Best fastest Android TV Box - Fully Supported in Pattaya

Banana7

9 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

What do you mean by supported?

You should go to the A/V forum here fox box recommendations.

Supported means when the box stops working, or slows down, the guy I bought it from should know how to fix the problem and fix it promptly, like next day.

Lots of boxes for sale, but no quick after sales support. It works on day one, then a month later, half the channels no longer work, or the box keeps crashing, or automatically restarts, or it takes 10 min. to start, etc.etc.

1 hour ago, Banana7 said:

Supported means when the box stops working, or slows down, the guy I bought it from should know how to fix the problem and fix it promptly, like next day.

Lots of boxes for sale, but no quick after sales support. It works on day one, then a month later, half the channels no longer work, or the box keeps crashing, or automatically restarts, or it takes 10 min. to start, etc.etc.

Are you talking hardware or software issues? If the latter, it's going to cost a lot for that kind of support. I'm assuming you are referring to something like Kodi?

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

Are you talking hardware or software issues? If the latter, it's going to cost a lot for that kind of support. I'm assuming you are referring to something like Kodi?

Could be firmware, or Kodi, or a mix or side loads or whatever, I don't always understand why my friend's boxes stop working. I'd just like to minimize the issues. I heard  guy at Tukcom will reload a box < 500b.

9 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Could be firmware, or Kodi, or a mix or side loads or whatever, I don't always understand why my friend's boxes stop working. I'd just like to minimize the issues. I heard  guy at Tukcom will reload a box < 500b.

MXQ box 1900 b.    It can have issues because you need to update it from time to time.

Update should be 100 b, not 500.

But you can do updates yourself on You tube can explain.

Buy and update at Tukcom or buy the box online.

sounds like you want an all singing all dancing turn key system, wanting kodi or another type of iptv already installed.

explain what you want to do with the box and maybe someone can help. a box will work straight out the box, but other than making a dumb tv smart, it won't do a lot more, you will need to add apps just like a smart phone,

have a look at fwiptv, will work out the box, with a tv remote feel, for a monthly/yearly fee

10 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Paying 1900B for a box won't get you much support. It's relatively easy to support these things yourself. Again, most of this is covered in the AV forum.

Another option might be to get the box from ToT, or some company like that?

There is a Guy in Tukom that sell Minix boxes, loaded up and will reload etc. Minix boxes are not 2,000 baht cheapies, probably around 6,000 with a qwerty remote and loaded up. I cant recall what floor but its left off the escalator.

Also the Minix boxes have factory support, regular software updates, their own Kodi (XBMC) release that they update and tech support via email. I had problems with a SW update and emailed them, next day they sent back a how to guide.

I think your barking up the wrong tree with Kodi, they can literally go down with a minutes notice. If you want reliability look for somebody who providing IPTV subscriptions probably cost you about 500 baht a month but most of them will have email support.

In terms of the box any one that has decent processor S805x or S912 processor, 16gb storage and 3-4gb RAM will be sufficent. Probably cost you 2-3k and you can then load the IPTV app from playstore and once you find a service and signup the person will give you a link for you to type in the app.

2 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

I think your barking up the wrong tree with Kodi, they can literally go down with a minutes notice. If you want reliability look for somebody who providing IPTV subscriptions probably cost you about 500 baht a month but most of them will have email support.

In terms of the box any one that has decent processor S805x or S912 processor, 16gb storage and 3-4gb RAM will be sufficent. Probably cost you 2-3k and you can then load the IPTV app from playstore and once you find a service and signup the person will give you a link for you to type in the app.

Many iptv vendors have gone belly up. In my friends case, he's got a lousy box that can't be upgraded. He's buying a Minix box now for use with kodi.

Relatively easy to fix issues with kodi.

2 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

Many iptv vendors have gone belly up. In my friends case, he's got a lousy box that can't be upgraded. He's buying a Minix box now for use with kodi.

Relatively easy to fix issues with kodi.

I think the best way is to buy your own that way you can upgrade yourself, people who sell boxes usually sell low spec chinese makes to maximize profits.

Ontop of that one thing to note is that in order to have HD Netflix the box needs to be Google certified (not sure of exact certification) but I know Nvida, Xiaomi will give you HD Netflix.

I would

Buy a decent spec box

Load on IPTV app

Find a supplier happy days.

