Swiss man gets bashed after turning off noisy bike

webfact

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

Don’t mess with people’s belongings. Fair enough it was noisy but you’re just asking for trouble doing something like this

Not so sure about that - Having cars / motorbikes moved in Thailand is quite common. Many a time I have seen people push badly parked cars or moved motorbikes to different positions in order to allow themselves to exit the car park. Is this really that different? 

I am fairly sure there was a thread a while back about some hi-so type that went mental when someone  blocked him / her in a downtown mall car park and didn't leave the handbrake off allowing this to happen, so he / she vandalised the offending car in retaliation. 

3 minutes ago, Dutchbike said:

"Many posters on Facebook said he was asking for trouble turning off someone else's bike"

And what about people sitting on other people's parked bikes, that seems to be pretty normal here

I always hate when people sit on my bike without asking me :post-4641-1156693976: Seems to be a very local thing. 555

22 minutes ago, Norrad said:

OK let's work with your example here. The bike is private property whether it is on public property or not. So by your reasoning if someone parks their car or camper-van on public property (maybe in a parking spot on the road outside their house, then anyone can climb in and do with it as they please? After all the mere sight of it might annoy someone or heaven forbid, block someones view...

Why dont you just stick to what happened , rather than making comparisons ?

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Also, if people were to switch their engines off , then this situation would not happen

Also, if people were to walk instead of riding their fino, then this situation would not happen.

Also if people were to stay home instead of eating out, then this situation would not happen.

download (4).jpg

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Also, if people were to switch their engines off , then this situation would not happen

Practically everything will annoy someone in some way or another. Most people just live with it and continue their life peacefully. This Swiss idiot made the wrong move and came out of it worse for wear.

My mantra is that if I am annoyed by someone or something then I will just walk away, unless I am physically prevented from doing so, or the annoyance poses a danger to others. Then I might get involved.

2 minutes ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Also, if people were to walk instead of riding their fino, then this situation would not happen.

Also if people were to stay home instead of eating out, then this situation would not happen.

Not at all, if people switch their motors engine off , other people would not feel the need to switch them off .

No need to mention anything else

3 minutes ago, Norrad said:

Practically everything will annoy someone in some way or another. Most people just live with it and continue their life peacefully. This Swiss idiot made the wrong move and came out of it worse for wear.

Is the fact that the Swiss guy got hit important ?

What if the Thai guy had thanked the Swiss man for switching his bike off and gave him 100 Baht for doing so .

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Do stop making comparisons, we are talking about a guys motorbikes engines running and another guy switching the engine off

OK let's make this simple. Don't mess with or touch someone else's property and things won't turn nasty.
Seems like an easy rule to live by, but apparently the Swiss guy couldn't comprehend that.

Bit off topic but....Used to take my fun ride to car shows, came back to it one time to find a bloke cross legged, arms folded with his ass on my ride chatting, l had a red mist moment and....

Another time I found a bloke trying to open my car doors through the open window cos it didn't have door handles, another red mist moment...

Of course I never used a big stick cos where l come from a criminal record would ensue, but they heard words they may never have heard before...:sad:

picasabackground-005.jpg.835fd12736bea2f6833fc7577373cfe6.jpg

2 hours ago, greatwhitenorth said:

Why would you choose to live in a country that you have so little respect for the people?  sounds like grumpy old man talk to me.

One can have many good reasons to stay in country...As far as you are concerned, you come across pompous and righteous, whatever your age is...

10 minutes ago, Norrad said:

OK let's make this simple. Don't mess with or touch someone else's property and things won't turn nasty.
Seems like an easy rule to live by, but apparently the Swiss guy couldn't comprehend that.

Also, do not physically attack other people when they do things that you dont like .

(No, please dont think of a situation where its appropriate to attack someone when they do something that you dont like : *What if a person.......blah blah blah *)

27 minutes ago, transam said:

Of course I never used a big stick cos where l come from a criminal record would ensue, but they heard words they may never have heard before...

And then we'd have another thread about how transam got the beating he deserved for swearing at the guy.  Which, in many circles, is much worse than touching someone's stuff.

Bottom line, the physical violence isn't called for, nor is it acceptable.

20 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

One can have many good reasons to stay in country...As far as you are concerned, you come across pompous and righteous, whatever your age is...

Thank you for your insight. I asked the question to a different poster. It was his opinion that I wanted, but yours is precious I am sure. My age is 60 and I think guys with Thai Elite often get full of themselves and forget that they put there pants on one leg at a time.  But then of course they are wealthy enough to have a sweet young man to take them off for them don 't they

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Bottom line, the physical violence isn't called for, nor is it acceptable.

Ummmmm, your in Thailand. Go and tell a Thai that. If you do not like the Thai local justice then either don't do anything to invoke them or else get out of Thailand

Archived