British Man Arrested For Firing Air Rifle at Locals From 7th Floor of Condo

snoop1130

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

Got that right! Its his country! The Brit will pay through the nose or he will end up in a slammer. That will teach him to behave when travelling abroad. Brits want to be treated like Thais. What a big laugh. :sleepy:

seems u approve sentencing based on ur nationality? Which is racist btw. 

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

So.. what? this half-wit, jackass, lunatic thought he can take shot pots

at people for his amusement and nothing will happen? can you do that

in the UK and all will be well?....

Given the poor state of police funding in the UK, an over stretched police force and leftist liberalism - its seems the police are unable to effectively initiate the law completely. So, no, sadly, he would very likely get away it or at most get a slap on the wrist.

this, while taxi drivers swinging machetes on other motorists get sent home because nobody got hurt. i'm not defending this mitchell. i mean i'd beat the hell out of him if he tried to shoot me with an airgun. i'm just saying that if a local did this, i doubt the police would lift a finger. do as the locals do, just not the foolish things.

I can understand his frustration.  The soccer field in front of our condo has been converted to a hotel, with half an acre of hot concrete for parking and the local yokels roll in around 2am, talking loudly, singing.     

Then around 5am, the farmer type emerge, chattering and talking loudly as they load their transport.

Yet another hotel is being built opposite, and the builders start preparations around 6am.   Time to give up.

No, I don't like to close the windows, so it's out with the ear plugs or head under the pillows!

Maybe an old-fashioned potato gun??   :saai:

Rarely hear of these air gun devices these days. I can remember in the 60s n 70s they could be bought at the local sports shops. The old .177 or .22. Pistols and rifles. I had a 177 rifle and a “Weber .22”, it had some power. We would knock off birds with them and even fire, stupidly as it was,  at each other. Those were the days but not anymore.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

...The wild west still alive and well in some countries.

As I recall when I came to Thailand in 1977, some locals spoke of slightly earlier days when guns were OK.  Like the wild west in the USA.  That must have been in between military governments. 

Here in the US where I am, things are not too wild.  I do have about 30 firearms, but am too lazy to shoot the sonsofbitches who deserve it.  That is why we pay taxes, as the cops are virtually immune to prosecution.

I just bought a cute little 20 gauge shotgun made in China.  Cheap and really well made.  It was made by a division of Norinco, who make all kinds of arms, missiles and whatnot.  Good stuff and cheap.

16 hours ago, InMyShadow said:
17 hours ago, fred110 said:
The bullets must come down somewhere, and can kill a person if it hits their head.

an air rifle pellet?

Yes, there have been children killed before with by being shot with an air rifle.

The weapon in his possession was identified as a GAMO air rifle which was seized by police along with two boxes of shot shells with a total of 25 shells inside.

Police also confirmed that Anthony had no licence for the weapon and will be charged for possession of an illegal firearm among other charges that are yet to be confirmed.

Thai logic at its best. 

What are the laws in Thailand like regarding airguns, by the way?

Yes, it's barely possible for a common bullet shot in the air to come down and kill someone, though it's more likely to maim. My son has a lead pellet in his leg from an old spring-operated air gun of his that was put away loaded and the thing went off.  Oops.  Doc said there was no need to dig it out.  That was some years ago.  I think this year he bought another 5 firearms or so.

Here in Richmond, Virginia (USA), there were a couple of recent shootings where some guys rode around on scooters and shot people with paintball guns.  One guy they shot really good in the face!  It was ugly. Don't just tag the guy in the gut, shoot for the face.  Holy crap!

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Does the sign indicate that it's OK to shoot pellets or whatever at anybody who steps on your lawn, take out someone's eye?

imageproxy.jpg.97ddcd85c97f835ea130d46b60017d93.jpg

I think it's meant to be a joke; prefer a double-barreled shotgun loaded with rock-salt myself:

564edd96042be6f9fc73febbed9129b177b0a073d0666421037341846bfad71d.jpg.1599e0f93c59ca8f9de33f910ac09de2.jpg

Addressing your point - a loud shout of "Run!" just before firing ensures the, hopefully now-fleeing, subject isn't hit in the eyes; of course, if he stands his ground you have a moral dilemma to resolve.

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

No only in the USA

Here in Richmond, Virginia (USA), there were a couple of recent shootings where some guys rode around on scooters and shot people with paintball guns.  One guy they shot really good in the face!  It was ugly. Don't just tag the guy in the gut, shoot for the face.  Holy crap!

Shoot for the face. That is what the bad behaved ones (always a Farang) do in Chaing Mai during Songkhran. Or shoot you straight in the ear while you walk by.

17 hours ago, ezzra said:

The answer to that is not OK 

My son and his friend were firing at targets in his garden from an attic room, missing the targets and some stray shots hit a window of a house.

They were met at thier door by an armed response team. Ended with suspended sentence.

Archived