Swiss man gets bashed after turning off noisy bike

webfact

1 hour ago, Norrad said:

OK let's work with your example here. The bike is private property whether it is on public property or not. So by your reasoning if someone parks their car or camper-van on public property (maybe in a parking spot on the road outside their house, then anyone can climb in and do with it as they please? After all the mere sight of it might annoy someone or heaven forbid, block someones view...

Look up the difference between real property and chattel, and how they're treated very differently under the law. 

If someone's RV is spewing smoke into my campsite when the owner is gone, you bet I'll climb into it and turn it off.  I'd probably ask the campground owner to do it as a first choice, but I'd do it myself if I had to.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, impulse said:

It is nothing like walking onto private property to turn off a guy's TV.  The bike was on public property, creating a public nuisance.

No, apparently only a nuisance to the Swiss guy. His opinion does not make it a public nuisance.

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

Ummmmm, your in Thailand. Go and tell a Thai that. If you do not like the Thai local justice then either don't do anything to invoke them or else get out of Thailand

Just because it's endemic and I can't do anything about it, doesn't make it acceptable.  There's a small subset of every population on earth that turns to violence when they're upset.  Thailand included. 

Every one of the Thai's I worked with for 6+ years would agree that it's unacceptable. 

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Just because it's endemic and I can't do anything about it, doesn't make it acceptable.  There's a small subset of every population on earth that turns to violence when they're upset.  Thailand included. 

Every one of the Thai's I worked with for 6+ years would agree that it's unacceptable. 

If you find it unacceptable then the best thing would be to leave Thailand because it does not matter how much you whinge about it Thailand culture will not change. Just make sure you do not touch another persons property without their consent.

2 minutes ago, DLang said:

Yeah, can't even go out to buy some fried bugs without some farang manhandling your property. 

Ye but we are talking about private property not your public property. 5555555555555555555

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

the motorcycle owner is in the wrong.

unprovoked violent attack.

one year in prison.

next case.

Wrong. The Swiss idiot has no right to interfere with someone else's property; nor his he the arbiter of what's acceptable and what's not. 

Could have been mistaken for attempted theft or vandalism.

Owner has every right to protect his property. 

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Wrong. The Swiss idiot has no right to interfere with someone else's property; nor his he the arbiter of what's acceptable and what's not. 

Could have been mistaken for attempted theft or vandalism.

Owner has every right to protect his property. 

But the owner went too far when he returned with a stick to continue with the bashing

But the owner went too far when he returned with a stick to continue with the bashing

If that's parts true then 'reasonable" force seems to have been exceeded.

At least he didn't come back with half a dozen mates and beat Swissy to a pulp.

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

If that's parts true then 'reasonable" force seems to have been exceeded.

At least he didn't come back with half a dozen mates and beat Swissy to a pulp.

This is what has been reported

A 25 - 30 year old Thai man came back and gave him a whack then went down the soi on his bike and returned armed with a stick.

He then knocked the tourist to the ground leaving him covered in blood.

Yes reasonable force has been exceeded when the Thai returned with the stick

Just now, Russell17au said:

A 25 - 30 year old Thai man came back and gave him a whack then went down the soi on his bike and returned armed with a stick.

actually i'd say that depends. the article doesn;t say if the swiss guy was shouting and swearing. if he was then he deserved his bashing

Given the renowned accuracy of journalism maybe a different story will pop up soon.

But the old temper for some kicks in on after burn. There again, Swissy got more than he asked for but did instigate it.

Reasonable force was exceeded when he hit the guy the first time.  It didn't protect the owner or his property from any pending loss or danger- it was just retribution for something that had already occurred.  

1 minute ago, SoulWater said:

Hitting the guy the first time was fair enough you don't mess with someone else's property coming back with a stick and beating the crap out of him is overkill 500 baht fine

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yep, 500bht fine IF the BiB can be bothered, that is why farangs really should be careful and do some homework before coming here....Forget about farangland stuff because this place isn't the same...

1 hour ago, transam said:

Bit off topic but....Used to take my fun ride to car shows, came back to it one time to find a bloke cross legged, arms folded with his ass on my ride chatting, l had a red mist moment and....

Another time I found a bloke trying to open my car doors through the open window cos it didn't have door handles, another red mist moment...

Of course I never used a big stick cos where l come from a criminal record would ensue, but they heard words they may never have heard before...:sad:

picasabackground-005.jpg.835fd12736bea2f6833fc7577373cfe6.jpg

Bit of a 1970s hairdressers type of car. :giggle:

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Is the fact that the Swiss guy got hit important ?

What if the Thai guy had thanked the Swiss man for switching his bike off and gave him 100 Baht for doing so .

What if..............the world was perfect?

Ifs and ands

Basic rule of life

Dont pull people, remonstrate, or mess with their stuff

Unless you are ready willing able and reconciled to deal with them physically.

As seen here an upbringing of punctual trains and toblerones didn't 'cut the mustard'

Archived