'Ashamed' Franken says he won't quit U.S. Senate over groping accusations

webfact

12 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The way things are now, for sexual assault an accusation seems to be enough. The tide has turned, for better or worse.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

When women start saying that they don't care if innocent men suffer along the way, for worse.

I, for the past 30 years have always attempted to avoid being in a position where a woman could falsely accuse me of abuse, so it's not a new thing.

The sooner androids remove the need for men to interact with women the better.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:26 AM, darksidedog said:

That smacks of hypocrisy coming from you. Trump had many, many, more allegations against him, accusing him of far more serious sexual assault, and yet you stand by him, while suggesting a Democrat should resign. How does that guy have no morals or ethics, but Trump somehow does?

This thread isn't about Trump. Off topic.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:00 AM, canuckamuck said:

The curtain draws closed for the western male. Every bottom pat in your life history from high school on up is now hovering over your head like the sword of Damocles. Even if you can't remember it, and even if there is no evidence. 

Correct. If ever we annoyed a woman in our past, they can now get revenge on us merely by accusation without any requirement for proof. In the new world order, all men bad, all women good.

Perhaps we should all claim to be females, as they have to accept that now, too.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:08 AM, steven100 said:

everyone wants to get on the bandwagon .....  it's all for $$ .....  the only people who will come out smiling are all the lawyers ... :shock1:

If something wasn't reported within a couple of months after the alleged then it should be trashed.  !!

Certainly should be a statute of limitations. Perhaps 5 years max.

However, it doesn't matter as just accusation is enough to ruin a man even without a court case.

Whatever, false accusation should be a crime punishable by a criminal record and preferably imprisonment. Also, the accused should not be publicly named till convicted with arrest for those doing so.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Certainly should be a statute of limitations. Perhaps 5 years max.

However, it doesn't matter as just accusation is enough to ruin a man even without a court case.

Whatever, false accusation should be a crime punishable by a criminal record and preferably imprisonment. Also, the accused should not be publicly named till convicted with arrest for those doing so.

I agree that NO case should be tried and convicted by the press and there should be stiff penalties for making false accusations. When I was a kid it was a crime to call in or file a false report with the local police or fire dept. Wonder when they took that law off the books.

1 hour ago, boomerangutang said:

This has probably already been mentioned, but Franken quit today.  He's a good guy, and I'm sorry to see him exit the political arena.

He made it plain in his Senate speech he is is going to continue to be an political activist and speak publicly on issues.  

TH 

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

you DO realize that his hands were no where near her butt in the photo unless you're indicating that she is a butthead. The mere fact that he had a photographer standing by at his request to take the picture while he grabbed her chest makes it premeditated.

Not an assumption that can be made since it is even more likely he was in some impromptu comedy routine for his male audience and in that spontaneity he saw an opportunity for an additional laugh by honking those nice breasts.

No premeditation required.

Professional photographers are not worth heir salt if they are not fast with the camera. 

There is an extreme moral deficit within the GOP. When an accused child molester, and accused statutory rapist, is treated with an entirely different standard, than a senator who is accused of groping, or kissing an adult from time to time, in an unwanted fashion, there is something wrong, something very wrong. The unfortunate part about this whole dialogue, is that Trump has introduced a new low for politicians. And he somehow did it, while talking about draining the swamp. Cute. It would be funny if it were not for the fact that it is so very sad, so pathetic, so purile, and so fake, and false. But, there are alot of people who are buying into it. Alot of my friends, who still support him, say they despise him, and what he has done to the party. But, they support him nonetheless, as there is no alternative. As a lifelong democrat (but not a liberal by any stretch of the imagination) I see how broken our party is. Hillary was the worst thing for the dems. She was the wrong candidate, at the wrong time. 

I think Franken should have stood up to the nonsense. He should have asked the women senators who were asking him to step down, how many times have you used your feminine wiles, to get what you wanted in life? And how many men have you slept with, to get favors, position, power, or money? How innocent are you women, really?

There are alot of accusations flying around. I am happy Franken at least brought up the moral corruption, and extreme degradation of Trump and Moore. Something for people to think about. This "war on men" in the US, is out of control. The women waging this war must be stopped. 

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Franken's accuser's named offenses were definitely more minor than the typically accused now that are being forced out of careers (but not all forced ... trump). I'm not making excuses for Franken but in normal times what he's been accused of wouldn't have killed anyone's major career. But it happened. Time to move on ... 

Also in normal times a clown troll "grab em by their p" baby man wouldn't have been elected president, or even dog catcher. 

You...need...to...get...Trump...out...of...your...head.

Right now it looks like he owns permanent real estate in your noggin’ and is building condos.

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I am happy Franken at least brought up the moral corruption, and extreme degradation of Trump and Moore. Something for people to think about.

The only thing people will think about his exit speech is good riddance. Nobody will care what an admitted perv says about people everyone knows he hates. Getting to be a little like that here.

12 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:
21 minutes ago,  spidermike007 said: 

I am happy Franken at least brought up the moral corruption, and extreme degradation of Trump and Moore. Something for people to think about.

