Flawless catchup?

MJKT2014

Hi, I've tried Flawless Catchup with Kodi and Perfect Player on more than one 35mbps local internet provider in Thailand and always get buffer. Live streams work fine. Anyone else have this issue with catchup? If you ask them they just say it works ok.

Catchup repeats the programs several times I found that using the most current repeat seems to work better. When I say current repeat it’s not the last one on the list as they have a programming schedule days in advance, choose the one immediately scheduled before your current time. You need to factor in the time changes as well as I think catch up is UK time based on the schedule. So if it’s 8pm on a Sunday in Bangkok try playing the repeat episode listed immediately before 1pm Sunday on the list.

Also I have found a minute or 2 into the episode programming may stall. Just Wait a minute it so and it restarts and is good to go. 

22 hours ago, Caiman said:

Catch-up is only available from their Prague server and rarely works well for me in Thailand

Thanks for that info. Explains things. I only bother with Perfect Player these days as much easier to use than Kodi but have given up on catchup with them for time being, too frustrating. 

I've long since given up trying to make sense of IPTV here. All you see is some people having problems while other people saying it's fine no matter what provider/ISP combination.

Just to prove it: I was having problems on Flawless catch up on AIS fibre for a long time but a couple of weeks ago it started working well again. At the same time international connections generally got better.

Not expecting it to last though.

Sent from my ZX81 using a dial-up modem.

the problem you have is that it is not just the speed of the connection to the prague server but how ais throttles the connection,

AIS allow you to have reasonable speed for 1.5 minutes then it kills the connection to the prague server so it is practically dead, then after 30 seconds or so you have reasonable speed again.

I have found the best way is to use Vimu player as a external player with a 200mb cache, this has solved my issues and my reruns of Sweeney and Minder and Professionals work as I want. 

8 hours ago, skippy121 said:

I have found the best way is to use Vimu player as a external player with a 200mb cac

You use Vimu player to watch Flawless catchup?  I haven't seen this device mentioned on the Flawless support site unless I missed it.

I'm on TOT, 3BB and True, never tried AIS.

Over a long period of time I have noticed numerous Facebook posts from our region including Australia & NZ struggling to use the catch-up service and also noted that some have only recently started having problems. I'm on the Prague server for Live and can watch FHD but catch-up from their Prague server buffers excessively.

3 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

You use Vimu player to watch Flawless catchup?  I haven't seen this device mentioned on the Flawless support site unless I missed it.

I'm on TOT, 3BB and True, never tried AIS.

buy the vimu player, set it to 200mb cache, tell your app to use it as a external player

8 hours ago, skippy121 said:

buy the vimu player, set it to 200mb cache, tell your app to use it as a external player

It's only ฿110 on Google Play so not expensive and I guess you use it like an MX or VLC external player. Which primary app do you find gives the best experience with Vimu as I assume it can't be used in isolation for catch-up? Thanks

22 minutes ago, Caiman said:

It's only ฿110 on Google Play so not expensive and I guess you use it like an MX or VLC external player. Which primary app do you find gives the best experience with Vimu as I assume it can't be used in isolation for catch-up? Thanks

depends on who you bought your flawless sub from ?.

If you buy it direct from them then their own android app and tell it to use vimu as the player, 

also depends on what device you use as well,

I can tell you now, there is one guy that has a kodi add-on that has all the league tables and fixtures, you press on the fixture and it takes you to the channel,  I dont like it but I can see why others do.

Back to catchup , another way is to make the cache bigger on kodi and use that as a external player for the app.

1 hour ago, skippy121 said:

Back to catchup , another way is to make the cache bigger on kodi and use that as a external player for the app.

Ok, so if I just increase cache bigger on Kodi I can use Kodi to watch Flawless catchup using the addon, no need for any more apps. There doesn't appear to be an option in Perfect Player for this.

I tried it by updating the advancedsettings.xml in Kodi userdata and it seems to help.

10 hours ago, skippy121 said:

depends on who you bought your flawless sub from ?.

If you buy it direct from them then their own android app and tell it to use vimu as the player, 

also depends on what device you use as well,

I can tell you now, there is one guy that has a kodi add-on that has all the league tables and fixtures, you press on the fixture and it takes you to the channel,  I dont like it but I can see why others do.

Bought directly from Flawless and have their app but mainly use Perfect Player and Smart IPTV on the LG TV.

My boxes are Beelink GT1 Ultimate, Minix U1 and X8H Plus which isn't compatible with Vimu. 

I looked again at settings in STB Emu and there's an "infinite buffer" option under likj settings.

What ever app I use though including Kodi starts off poorly, tried pausing for a few minutes then it runs smoothly for a while and starts buffering again. Even went on a world tour with my VPN which occasionally improved things a little but would always end up buffering. 

1 hour ago, Caiman said:

Bought directly from Flawless and have their app but mainly use Perfect Player and Smart IPTV on the LG TV.

My boxes are Beelink GT1 Ultimate, Minix U1 and X8H Plus which isn't compatible with Vimu. 

I looked again at settings in STB Emu and there's an "infinite buffer" option under likj settings.

What ever app I use though including Kodi starts off poorly, tried pausing for a few minutes then it runs smoothly for a while and starts buffering again. Even went on a world tour with my VPN which occasionally improved things a little but would always end up buffering. 

vimu player works on any android box,

I use it on a zidoo , firestick and m8s

12 hours ago, Caiman said:

My boxes are Beelink GT1 Ultimate, Minix U1 and X8H Plus

I too have Flawless catch-up running on Kodi or PP using Beeline GT1Ult or IntelCorei7 PC with Kodi cache settings maxed out and in all cases catch-up is never a smooth ride unlike their live streams. Watch other catch up services like BBC iPlayer and never an issue. The Flawless server doesn't cut it for me.

47 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

I too have Flawless catch-up running on Kodi or PP using Beeline GT1Ult or IntelCorei7 PC with Kodi cache settings maxed out and in all cases catch-up is never a smooth ride unlike their live streams. Watch other catch up services like BBC iPlayer and never an issue. The Flawless server doesn't cut it for me.

Totally agree and I think in answer to the OP we have a majority consensus that Flawless catch-up is hard going and indeed frustrating. I also fall back to the iPlayer, ITV player and Channel 4 player which all work very well (channel 5 is useless). Getting slightly harder to find football highlights lately.

11 hours ago, skippy121 said:

vimu player works on any android box,

I use it on a zidoo , firestick and m8s

No option to install Vimu on Minix X8 H-Plus from the Play store unless it is side loadable from apk mirror, haven't checked the U1 yet.

Archived