Multi Entry O or extension of stay?

I have a multiple entry O-type Non Imm visa that was issued in the US for having a thai wife. My visa just expired last month and my latest entry stamp allows me to stay till Feb 5. I was planning on returning to the US with my wife for a few months for business and was going to apply for a new type-o multi entry just like my current one. We usually only stay in Thailand for 3 months at a time but sometimes would like to stay longer. I'm just wondering if I am applying for the correct visa. Should I apply for the 1 year stay visa and just notify the immigration everytime I return to US or is my current visa the way to go?

Any help/suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

BTW- I have no problem showing the income requirements for the long stay visa. Also, I have the 400,000thb in bank accounts in the US and would rather not have to keep it in a Thai bank just to get the visa.

If you want to stay longer you only have to make a border run and return with the visa type you now have so as long as you can obtain that type of visa would see no reason to change unless you would like to apply for permanent residence at some point in the future.

The 400k bank account is no longer a factor for new marriage based extensions of stay. Only 40k family income is now required. But extensions of stay take time, which you don't seem to have that much of.

If you want to stay longer you only have to make a border run and return with the visa type you now have so as long as you can obtain that type of visa would see no reason to change unless you would like to apply for permanent residence at some point in the future.

The 400k bank account is no longer a factor for new marriage based extensions of stay. Only 40k family income is now required. But extensions of stay take time, which you don't seem to have that much of.

Thanks for the prompt response lopburi3. So I guess my question now is, if I stick with the multiple entry type-O and want to stay over 3 months in 1 trip, is there anyway I can do that without having to do a border run? Is it possible to just extend for a month or so?