Van crash leaves one teacher dead, 8 others injured in Saraburi

rooster59

Van crash leaves one teacher dead, 8 others injured in Saraburi 

vannew2.jpg

A school teacher was killed and eight others were injured in a van crash on the Phahonyothin road in Nong Khae district of Saraburi late last night (Nov 24).

Highway and local police said the fatal crash happened shortly before midnight near kilometre marker 80 of the highway to Saraburi town.

The van bearing Chaiyaphum province licence plate was taking a group of about 10 teachers of Ban Khwao Wittayayon school back home in Chaiyaphum after a sightseeing trip in Bangkok.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/van-crash-leaves-one-teacher-dead-8-others-injured-saraburi/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-11-25

yet another truck turning as well, definitely worth a mention, can Thai drivers see the back of trucks? also as I have said before I often see trucks turning without using indicators, or indicator lights and brake lights not working. One thing to remember a speeding van cannot be tailgating a turning truck

Until the police go after the owners of these Van companies nothing will be done. The owners force the drivers to speed; ignore all laws; and come back as quick as possible so the driver can take another trip. The owners refuse to hire enough drivers; refuse to limit the number of passengers and refuse to put speed governors on these vehicles. Pure greed.

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

It's so sad that we hear of these deaths on a daily basis, yet nothing ever seems to be done about things.

A tragedy for all involved, and deepest sympathy to the relatives and friends of the deceased. 

Don't worry, you didn't read the news ? The country boss said that he is fixing the problem :-)

As he fixed all the other country problems :-)

14 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

A slight correction... van DRIVERS are the most dangerous on the road !

Sorry hotchilli the most dangerous drivers on the roads here are Thai's. It does not matter if it is vans, cars, trucks, buses or motorbikes they just do not care about the road rules and they do not care about life because 1/3 say the if you die in a road accident it is fate.

Wake up Thailand life is precious and should not be thrown away like a commodity that you buy at Big C or Tesco Lotus

Another van! Another life lost. My condolences. The van must have been going fast to have caused that damage and surely headlights would have revealed another vehicle in front. The visible white solid line in the picture would suggest the big truck being in the far left lane so the van must have been in that lane too. Why? Was the driver of the van going to turn left too?

2 hours ago, johnarth said:

yet another truck turning as well, definitely worth a mention, can Thai drivers see the back of trucks? also as I have said before I often see trucks turning without using indicators, or indicator lights and brake lights not working. One thing to remember a speeding van cannot be tailgating a turning truck

The van did not run into the back of the turning truck. If you have a look at the picture of the truck it is a semi with a single container and it has turned across the path of the van and the van has hit the front left side of the trailer and the front corner of the container. This is a large semi so he would not be able to do an abrupt turn like the police say. The van driver would have seen the trucks headlights before it turned, but that is still no excuse for the truck turning across the path of the van. It is a case of typical Thai driving, I am going through and you can sort yourself out because I don't care about you.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Police said they are investigating if it was the fault of the truck driver for making abrupt turn causing the accident.

OMG! That is a telling description of the RTP's lack of intelligence in assuming it was the fault of the truck driver and not the fault of the van driver who was probably travelling to close to be able to avoid the crash.

1 minute ago, lvr181 said:

OMG! That is a telling description of the RTP's lack of intelligence in assuming it was the fault of the truck driver and not the fault of the van driver who was probably travelling to close to be able to avoid the crash.

No, the van was not traveling in the same direction as the truck. The van did not run into the back it ran into the left hand side of the trailer just in front of the middle of the trailer

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

No, the van was not traveling in the same direction as the truck. The van did not run into the back it ran into the left hand side of the trailer just in front of the middle of the trailer

My hand is smacked in this instance.

2 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

My hand is smacked in this instance.

No it's not mate. 16 years with the Central Coast Volunteer Rescue Squad in North of Sydney, Australia helps, you pick up a few things from working with the police accident investigation squad

Unfortunately these types of accidents are going to continue to happen on a regular basis simple because the government and not only this government but all the previous governments have allowed the police to be slack and corrupt and not enforce the laws properly that this type of driving is now instilled into the Thai culture and it is a case that son says dad drives and acts like this so will I and it is that attitude that must be changed before there will be any improvement in the driving in Thailand

Archived