Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

webfact

Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

As a Pattaya hotel association were upbeat over an increase in hotel bookings came a stream of racist comments that the tourists were not to the locals' liking.

Posters on Facebook were moaning that all the tourists in the resort were either Indians, Chinese or Arabs - they don't spend much, cause trouble and have no manners, they spouted.

The message was clear: Where are all the nice ones - like Americans - who spend cash and behave well!?

Sophon Cable TV on Facebook quoted Sanpetch Supphabowonsathian, head of the Eastern Seaboard Hotel Association, as saying that the boat show week was a great success and advance bookings for this high season showed a 5-10% increase on last year.

Though prices remained static due to oversupply it was positive news for the industry, he said.

But this was met with scorn by Thai posters many of whom seemed to be operators at the resort.

Nong Samnak said: "Yeh right...but it's only the Chinese".

Precha Likit bemoaned the fact that it was just Indians and Chinese asking, Where are the Americans?

"I Love You" clearly doesn't love the tourists much at their massage shop. They said: "Don't ask me about the Indians. I would prefer Russians any day but there aren't any".

Anchalee Julakhot chipped in: "It is just Chinese groups. What's the use? They won't even buy a drink from you".

While Lihi Kittyhili really turned on the guests to Pattaya: "It's just Chinese, Indians and Arabs. They have no manners and treat Pattaya like it's their own country".

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-27
  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, webfact said:

The message was clear: Where are all the nice ones - like Americans - who spend cash and behave well!?

They ain't coming back because you treated them like $hit with all your scams. Much better places to go instead.

They've been asking the same question for the past 5 years but refusing to accept the answer...

Thailand has destroyed their tourist image for the good tourists who come and spend money, with all the jacked up dual pricing, piss poor attitudes, total lack of language skills, rip off prices, and high crime.  The "cream" has been scraped from the top, so now all they're left with is the dregs.  And no one but themselves to blame. 

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

8 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Filthy beaches and Sois.

Deadly roads.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Yep women have gotten older and uglier for sure . ITS expensive now to visit . It’s going the way of Spain , Mexico  , Las Vegas , rubbish over saturated tourist dumps . 

Luckily for Thailand it has not had as much competition . I’m still waiting for Burma to get interesting 

To follow up on my previous post - If Americans are truly dead-set on being scammed and fleeced, they might as well go south of their own border. No jet-lag, airfare is cheaper, plenty of spicy food and the beer/tequila is the same.

Otherwise, for near enough the same airfare price, going to Vietnam is a much better deal.

1 minute ago, ezflip said:

To follow up on my previous post - If Americans are truly dead-set on being scammed and fleeced, they might as well go south of their own border. No jet-lag, airfare is cheaper, plenty of spicy food and the beer/tequila is the same.

Otherwise, for near enough the same airfare price, going to Vietnam is a much better deal.

I think whomever wants the Americans back must be remembering with nostalgia the Vietnam war ! Americans are not big travellers at all ! I think they are getting confused with europeans . Plus Mexico does not have decently women . Anything over 30 (most are in pattaya now ) in Mexico are normaly overweight and have a shed load of kids .

19 minutes ago, lonewolf99 said:

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

Deadly roads.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

You hit it right..and lets remember that this is exactly the quality tourists they chose to go after...you get what you wish for...good luck

Archived