British Man Arrested For Firing Air Rifle at Locals From 7th Floor of Condo

snoop1130

13 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

Shoot for the face. That is what the bad behaved ones (always a Farang) do in Chaing Mai during Songkhran. Or shoot you straight in the ear while you walk by.

30+ years ago you would get wet, but with permission and respect.  Or opt out. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

So I must be dreaming the other day when the Thai guy shot bullets in the air at the markets

it hurt no one so he got off Scott free  

There is no 'discrimination' here, is there? :whistling:

And I thought air rifles fired pellets? They did back in the day I had one. From a 7th floor would feel like getting hit with a piece of warm butter! :cheesy:

Silly Brit, a bad habit brought from his home country?

17 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

So I must be dreaming the other day when the Thai guy shot bullets in the air at the markets

it hurt no one so he got off Scott free  

They didn't want to appear biased by paying more attention to him than Scott? A logical explanation considering other precedents. 

2 hours ago, Tradewind777 said:

Rarely hear of these air gun devices these days. I can remember in the 60s n 70s they could be bought at the local sports shops. The old .177 or .22. Pistols and rifles. I had a 177 rifle and a “Weber .22”, it had some power. We would knock off birds with them and even fire, stupidly as it was,  at each other. Those were the days but not anymore.

i had a 22 weihrauch. didn't want to be a mammal near our house when i was a kid 555

powerful enough for rabbit shooting

31 minutes ago, slippery snake said:

So shooting in the air is ok ?? 

Guess his bullets went into outer space ..   bullets always come down somewhere and have been known to kill... 

Interesting. Reminds me of the psych finding that we are not RATIONAL animals, but RATIONALIZING animals.

17 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

Got that right! Its his country! The Brit will pay through the nose or he will end up in a slammer. That will teach him to behave when travelling abroad. Brits want to be treated like Thais. What a big laugh. :sleepy:

Whoa there, I'm British and I certainly don't want to be treated like a Thai. My thoughts about this case is that his was a stupid action and it will reflect on foreigners in general...not just the British.

RE - British Man Arrested For Firing Air Rifle at Locals From 7th Floor of Condo

It seems to be a kind of boring to stay in Pattaya over time...;)

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I see 2 people with faces obliterated,and 2 rifles, 

were there  2 shooters ?,he will put it down to

been bored !

regards worgeordie

After reading all these experts have their "guess" as to what the weapon was, air rifle, pellet gun, whatever, can't we just tattoo this man with a stupid stamp on his forehead and close the comments? You can buy a pellet gun easy enough, but an air rifle is something new to me. His troubles have just begun. Stupid is as stupid does.

Just now, Bigfarang1948 said:

After reading all these experts have their "guess" as to what the weapon was, air rifle, pellet gun, whatever, can't we just tattoo this man with a stupid stamp on his forehead and close the comments? You can buy a pellet gun easy enough, but an air rifle is something new to me. His troubles have just begun. Stupid is as stupid does.

As I understand it, air rifles are illegal in LOS...

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Given the poor state of police funding in the UK, an over stretched police force and leftist liberalism - its seems the police are unable to effectively initiate the law completely. So, no, sadly, he would very likely get away it or at most get a slap on the wrist.

What a load of nonsense. Police have never, and hopefully never will, initiate laws in the UK. That's the job of parliament. The police enforce those laws.

Go try firing an air rifle at houses in the UK and let us know who your theory stands up.

Any farang who buys any gun in Thailand is an utter lunatic and if he uses it then he is twice as big a lunatic and that does not matter what nationality he is.

It has been on TV that the law is no guns for farangs

2 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Any farang who buys any gun in Thailand is an utter lunatic and if he uses it then he is twice as big a lunatic and that does not matter what nationality he is.

It has been on TV that the law is no guns for farangs

not true. that law hasn't come into effect yet and i like to go shoot on the beach with my father in law. no harm done. cheaper than the shooting range. farangs can still have licences. no one has taken mine of me yet but i hear they will soon enough

and when they do they do we will still go shooting on the beach. 

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

So.. what? this half-wit, jackass, lunatic thought he can take shot pots

at people for his amusement and nothing will happen? can you do that

in the UK and all will be well?....

You cannot do that in UK if you are English no. But if he was a foreigner doing it in UK he would probably get away with it yes..

for those of you that are saying air guns are illegal or need a license. There are a lot of airsoft shops and fields in Thailand. I am fairly sure the max fps allowed at these fields is 400 fps. At least that is what I remember the field my soon plays at allows. 

Here is what I have found on the net that defines what is allowed.

"Paintball guns, BB guns and airsoft guns are not considered firearms, so it is legal to possess them without having a permit or registering them. However the owner must comply with the following conditions:

• The gun hasn’t been modified to use CO2.

• Only plastic bullets are used – no metal bullets or marbles may be fired.

• When carrying the gun outside of the owner’s property it must be packed in a safe case or box. It is not allowed to be carried in shirt or trouser pockets, nor can it be left out in the open.

• The gun can’t be used to commit a crime or torture animals.

The gun becomes illegal if any of these rules are broken."

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

not true. that law hasn't come into effect yet and i like to go shoot on the beach with my father in law. no harm done. cheaper than the shooting range. farangs can still have licences. no one has taken mine of me yet but i hear they will soon enough

and when they do they do we will still go shooting on the beach. 

...and if you get nabbed and charged, you can always crap all over Thailand, the police, discrimination... and of course get all the support  on these strings.

4 minutes ago, johnhw said:

...and if you get nabbed and charged, you can always crap all over Thailand, the police, discrimination... and of course get all the support  on these strings.

get nabbed by who. the family are the local government and police. we shoot on the beaches for sport mate. usually old coconuts and the houses nearby know when we go to shoot. no one is going to nab me mate

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

get nabbed by who. the family are the local government and police. we shoot on the beaches for sport mate. usually old coconuts and the houses nearby know when we go to shoot. no one is going to nab me mate

and crap all over thailand. what does that even mean mate. the whole post makes no sense to the post that i just informed that farangs are still legally allowed to own guns, which they are but not for long it seems. crap all over thailand? 555 no idea what you mean

Archived