What happened to Subway's salami / pepperoni sandwiches??

ricku

Seriously. Every single Subway restaurant in Bangkok has stopped serving Italian B.M.T and Spicy Italian sandwiches.. What happened? Is there some kind of nation wide pepperoni shortage, or are these toppings not popular enough in Thailand?

Believe me not? Have a look online. (Food Panda e.t.c.)

P.S. This is obviously not a big deal, but it made me curious..

I went to the Subway in the All Seasons on Wireless road back in October when I went on my yearly trip to the US Embassy.  I ordered a BMT and she said "No hab salami".  I thought that  they were just out.  So I went in TOPS Market next door and bought a pack of Salami, went back and handed it to her and told her the she now  "hab" salami.  She made me one and put the un-used in a bag and off I went.  I didn't realized the there was a salami shortage as the now so called "BMT" is Subway's signature sandwich.

I went to a subway yesterday and they had a notice on their counter saying that they are experiencing difficulties sticking certain ingredients and are working with their suppliers to get them back asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, hathairat2711 said:

Where in Thailand can you purchase the Italian bread rolls they use in Subway?

They use to bake their own so I don't think that you can buy them anywhere except directly from them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Its a different market here and different rules.

I am sure there is a reason why they do not have. Either it doesnt sell well here or some sort of pricing issues or import issues....but there is a reason they don't have it ;)

• 6 months later...

I making my yearly trip to the US Embassy in Bangkok next week.  I normally park at All Seasons and on the way out get a BMT at Subway.  Have they fixed the "NO HAB" BMT problem or are they still not available?  Last year I went in Big C and bought a pack of salami and had them make me one with salami and ham since I didn't have any pepperoni!

Archived