The only thing people will think about his exit speech is good riddance. Nobody will care what an admitted perv says about people everyone knows he hates. Getting to be a little like that here.

You are wrong. First of all, people openly wept, when he was giving his speech. Franken was very well liked, and highly respected in the senate. Secondarily, how can you refer to him as a perv? For having a photo taken where he is reaching out, and not even touching a woman's breasts? Has the standard fallen that low? For trying to kiss an adult woman? Are you one of the members of the war on men? Please explain. I cannot fathom your statement, especially in light of Trumps "grab em by the pussy" statement. Surely, he was never quoted as using language as crude, as the deflector in chief used. And he was certainly not accused of statutory rape, and assaulting minors, as young as 14. Where are your standards, anyway?

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Franken's accuser's named offenses were definitely more minor than the typically accused now that are being forced out of careers (but not all forced ... trump). I'm not making excuses for Franken but in normal times what he's been accused of wouldn't have killed anyone's major career. But it happened. Time to move on ... 

Also in normal times a clown troll "grab em by their p" baby man wouldn't have been elected president, or even dog catcher. 

These are NOT normal times. What we are witnessing is an extreme war on men. Every accuser should be compelled to answer the following questions under oath.

1. Have you ever slept with a man, or a woman, in exchange for any sort of favors, money, position, or perk?

2. Have you ever used your feminine wiles to encourage a man to offer you a favor, or give you special treatment, or a promotion of any sort?

3. Have you ever offered any sexual favors, in exchange for any sort of perk or profit?

4. Is there any reason to believe, that you were not being put in a position of being propositioned by the man who invited you up to his hotel room, or invited you back to his house or apartment? Perhaps in exchange for a promotion, or some sort of advantage in your job? Why did you accept the offer? What made you think there was not going to be a sexual angle to the invitation? After all, you had heard stories about the man in advance. Perhaps you anticipated some of it? Perhaps you wanted it? Perhaps you were prepared to offer these favors, in exchange for something? Perhaps you DID offer these favors? How innocent are you, really? 

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Correct. If ever we annoyed a woman in our past, they can now get revenge on us merely by accusation without any requirement for proof. In the new world order, all men bad, all women good.

Perhaps we should all claim to be females, as they have to accept that now, too.

A thorough understanding of what is now taking place.

Nice defense. 

That would definitely throw a monkey wrench into this entire exorcism.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

These are NOT normal times. What we are witnessing is an extreme war on men. Every accuser should be compelled to answer the following questions under oath.

1. Have you ever slept with a man, or a woman, in exchange for any sort of favors, money, position, or perk?

2. Have you ever used your feminine wiles to encourage a man to offer you a favor, or give you special treatment, or a promotion of any sort?

3. Have you ever offered any sexual favors, in exchange for any sort of perk or profit?

4. Is there any reason to believe, that you were not being put in a position of being propositioned by the man who invited you up to his hotel room, or invited you back to his house or apartment? Perhaps in exchange for a promotion, or some sort of advantage in your job? Why did you accept the offer? What made you think there was not going to be a sexual angle to the invitation? After all, you had heard stories about the man in advance. Perhaps you anticipated some of it? Perhaps you wanted it? Perhaps you were prepared to offer these favors, in exchange for something? Perhaps you DID offer these favors? How innocent are you, really? 

The questions most every man of influence knows to be true but is scared to death to voice.

Women do not want an equal playing field where they are also required accountability, they want to be treated with kid gloves as fragile and victims when it suits their purpose. 

3 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I agree that NO case should be tried and convicted by the press and there should be stiff penalties for making false accusations. When I was a kid it was a crime to call in or file a false report with the local police or fire dept. Wonder when they took that law off the books.

Please correct me but I am not aware of any of the accusations against Franken being arrestable offenses at this time. No one is making reports to Law Enforcement agencies. In fact, doing so would weaken the accusations because the investigations would result in no charges being filed. Simply one persons word against another unless these women can show diaries or electronic communications to friends at the time of the alleged incidents. 

The single exception to this was grabbing the melons of the sleeping entertainer but I am not sure physical contact was made and that took place over foreign airspace and the only jurisdiction would probably be the FBI except the Statute of Limitations has long expired. That incident occured prior to his even running for office.

There is no criminal investigation but only an Ethics Committee Investigation. 

The curtain draws closed for the western male. Every bottom pat in your life history from high school on up is now hovering over your head like the sword of Damocles. Even if you can't remember it, and even if there is no evidence. 
The curtain is not closing for Western males who never viewed a "bottom pat" as acceptable behavior.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ChristianBlessing said:

The curtain is not closing for Western males who never viewed a "bottom pat" as acceptable behavior.

Obviously we're in the thick of a big change now. Some men that don't really deserve it are going to get hurt unfairly. It's going to have to get to a place where the public begins to appreciate that there are many different LEVELS of these incidents, proven or otherwise. At the very least it would be best for everyone if men accused of the less severe incidents don't have their careers ruined for PAST behavior. Not even close to being there yet, if ever ....

Here's a radical thought.

