Tearful Kobkarn plays up her "quality tourism" achievements as chop looms

webfact

On 11/24/2017 at 7:19 PM, sambum said:

"tourism ebbs and flows due to outside factors"

When has TAT ever issued a report that says tourist figures have gone DOWN? I can't remember ever seeing one, yet in my neck of the woods (and apparently other tourist destinations) I don't know of ONE bar owner, hotelier or restaurant owner who can remember such low numbers of visitors. And it is not "ebb and flow" - I can see with my own eyes that there is now virtually no "high season", and on some nights the main street here is literally deserted, whereas a few years ago - even in "low season", there were always a few people about taking advantage of  cheap flights, cheap hotel rates etc.

People in every country should try to earn an honest hard day's work not depend on tourists for any revenue.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sorry for the poor woman. Unlike other ministers she was a trier but unfortunately was surrounded by idiots in her department who dreamed up these stupid hubs etc. and she was suckered. That's no excuse.

Unlike most ruling military ministers who simply try to dominate and frighten the people she at least showed some humanity and spoke with dedication.

Unfortunately Thailand's bureaucracy is infantile at best and that has been exposed by her department.

There is no hope for this country until they grow up which never likely.

17 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I really don't know what her motives were.  From my own point of view, it appeared that she was tampering with areas that made Thailand the unique place it was, whilst seeming unable to do anything about the issue that tourists really care about- protecting them from beatings or worse.

You are right mommysboy. Thailand is ripe for all these bad things to happen because the country does not produce an honest strong leader who could do the country good. Example the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore was a strong no nonsense prime minister and he made singapore a clean country with very little corruption.(I don't think he was good in other things he was just another money crazy PM just look at his salary)but you could expect good police work and very few crimes those are good things he did.

So with no good leader and Thais who want to make big money even if it means murder you cannot possibly expect anything good to come out of it. Now it is too late to do anything because anyone touch on it would be deal with sooner or later( in a final solution way).

6 minutes ago, madusa said:

You are right mommysboy. Thailand is ripe for all these bad things to happen because the country does not produce an honest strong leader who could do the country good. Example the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore was a strong no nonsense prime minister and he made singapore a clean country with very little corruption.(I don't think he was good in other things he was just another money crazy PM just look at his salary)but you could expect good police work and very few crimes those are good things he did.

So with no good leader and Thais who want to make big money even if it means murder you cannot possibly expect anything good to come out of it. Now it is too late to do anything because anyone touch on it would be deal with sooner or later( in a final solution way).

I lived in Singapore in the 70s and he earned every cent he was paid. I loved it there, but now too expensive for me.

I've always said if they could have had him run LOS, but allow the sanuk this would be the greatest country in the world.

19 hours ago, madusa said:

People in every country should try to earn an honest hard day's work not depend on tourists for any revenue.

Rubbish! In nearly every country there is a tourist industry staffed by hard working people, many of whom get paid a lowly wage for their efforts. Undereducated and underqualified they may be, but chambermaids and glass collectors do a worthwhile, sometimes unappreciated job, and to me this qualifies as an "honest hard day's work" by any standards. Better that than living on handouts in many of the immigrant friendly countries in the West.

Along with exports , tourism is supposed to be going gangbusters at the moment.......The mainstay of the Thai economy they tell us.

What?  And they're sacking one of the most successful tourism ministers in thai history! 

So tourism isn't going well at the moment?  ...... or what.

1 hour ago, Ned said:

Along with exports , tourism is supposed to be going gangbusters at the moment.......The mainstay of the Thai economy they tell us.

What?  And they're sacking one of the most successful tourism ministers in thai history! 

So tourism isn't going well at the moment?  ...... or what.

Might come as a shock to some, but this government is notable for the number of paid professional liars who fill it's ranks. Their major claim to fame, messrs Prayuth, Prawit et al, is their ability to lie in their teeth. Not smart but then the lies aren't aimed at smart people...

On 11/23/2017 at 11:43 PM, Cadbury said:

It looks like back to the knitting for Kobkarn. If she is dumped the country will certainly miss her creativeness.   

Lest we Forget: Kobkarn Watanavarangul and TAT's Thai tourism attractions and hubs.

·        Durian Kit Kat tourists

·        Pokemon Go tourists

·        Rusting naval base tourists

·        Jetski tourists hub

·        Eliminate prostitution

·        Sports tourists hub

·        Medical tourists hub

·        Jewellery tourists hub

·        Pattaya good clean family tourist fun hub.

·        Target wealthy Chinese tourists who normally go to Japan

·        Target wealthy Japanese tourists who normally go to Taiwan

·        Promote 400B National Parks for tourists

·        Promote off-season tourism

·        Attract Chinese couples for marriage in Thailand

·        World film locations hub

·        Rainy season tourist programme

·        Village to the World project

·        Gastronomy tourism

·        Wedding and honeymoon hub

·        Indian Bollywood stars hub

·        Thai Sustainable Tourism in Thai Way of Life Project

·        Attract India couples for marriage in Thailand

·        Thailand Golf Paradise hub

·        Cultural world heritage development in lower northern provinces

·        Married couples hub

You failed to mention the "HiSo" wealthy single women coming to Pattaya for the yachting.

Archived