What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

21 hours ago, taninthai said:

Finally got the new clutch/upgrade in .....the clutch didn’t actually look that worn ,but I found out what the grinding noise was and why it wouldn’t roll backwards when in first gear with clutch in.

the 5 bolts holding the springs and clutch basket in were completely loose could just unwind them by hand and had been grinding into the internal casing,as I was removing all the casing bolts they wasn’t super tight either and I was thinking someone has opened this up before..lol.,,,just another reason why I try not to let other people work on my bikes.

Anyway all went back together smoothly and clutch feels a lot better,thanks for all info posted on other threads regarding part numbers etc etc.

check out the grinder casing and shards of metal to inside.

last picture is the notorious judder springs chucked in the bin and not replaced.

1E900B2E-0B16-4378-AA00-A729AD1E2765.jpeg

6BAA3EF8-2F5A-4644-93A3-6C6C42E24020.jpeg

C0FBC256-53CF-4648-ABDD-282FCD1143BE.jpeg

4290F322-211B-4231-A5CB-58B69C0A362B.jpeg

A lot of Thai mechanics never heard of a torque wrench.

25 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Sweet... where is the locking stand?

The plan is to winch the bike up using the ridge structure and put a table underneath. We are a bit pushed for space, only 2.2m x 5m inside, so going to put Shadow in first and see what is best.

Our land is just a tad smaller than Guzzi's, so I am stuck with that, maybe dieting might help me?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rhys said:

Allan B.. what is your opinion of the CB 500 X?

If I weren't so shit scared of highway riding it is a bike I would probably choose, seems to me very good value for money and about the right number of horses for Thailand.

I have gone down the dirt bike route as a result.

My shed was done on a bit of a budget, due to my many other commitments, I have two B240 shop soiled bog doors....Remote control was a not top priority....food for thought though.

...Remote controlled bog doors......surprise surprise! 

Edited by AllanB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AllanB said:

If I weren't so shit scared of highway riding it is a bike I would probably choose, seems to me very good value for money and about the right number of horses for Thailand.

I have gone down the dirt bike route as a result.

My shed was done on a bit of a budget, due to my many other commitments, I have two B240 shop soiled bog doors....Remote control was a not top priority....food for thought though.

...Remote controlled bog doors......surprise surprise! 

post-7852-0-53018800-1467734027_thumb.jpg  Happy Holidays ... on the pegs, do it in the dirt... Cheers mate...Safe rides.. always...

Done over 1000 km on the CRF since back from work. Time for a check over ...

Washed, up on the lift. Check every bolt, nut, panel, grommet - nothing loose, missing.

Nothing needs attention.

Closed cell foam stopped the resonance caused by the new skid plate. Crash bars great for longer rides as can use a hiway pegs or stretch the legs out.

Bar risers allow leaning back against the bag on passenger seat.

Vibration nil - slight tingle in the grips, but still running stockers which are a tad hard.

Street fender still moves more than I like, but looks 1000 times better and can modify if and when ...

Off to Nan province for a few days after dentist. Then MHS via elephant trail, on to Umphang.

Very pleased with the purchase, does everything I want. More power would be nice, as always with every bike ...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Done over 1000 km on the CRF since back from work. Time for a check over ...

Washed, up on the lift. Check every bolt, nut, panel, grommet - nothing loose, missing.

Nothing needs attention.

Closed cell foam stopped the resonance caused by the new skid plate. Crash bars great for longer rides as can use a hiway pegs or stretch the legs out.

Bar risers allow leaning back against the bag on passenger seat.

Vibration nil - slight tingle in the grips, but still running stockers which are a tad hard.

Street fender still moves more than I like, but looks 1000 times better and can modify if and when ...

Off to Nan province for a few days after dentist. Then MHS via elephant trail, on to Umphang.

Very pleased with the purchase, does everything I want. More power would be nice, as always with every bike ...

Got any pictures of those crash bars? 

1 hour ago, Ro54 said:

Finally got crashbars and headlight grille...been on a tour from Phuket to Hua Hin with the wife riding pillion...would really like a better saddle..... A local guy put some cm additional foam in, but don't help at all.....tips appreciated! And, merry Christmas y'all!LRM_EXPORT_20171206_181108.jpg

Sent fra min PLK-L01 via Tapatalk

Is that a CB 500 X?   Sweet ride..