Yes, Franken is out of the senate.

But I'm not entirely sure that the prospect of a PRESIDENT Franken is totally dead yet.

There is a scenario where he could develop into an outsider voice of great leadership about women's issues and everything else issues.

Obviously, it's very hard to imagine such a scenario right now. 

A very long bet, sure.

But not as long as the clown troll potus we have now was when he started running. 

1 hour ago, ClutchClark said:

Please correct me but I am not aware of any of the accusations against Franken being arrestable offenses at this time. No one is making reports to Law Enforcement agencies. In fact, doing so would weaken the accusations because the investigations would result in no charges being filed. Simply one persons word against another unless these women can show diaries or electronic communications to friends at the time of the alleged incidents. 

The single exception to this was grabbing the melons of the sleeping entertainer but I am not sure physical contact was made and that took place over foreign airspace and the only jurisdiction would probably be the FBI except the Statute of Limitations has long expired. That incident occured prior to his even running for office.

There is no criminal investigation but only an Ethics Committee Investigation. 

Exactly. And that is precisely why he should have resisted resignation with every ounce of his power. He did not make contact. It was joke! He was a comedian. Anything for a gag. It is the extremely thin skinned and hateful women that are pushing this agenda.He should have pushed the blame back onto his accusers. Of course, he would have been crucified, in this moment of extreme permissiveness, when it comes to open, free, unwitting, unsubstantiated accusations. There must be a burden of proof on the accuser. Otherwise, men are like game in an animal preserve. Many women are just out hunting for game, at this moment. This has gone too far. Many of the women in the US, are showing their disgust with anything to do with femininity, their complete inability to grasp it, or embrace it, or embody it, or manifest it, on any level, and they are exposing themselves as the coarse, rude, callous, power grabbing monsters they truly are. Ugly. Really, really ugly. 

1 hour ago, ChristianBlessing said:

I get what you are saying, and of course you are right. But many of us behaved in our youth in a different way than we behave now, and of course the times were different too. I hope you believe that a man can change his ways. I honestly can't remember half of what we got up to in university and later. We were immature idiots. And I am thinking that many of us were. Drugs, sex and, rock and roll, summed up the first 7 or 8 years out of high school. I am what you call a straight arrow these days; but although there is a statute of limitations on many types crimes, apparently a bum pat will haunt you to the grave. I can't specifically remember any bum pats but I know I must have done so, at least among my social group. That wouldn't have even raised an eyebrow in those days.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

He did not make contact. It was joke! He was a comedian. Anything for a gag.

You're just reacting that one photo that's been shown online. He's had many women accusing him of worse stuff, without photos of course.

21 minutes ago, Ruffian Dick said:

You're just reacting that one photo that's been shown online. He's had many women accusing him of worse stuff, without photos of course.

Actually the other accusations were not "worse stuff", they were rather benign in nature. In one, he is accused of kissing a woman's cheek during a greeting with an alleged "open mouth". Her cheek.

in another incodent, as the accuser and Franken stood close for a photo, his hand was positioned on her waist. 

The accusations all occurred while he was an entertainer and he has had tens of 1,000's of similar photo requests by fans. 

If you consider the high energy prior to and following a performance, then these ststistically few  complaints are easily explained as from women who are uncomfortable in situations which include physical contact. Six out of 10,000 is statistically insognificant. 

He did not proposition these women, he did not grab their privates, he did not whisper abusive or vulgar things in their ear. 

He was an netertainer. He was not a political office holder. The context was not a private office or hotel room. They were photos at very public events.

6 hours ago, ChristianBlessing said:

Great point made here.

I notice your name is "ChristianBlessing". I am going to hazard a guess by your post that you are fairly conservative if you have never patted a bottom. Watch any sports event and you probably see bottom pats about 6 times and those are the ones caught on camera. This occurs even more in women's televised sports. In other words, bottom pats are not considered taboo in large segments of the population but my experience amongst conservstive god-fearing folk back in Eastern Colorado is that bottom pats are not typical.

So you have an entertainer and thousands of women request photos in close physical proximity. Take a look at similar photo ops posted online. 

Perhaps people who feel uncomfortable in close proximity to strangers should not request photo ops. Its quite possible they consider a peck on the cheek to be a sexually explicit assault when compared to their conservative lifestyle. (Nothing wrong with that) but their interpretation of the event should not qualify Franken as a sexual predator. 

Howabout the equally important Christian value of being fair and understanding to others and not passing judgement? 

Besides, the accusers have only made unsubstantiated allegations at this time and the incidents were never even reviewed by an Ethics Panel yet your statement assumes guilt. I sure hope you don't brush up against one of your fellow Congregation members in a crowd and have them make an accusation you were frisky with them because the accused are no longer allowed to offer their version of events before being found guilty as charged. Thats the new world you are helping to create. 

I  haven't seen any men claiming that women have been sexulaly abusing them.

But then I remembered, my secretary was young, divorced, sexy and knew it.  She abused me everyday just by coming to work  but there was absolutely no way that I was going to complain to anybody.:stoner:

Archived