i think this could be the cause of many deaths of people who are depressed.

Very sad

1 hour ago, mserror said:

With 7 billion people overpopulating this planet, survival is becoming more difficult and I expect more stories like this.

Your post gave me an idea to check on Thailand's suicide rates, and it's shocking.

Thailand has third most suicides in the world

According to the Public Health Ministry of Thailand, 4,000 Thai people commit suicide each year.

Broken hearts and family-related issues were the top reasons for Thais to commit suicide, with a monthly average of 300 per month or 4,000 cases every year. That figure makes it the country with the third-most suicides in the world, according to Public Health Ministry spokesman and psychiatrist Dr Yongyuth Wongpiromsan.

https://ethailand.com/breaking-news/thailand-third-most-suicides-world/1627/

Thailand-Suicide-Rate-702x336.jpg

14 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Your post gave me an idea to check on Thailand's suicide rates, and it's shocking.

Thailand has third most suicides in the world

According to the Public Health Ministry of Thailand, 4,000 Thai people commit suicide each year.

Broken hearts and family-related issues were the top reasons for Thais to commit suicide, with a monthly average of 300 per month or 4,000 cases every year. That figure makes it the country with the third-most suicides in the world, according to Public Health Ministry spokesman and psychiatrist Dr Yongyuth Wongpiromsan.

https://ethailand.com/breaking-news/thailand-third-most-suicides-world/1627/

Thailand-Suicide-Rate-702x336.jpg

Not surprizingly at all especially if we take into consideration that People who jumps from balconies backwards and up side Down With their legs and hands bounded in addtion to multiple stab wounds in the back goes under the category of suicide....

I would rather say that Thailand seems to be on the top of the world when it comes to unresolved criminal cases which unfortunately seems to be logged as suicide ...

23 hours ago, bannork said:

. She sank into depression and was hospitalised for 3 months.She tried to explain the terrible darkness she felt that had overcome her, leaving her helpless to do anything, but I couldn't really grasp what she was going through, never having felt that way.

Yes, I suffer a severe mental illness. Depression is just a small part of it. This is not easy to write but it seems a few people here might want to consider what serious depression is like to live with.

When you are walking, say through Central Festival with your wife in hand, yet you have tears falling down your face for no reason at all, yet you cannot reason a problem? No, sometimes you cannot reason anything at all as your body is shutting down on you. You don't even know why the tears are there. The next minute you felt worthless; more so than at any other point in your life and struck with real fear. You think that you are suddenly lost, under a thick cloud of just nothing, and it is black. You feel as if you are walking in tar and my mind starts to repeat itself in a loop.

Welcome to the land of depression.  That's why they call it the black dog. It clouds your thoughts and vision and holds onto you like a pit bull.

The next morning you cannot get out of bed; you're just frozen in a loop of time. The food to you smells rotten.  Your wife and her younger brother get you up and shower you. As you sit on the chair with water running over you, you silently cry. They take you outside to sit in the sun to try to make you feel cheery. The dogs you love come over to play with you, but you just cannot move. My black Labrador sits laying by my feet not moving for hours on end. Even he knows something is wrong.

Tears fall over the hours as you cannot see any joy. The other dogs of mine are walking around you so happy to see you but you feel though it is much better if you were not part of this act you were made to play in this world. This may go on for days, weeks or even months. You are just frozen in a loop, and the pain is genuine. Walking nightmares move in your head and when your eyes are open, just about every misdeed of the past comes to haunt you. To be played over and over again in slow motion like a horror movie; for you never to again touch pleasure, but to torture, you with pain. The memories may not even be true but you cannot tell.

I have had months in my younger years of such depressions. Now, it is not too bad but the thought of depression scares me very much but to date, this year I have suffered one such incident.

Welcome to the real world of depression. Until you have suffered such an episode, you can just count yourself lucky and hope that you never do. Sure feeling off for a few days in normal by major depression is a much later step up from that and so many that get caught in this loop find now way out and this is now one of the silent killers in our world. 

Be educated and be smart. If you have a friend or family member who seems down, treatment is needed and just a few encouraging words at the right time can make a massive difference to someone's life. 

15 hours ago, totally thaied up said:

Yes, I suffer a severe mental illness. Depression is just a small part of it. This is not easy to write but it seems a few people here might want to consider what serious depression is like to live with.

When you are walking, say through Central Festival with your wife in hand, yet you have tears falling down your face for no reason at all, yet you cannot reason a problem? No, sometimes you cannot reason anything at all as your body is shutting down on you. You don't even know why the tears are there. The next minute you felt worthless; more so than at any other point in your life and struck with real fear. You think that you are suddenly lost, under a thick cloud of just nothing, and it is black. You feel as if you are walking in tar and my mind starts to repeat itself in a loop.

Welcome to the land of depression.  That's why they call it the black dog. It clouds your thoughts and vision and holds onto you like a pit bull.

The next morning you cannot get out of bed; you're just frozen in a loop of time. The food to you smells rotten.  Your wife and her younger brother get you up and shower you. As you sit on the chair with water running over you, you silently cry. They take you outside to sit in the sun to try to make you feel cheery. The dogs you love come over to play with you, but you just cannot move. My black Labrador sits laying by my feet not moving for hours on end. Even he knows something is wrong.

Tears fall over the hours as you cannot see any joy. The other dogs of mine are walking around you so happy to see you but you feel though it is much better if you were not part of this act you were made to play in this world. This may go on for days, weeks or even months. You are just frozen in a loop, and the pain is genuine. Walking nightmares move in your head and when your eyes are open, just about every misdeed of the past comes to haunt you. To be played over and over again in slow motion like a horror movie; for you never to again touch pleasure, but to torture, you with pain. The memories may not even be true but you cannot tell.

I have had months in my younger years of such depressions. Now, it is not too bad but the thought of depression scares me very much but to date, this year I have suffered one such incident.

Welcome to the real world of depression. Until you have suffered such an episode, you can just count yourself lucky and hope that you never do. Sure feeling off for a few days in normal by major depression is a much later step up from that and so many that get caught in this loop find now way out and this is now one of the silent killers in our world. 

Be educated and be smart. If you have a friend or family member who seems down, treatment is needed and just a few encouraging words at the right time can make a massive difference to someone's life. 

This is very sad, I'm sorry for your pain. We all get down from time to time but this is a whole other thing.

Problem is, there's very little, if any, effective help in Thailand, which seeks to minimise the incidence of psychological problems in the same way it deals with the road toll. What have you tried? PM would be better than a post.

On 11/27/2017 at 6:58 AM, ttrd said:

Not surprizingly at all especially if we take into consideration that People who jumps from balconies backwards and up side Down With their legs and hands bounded in addtion to multiple stab wounds in the back goes under the category of suicide....

I would rather say that Thailand seems to be on the top of the world when it comes to unresolved criminal cases which unfortunately seems to be logged as suicide ...

Really, how can the claim of such blatant cover-ups of murder as having a HIGH rate of occurrence be substantiated? Care to put some meat on the bones of such claims?

The figures get cocked up in the other direction, as well. 

We can not know of how many have taken their quiet road of exit, with deaths reported as heart failure or such, and no toxicological examinations performed--with  the 'cause' provided in many cases by family members who may well suspect their elder's actual cause of death, but wish no intimations of disgrace, whether upon the deceased, or themselves as having been neglectful. 

"Epidemiology of Suicide in Asia"

http://www.who.int/mental_health/resources/suicide_prevention_asia_chapter1.pdf 

pp.10-11 (and others) regard Thailand, while the phenomenon of under-report of suicide is widespread.

Archived