Pattaya Maternity Delivery Cost

Davai

Hello 

We are Russians mid 30s in Thailand on a Tourist Visa .

We would like to know what is the cost of Normal delivery in Pattaya? 

We are looking for the cheapest delivery option and also does anyone knows what is the cost for Ultrasound fee now? 

My wife is 5 month pregnant and we decide to deliver our baby in Thailand. 

Reason I'm asking I can't find any uptodate prices and fees most of I can find are mostly back dated 

Thank you for informations

If you are looking for the cheapest option in the Pattaya area you will have to consider Banglamung Public Hospital (Naklua) or Queen Sirikit Hospital (near u-tapao).

You may have to visit and ask about prices as there is very little information online. Language could be a problem.

I don't have any recent information - my wife's daughter had her baby at Banglamung about 5 years ago. The maternity unit there is in a new building, clean, efficient and nice staff (but very little English spoken - so I assume zero Russian).

If I recall correctly, she paid about 20,000 Baht for a package which included regular pre-natal examinations, doctor's attendance at the birth (natural birth - C section or complications would have been extra), 2 days in hospital, and a few post-natal checks. She also paid extra up front for ambulance service.

Of course, price for a foreigner may be more.

In the event, she didn't need the ambulance as my wife and I were with her when she started labour, so we got her to the hospital quickly. Also the labour was so short that the baby arrived well before the doctor - so he wasn't needed.

The doctor had a clinic on Pattaya Klang road, below Big C Extra and on the opposite side, but I'm not sure if the clinic is still there.

I expect there are a few of these clinics in the area, but I don't know where they are - maybe the hospital will recommend one for you.

Best wishes to you both. I hope everything goes well.

We used Pattaya Memorial. My wife had a Cesaerian and it cost around 60,000 baht (3 nights inpatient). Had she given birth naturally it would have cost around 45,000. This was in 2015. They have Russian speaking staff. We had no complaints.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 26/11/2017 at 10:19 AM, BWPattaya said:

I am wondering how she will have the baby in Thailand. She has another four months to go and you are on tourist visas.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hello What do you mean is it problem with tourist visa, ? we do visa run to Camodia and we fly to Malaysia or Indonesia for holiday in between

On 11/25/2017 at 10:31 PM, chickenslegs said:

If you are looking for the cheapest option in the Pattaya area you will have to consider Banglamung Public Hospital (Naklua) or Queen Sirikit Hospital (near u-tapao).

You may have to visit and ask about prices as there is very little information online. Language could be a problem.

I don't have any recent information - my wife's daughter had her baby at Banglamung about 5 years ago. The maternity unit there is in a new building, clean, efficient and nice staff (but very little English spoken - so I assume zero Russian).

If I recall correctly, she paid about 20,000 Baht for a package which included regular pre-natal examinations, doctor's attendance at the birth (natural birth - C section or complications would have been extra), 2 days in hospital, and a few post-natal checks. She also paid extra up front for ambulance service.

Of course, price for a foreigner may be more.

In the event, she didn't need the ambulance as my wife and I were with her when she started labour, so we got her to the hospital quickly. Also the labour was so short that the baby arrived well before the doctor - so he wasn't needed.

The doctor had a clinic on Pattaya Klang road, below Big C Extra and on the opposite side, but I'm not sure if the clinic is still there.

I expect there are a few of these clinics in the area, but I don't know where they are - maybe the hospital will recommend one for you.

Best wishes to you both. I hope everything goes well.

if you don't want to spend much, i suggest as well to go to the clinic on Pattaya Klang for all the pre natal chuk up. It is still there, and the doctor work in Banglaumng Hospital, so he can advise you.

3 hours ago, marino28 said:

if you don't want to spend much, i suggest as well to go to the clinic on Pattaya Klang for all the pre natal chuk up. It is still there, and the doctor work in Banglaumng Hospital, so he can advise you.

Interesting I have heard about this clinic at Pattaya Klang but I have not got the address or name of the clinic perhaps u can assist us with the name of clinic and address? 

Is this a maternity clinic or GP clinic? 

