What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

9 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I'm looking for foam covers. Tried two bike shops already. They are out there somewhere as I have at least two sets in storage. Just need to find the right shop.????

Yeah seen em in CM so Bkk must have them to.

13 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I'm looking for foam covers. Tried two bike shops already. They are out there somewhere as I have at least two sets in storage. Just need to find the right shop.????

I had these on my versys ,,,only lasted 1 trip I would say most foam ones be similiar once they get wet they start falling apart especially the throttle side.B950A045-5739-404A-AA5F-9F584824485B.thumb.png.f43352d4e1685c3590ae8a601b6401d4.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

^ Used them for a longtime both here and Indonesia. My vespa had good ones but not sure they would look right on a bike.  

th?id=OIP.ToZxQh7Yb_6xfgaoGDmZ-wHaHa%26p

Just don't like the miniscule ones fitted as standard.

Wear some good leather m/c gloves .

Got the rad hose through today from Japan that I hoped I could fix my bike with, hose here in Thailand I couldn't get and the one I did get was expanding like a balloon. 

The rad hose part for my bike is no longer available, thank's Honda. 

The new radiator I bought which again is no longer available ( thanks Honda ) was copied wrong by the Chinese supplier ( I would say at no fault of their own just lack of the detailed part)  but it's a nicely made piece of kit and I can improvise.

So down again to keeping a bike that's a classic bike in the west but only considered rubbish in Thailand alive and well. ????

Pictures on way.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Did you find getting all the parts OK. 

I want to order valve cam shims for my Honda next year. 

If you go onto the Fowlers online parts page and look up your bike it tells you if the parts are still available...

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/manufacturer/honda

I've seen you mention that yours is a 1993...not sure which country it was from so I used the UK one...

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/4852824/cbr900rrp-1993-e/camshaftvalve

For some reason it only lists the 2.800 shim...but if you click on it it tells you which other models use that shim

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/14965KT7013

At the bottom of that page it lists the Honda, CB1000RA, 2018, Thailand, CANDY CHROMOSPHERE RED

And if you follow that link you get a list of all the shims

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/6573720/cb1000ra/camshaftvalve

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

If you go onto the Fowlers online parts page and look up your bike it tells you if the parts are still available...

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/manufacturer/honda

I've seen you mention that yours is a 1993...not sure which country it was from so I used the UK one...

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/4852824/cbr900rrp-1993-e/camshaftvalve

For some reason it only lists the 2.800 shim...but if you click on it it tells you which other models use that shim

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/14965KT7013

At the bottom of that page it lists the Honda, CB1000RA, 2018, Thailand, CANDY CHROMOSPHERE RED

And if you follow that link you get a list of all the shims

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/6573720/cb1000ra/camshaftvalve

Thanks for that I'll keep them on record, I have bought quite few parts from UK.

I guess I should had made it clear I was looking for a Thailand supplier but I expect they order in Fromm abroad as well. 

I'll probably end up getting valve cam shims from Japan via Megazip. 

Thanks for help. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Got the rad hose through today from Japan that I hoped I could fix my bike with, hose here in Thailand I couldn't get and the one I did get was expanding like a balloon. 

The rad hose part for my bike is no longer available, thank's Honda. 

The new radiator I bought which again is no longer available ( thanks Honda ) was copied wrong by the Chinese supplier ( I would say at no fault of their own just lack of the detailed part)  but it's a nicely made piece of kit and I can improvise.

So down again to keeping a bike that's a classic bike in the west but only considered rubbish in Thailand alive and well. ????

Pictures on way.

IMG_20201130_110805.thumb.jpg.5fe1f47ad99b7c1f8e5e17990236bc8b.jpg

IMG_20201130_111222.thumb.jpg.6f29f5a691d9bfb95657ce06c3efbd63.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I want to order valve cam shims for my Honda next year. 

Measure the  outside diameter of your existing shims then either order from Honda or online

I got some 7.45mm  OD  x 1.85 and 2.00 mm  from the local Honda Big Wing dealer  and used them in my Suzuki 150.

IMG_0975.thumb.JPG.7ff8e0cda84800c4e2b6f9425fe062f5.JPG

Of course you also need to measure the clearance you have and  what it should be then the "fun" with the  charts begins !

1007313171_exhaustvalveshim.thumb.jpg.5d0c99f06e37445056e6fd9f2d9890aa.jpg717236437_intakevlaveshim.thumb.jpg.a51ac40ae7af544907281c054344e18e.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, johng said:

Measure the  outside diameter of your existing shims then either order from Honda or online

I got some 7.45mm  OD  x 1.85 and 2.00 mm  from the local Honda Big Wing dealer  and used them in my Suzuki 150.

IMG_0975.thumb.JPG.7ff8e0cda84800c4e2b6f9425fe062f5.JPG

Of course you also need to measure the clearance you have and  what it should be then the "fun" with the  charts begins !

1007313171_exhaustvalveshim.thumb.jpg.5d0c99f06e37445056e6fd9f2d9890aa.jpg717236437_intakevlaveshim.thumb.jpg.a51ac40ae7af544907281c054344e18e.jpg

Thanks I've done shims in UK many times on mates bikes but Thailand for getting big bike parts is difficult unless it's a fairly late bike. 

My nearest Honda big wing in Phitsanulok is as useful as a fart in a spacesuit. 

When I get around to do the shims I take one and see if they have the same size thanks for your help. ????

Edited by Kwasaki

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks I've done shims in UK many times on mates bikes but Thailand for getting big bike parts is difficult unless it's a fairly late bike. 

That's what I was getting at, it seems your shims are the same as a Honda, CB1000RA, 2018, Thailand,

37 minutes ago, Neilly said:

That's what I was getting at, it seems your shims are the same as a Honda, CB1000RA, 2018, Thailand,

Yeah thanks so much for the info, I can order from Honda big wing.

I was just thinking why should cam valve shims be so different.

8 hours ago, BBJ said:

Once again I got my back back from repair only to find they had done a terrible job.  After my accident I was in no fit state to repair myself.  

To cut a long story short.  Forks bent, clips on fairing snapped,  spacers on crashbars wrong side, front frame cowling frame bolts missing causing the noise to bounce resulting in broken fairing mounts.  Throttle boy bolts missing, throttle body tubes mounted incorrectly and not sealed.  Various other fixings missing.  So after I had the front forks replaces and upgraded by BDS performance I repaired the lot myself.  And while not due yet, gave it a valve inspection.

So while I didn't do this today as it took a couple excluding waiting for parts.  I did look at it and pat myself on the back a moment ago.

6.jpg

2.jpg

Met a Russian guy in my pub restaurant today he had a AT1000 2020 model.

He was riding places as his nightclub in the south has to be kept shut because of C19.

The bike looked great.

128552898_400451964435535_4023748659227951080_n.jpg.43a07a7541b95d1fa4c6b6550487f5b2.jpg

• Like 2

Rode bike yesterday noticed momentary clutch slip under rapid acceleration.

Bade CBR forum mixed views, the consensus is full synthetic oil is is too good for my bike. ????

At least it will be a cheaper oil change next time. ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was time. After receiving the wrong part twice, I finally found a handlebar that fits with OEM cables and wiring. 

It's from a Triumph T 140, the US model. 

Should anybody be looking for a 27 cm tall Mini Ape handlebar, I've got two brand new ones that I'm selling for under 1,000 baht. 

New handlebar looks nice and it's great.jpg

• Like 2