Kodi is juts a minefield of crap. You get what you pay for!!

30 minutes ago, 2008bangkok said:

I think the best way is to buy your own that way you can upgrade yourself, people who sell boxes usually sell low spec chinese makes to maximize profits.

Ontop of that one thing to note is that in order to have HD Netflix the box needs to be Google certified (not sure of exact certification) but I know Nvida, Xiaomi will give you HD Netflix.

I would

Buy a decent spec box

Load on IPTV app

I have had the box with Kodi and Modro, etc. for a year and have never had a problem.  I can get new movies and TV shows or go back 40 years ago, all for free.  

Netflix?  Just watched the first 10 Punishers.

Kodi has been fantastic for me.

I may be wrong but to get the best access to everything isn't that IPTV a pay service?

Seems stupid since Kodi/Covenant,etc. are all free. 

1 hour ago, 2008bangkok said:

I would

Buy a decent spec box

Load on IPTV app

Kodi has lots of iptv options. Been using it for a long time and LOVE it!

4 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Ask around at the Expats Club. (Not sure which one--the main one I guess). I heard there's a guy configuring, selling, and supporting MXQ boxes that have everything and work great. Initial outlay: B8000.

He no longer sells boxes but still helps former customers. 

37 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

He no longer sells boxes but still helps former customers. 

Nice of him. Seems you know him?

Not trying to start an argument but why was he selling those units for 8,000 when you can buy them for 1,900?

Is there something better or special about them?

Maybe you don't know just asking.

13 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Not trying to start an argument but why was he selling those units for 8,000 when you can buy them for 1,900?

My box costs about 3,500B. I paid 6k which included the kodi setup. This guys build is really good and he's supported me for over a year now. Including coming to my house, hooking it up to my home entertainment system, updating the build 2 times now, and remotely dialing in several times to fix minor issues.

Some boxes bought off sites like ebay come dead on arrival, fail in the first year, or even get stuck in customs. I didn't have to worry about this. Worth the extra money IMHO.

I've also got a nice Kodi build off the internet for free which I use on my laptop. It's ok, but not as good as this guy's build.

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

This is mine in my room.  Came pre loaded with everything 1900 b.

Can't think of what else could be added or needed but I could be wrong.

I do not play video games so maybe more expensive for that upgrade.

Just bought the same thing from Gearbest for $25.

6 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Ask around at the Expats Club. (Not sure which one--the main one I guess). I heard there's a guy configuring, selling, and supporting MXQ boxes that have everything and work great. Initial outlay: B8000.

8000 baht for a box that costs $25? Crazy!

35 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

1900 baht, I just bought one for 800 baht.

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

8000 baht for a box that costs $25? Crazy!

Seems so to me. I bought a cheap one from Lazada and did my own limited but entirely adequate config--limited 'cause I don't care much about streaming from anywhere, mainly just upload vids from my computer thru the LAN to an attached SSD drive and play from there.

But my friend's a non-techie. He could easily afford it, was happy, and for him it was worth it. The seller claimed the custom configuration of the box was long and arduous. Well, it was set up beautifully for streaming, I must say. All the best apps, menus conveniently arranged. I think the price included installation, free upgrades, and ongoing maintenance.

4 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Seems so to me. I bought a cheap one from Lazada and did my own limited but entirely adequate config--limited 'cause I don't care much about streaming from anywhere, mainly just upload vids from my computer thru the LAN to an attached SSD drive and play from there.

But my friend's a non-techie. He could easily afford it, was happy, and for him it was worth it. The seller claimed the custom configuration of the box was long and arduous. Well, it was set up beautifully for streaming, I must say. All the best apps, menus conveniently arranged. I think the price included installation, free upgrades, and ongoing maintenance.

I'm a non techie as well, but watching a few videos on youtube pretty much covers everything including how to clean the box of all the add-ons and reinstall Kodi and whatever else you might need. I'm no expert, but if the seller claimed the custom configuration was long and arduous I would suggest he was trying to justify how he can sell a box for 8000 baht that costs 800 baht.

5 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

"Remote with voice input"--now that's pretty slick. Formidable box, no question.

1 minute ago, JSixpack said:

"Remote with voice input"--now that's pretty slick. Formidable box, no question.

The Amazon Fire Stick has voice input and it was selling for $25 until recently. Problem is they don't ship to Thailand.

Archived