10 hours ago, Davai said:

Hello What do you mean is it problem with tourist visa, ? we do visa run to Camodia and we fly to Malaysia or Indonesia for holiday in between

Note that AirAsia are quite strict on the extra paperwork for pregnant passengers in their 2nd and especially 3rd trimester. They will need either the medical record or a letter from your obstetrician to confirm what trimester and complete and sign an insurance waiver (downloadable from their website) to submit at check-in. They may have the blank forms available at check-in but that isn't guaranteed at all airports and either way, it takes considerable time at the check-in. Thai Airways are less strict but may still need proof and a waiver to be signed, etc.. Mrs Nan has no experience with other airlines.

19 hours ago, marino28 said:

Do you know the name of the clinic and the exact location?

14 hours ago, Davai said:

Do u know the charges? 

No, I would contact the Russian embassy and seek guidance. A foreigner with a Thai wife has options but a Russian couple may have hurdles. Bangkok Pattaya Hospital has a foreign desk and treats many Russian patients so perhaps they can advise. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-11-28 at 3:29 AM, Harryj09 said:

It's basically facing big c.I have used this doctor for both my children my son 9 years ago and my daughter 2 months ago.

The only doctor I can find around there is BC Life Clinic, which seems to cater for plastic surgery. Is it the same doctor?

• 5 weeks later...

Report from Banglamung Hospital 

Fresh new Registration is only every Monday 

Delivery Cost 

C-Section : From THB 20k to 30k

Normal Delivery : From THB 5k to 15k 

All depends if any complications

This is quote for us, both me and my wife are holding foreign passport 

People there can speak English but it's better to bring thai person on day of registration if you have a Thai friend 

I have a Russian friend who gave birth at Banglamung it cost her THB 10k and she gave the doctor extra THB 5k token for appreciation 

Doctor and nurses happy their follow up they don't need to wait for Q number she can direct meet doctor any time VIP service 

My wife is due end of February 

On 1/5/2018 at 11:29 AM, Davai said:

Report from Banglamung Hospital 

Fresh new Registration is only every Monday 

Delivery Cost 

C-Section : From THB 20k to 30k

Normal Delivery : From THB 5k to 15k 

All depends if any complications

This is quote for us, both me and my wife are holding foreign passport 

People there can speak English but it's better to bring thai person on day of registration if you have a Thai friend 

I have a Russian friend who gave birth at Banglamung it cost her THB 10k and she gave the doctor extra THB 5k token for appreciation 

Doctor and nurses happy their follow up they don't need to wait for Q number she can direct meet doctor any time VIP service 

My wife is due end of February 

Did you check the prices at any other places?  It would be interesting to have a comparative chart for all the local hospitals packages , including private.

There is Russian lady working at Pattaya Memorial Hospital. Most Russians go there, she can help you and give you advice. I do not know her name but just drop by and ask for Russian lady.

I think Banglamung should be the cheapest,  we found this hospital on a Russian Thailand forum and many good reviews from fellow Russians on the prices 

Most of the Russians that goes to banglamung is the one that have been living in pattaya for more than 6 month 

• 2 months later...
Update 

My wife just gave birth at Bang Lamung Hospital Natural birth 

Total cost THB 10,700 
Including 3 Night Stay 

:)
Congratulations boy or girl?

And a good price for 3 days if you ask me that's the same as some top hotels in Pattaya what was the food like lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, juice777 said:

Congratulations boy or girl?

And a good price for 3 days if you ask me that's the same as some top hotels in Pattaya what was the food like lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hello thank you it's a girl 

Everything is good at the hospital all the nurses and doctor speaks English don't need for any Translation service they do not have this so no problem for English 

The food,  it's always Rice,  chicken soon and veggies,  but I had food cook from home and bring it over to the hospital daily :)

As for fruits there is a seller that comes to the Ward and sell them by packets 20 baht each 

We don't really need fancy hospitals lol,  as for birth certificate the hospital will do it foor you just need to collect at Pattaya city hall with a receipt given by the hospital at a specific date ,  just need both passport of parents translated to thai which cost 1000 baht for both passports and child name with thaii translation 

Archived