British Man Arrested For Firing Air Rifle at Locals From 7th Floor of Condo

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I just bought a cute little 20 gauge shotgun made in China.

I had a single shot one and turned it into a shotgun pistol for my motorcycle for self defense on the road, a real throw away gun, cost about $75  - never had to shoot it at a person, had to kill an aggressive rattlesnake with it once.  He didn't like the motorcycle rumbling I guess, kept striking at it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bringing his nationality into it, in order to bash other Brits over this fool’s dangerous and imbecilic behaviour, is also imbecilic. Every country has its share of cretins, possibly some more than others, so there’s no need to try and gain the moral high ground over this story. The idiot is just another embarrassment to his country and deserves everything he gets from the authorities. 

22 hours ago, CNXBKKMAN said:

You have to a special kind of retard to fire an illegal air rifle, off your condo balcony, in full view of everyone and reportedly at other peoples homes. How can you not get arrested? Very stupid or enroute to Suan Prung for evaluation and help. 

nothing to do in the afternoon...a little bored...a bottle of whiskey.....just shoot your neighbour for a little spice in ur day

You would think him coming from a complete rubbish hole like the UK would thank his lucky stars to have escaped the rat wheel  to such a beautiful country like Thailand but no he's just bad to the bone and also tarring the rest of us to a certain extent with his loony black hearted carryon. 

shaking my head in disbelief.

2 minutes ago, alwaysrainsinUK said:

You would think him coming from a complete rubbish hole like the UK would thank his lucky stars to have escaped the rat wheel  to such a beautiful country like Thailand but no he's just bad to the bone and also tarring the rest of us to a certain extent with his loony black hearted carryon. 

shaking my head in disbelief.

Have a heart.  The heat was probably getting to him.  :wink:

4 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I had a single shot one and turned it into a shotgun pistol for my motorcycle for self defense on the road, a real throw away gun, cost about $75  - never had to shoot it at a person, had to kill an aggressive rattlesnake with it once.  He didn't like the motorcycle rumbling I guess, kept striking at it.

Did you not consider simply moving your motorcycle away from the snake? 

Looks like he had some buckshot shotgun shells with him too. The black gun looks a Gamo but can't see enough of the other one to identify it. Perhaps it is a shotgun to go with the shells but it looks more like another air rifle.  

Possession of unlicensed guns and ammo is not recommended but, if you do own some, it is best not to draw attention to yourself by taking pot shots off your balcony.

Air rifles or any gun capable of firing a metal projectile need licences in Thailand just like other firearms. Air soft or BB weapons that are not designed to fire metal projectiles do not but the new firearms act coming in soon will make it an offence to use them or fake guns in the course of a crime or to intimidate people.  The penalties will be the same as using a real gun to do same.  

It's amazing that he would have thought he could hit anything with an air rifle from the 7th floor.

What was the authorities' first clue that he was shooting? Air guns don't make that much noise, even close up, and nobody would have heard anything from the ground.

And keep in mind that the "two boxes of shot shells with a total of 25 shells inside" is probably as inaccurate as anything we see reported from CityLife. No doubt "shot shells" is a result of poor translation and lack of firearms knowledge.

Archived