What Did You Do to Your Bike Today ?

canthai55

Replaced the battery on the CRF, it's been running on a PCX battery since April 2017...it just shat itself one day when we were up in the hills and the PCX one sort-of fitted...I'm surprised it's lasted this long TBH

Stranded in 2017...

20170414_120515 (Medium).jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Replaced the battery on the CRF, it's been running on a PCX battery since April 2017...it just shat itself one day when we were up in the hills and the PCX one sort-of fitted...I'm surprised it's lasted this long TBH

Stranded in 2017...

I 've just bought a " Chang gel battery 12v 5amp " for a Wave the Wave l've been fixing up.

I will see how it gets on because it only cost 195 baht at Shopee, looks as good as any dearer batteries.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I 've just bought a " Chang gel battery 12v 5amp " for a Wave the Wave l've been fixing up.

I will see how it gets on because it only cost 195 baht at Shopee, looks as good as any dearer batteries.

I got one of those for the daughters Wave off Lazada a couple of months ago, yep dirt cheap, and so far has held it's charge no problem at all.

On 5/7/2021 at 11:57 AM, Kwasaki said:

Was you happy with the result I always got a bit upset seeing my bikes go away. ????

Fact is, I actually felt a little sad there for a minute but I don't get too attached with things and toys. 

And I think it's time for me to try a diff toy again. 

180778313_4297021376997429_7254763387284647675_n.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

I got one of those for the daughters Wave off Lazada a couple of months ago, yep dirt cheap, and so far has held it's charge no problem at all.

I thought the price was a mistake but I wanted a battery anyway so went ahead and bought it COD and of the delivery guy said 800 I would of still bought it. 

Showing up just over 16 v on the multimeter. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, alx123 said:

Fact is, I actually felt a little sad there for a minute but I don't get too attached with things and toys. 

And I think it's time for me to try a diff toy again. 

180778313_4297021376997429_7254763387284647675_n.jpg

Nice one enjoy your ride. 

Ride to live. K

Not a bike, but I had to replace a 30cm long flexible fuel line hose on my 1998 Toyota pickup here in the U.S.  And did I ever get hosed - $96. US for the frikkin hose!  No one else had it but Toyota. Had to unbolt and tilt the bed up to get at it.  Thai bro-in-law did the work.  Old one cracked at one end and spewed fuel all over.

image.png.b327c2cfbfd30c9f6c479d08ec7c057f.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Damrongsak said:

Not a bike, but I had to replace a 30cm long flexible fuel line hose on my 1998 Toyota pickup here in the U.S.  And did I ever get hosed - $96. US for the frikkin hose!  No one else had it but Toyota. Had to unbolt and tilt the bed up to get at it.  Thai bro-in-law did the work.  Old one cracked at one end and spewed fuel all over.

image.png.b327c2cfbfd30c9f6c479d08ec7c057f.png

Next time take the hose to a shop that makes hydraulic hoses. They can match the ends up and make you a new one. My guess $20

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Next time take the hose to a shop that makes hydraulic hoses. They can match the ends up and make you a new one. My guess $20

Probably should have. I was just concerned about the gasohol and durability. 

The old (14 year old) round tax disk  just like we used to have back in the UK..

of course now over there (UK) they don't even issue a disc at all,  everything is done online and enforced by the vast array of spy cameras  they even have  enforcement vehicles driving around the back streets with  number plate recognition  catching any vehicle parked up on a public road ????????

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, johng said:

The old (14 year old) round tax disk  just like we used to have back in the UK..

of course now over there (UK) they don't even issue a disc at all,  everything is done online and enforced by the vast array of spy cameras  they even have  enforcement vehicles driving around the back streets with  number plate recognition  catching any vehicle parked up on a public road ????????

Forged flip up number plate no good these days. ????

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Forged flip up number plate no good these days. ????

I would imagine they would draw even more closer inspection  probably even  remove the vehicle to a  police pound ????

not that I have any experience in this mater of course ????

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, johng said:

I would imagine they would draw even more closer inspection  probably even  remove the vehicle to a  police pound ????

not that I have any experience in this mater of course ????

I don't believe you. ????????????

• Haha 2

Since they split things up here put this in the wrong  place on a thread 'Motorbikes' in travel something or other. Fat fingers typo. 

Anyway blinged up Wave, hate the riding position so I  ride with feet on back pegs the same way I ride my Airblade. 

Fitted new frame rear nearside foot peg holder.

New decals.

IMG_20210516_121421.thumb.jpg.a22b2f6e1e0a426faa24337d4246a678.jpg

I changed my headlight bulb to LED, it's now brighter and unlike the halogen bulb the LED doesn't get that hot..

What bulb did you use. Although I don't really want to remove all the plastic, again

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2021 at 10:43 PM, Neilly said:

This is what it looked like when I bought it...

20201014_130331 (Medium).jpg

Got fed up seeing it looking like that in the garage...so now it looks like this...

IMG-20210428-WA0003 (2).jpeg

Nice rims.

Re-learned the old lesson in troubleshooting - KISS (keep it simple stupid)

Filled up the Forza tires, off to town. About halfway there it felt like the bike developed a hinge between the front and rear wheels.

Pulled over, onto centre stand, remove calipers, check wheel bearings. All OK.

WT-F could it be ?

Noticed the rear tire seemed a bit scuffed - Flat ? No, but low on air. But I just checked it !!!

Seems like the Schraer valve worked itself loose, and was causing an air leak.

So all the kafluffle was for nought - FF-S !

Edited by canthai55
  • Haha 2