Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

webfact

On 12/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, The manic said:

Add destroying the street markets and food stalls such as in BKK lower suk and the pee testing for drugs.

Earlier this year I tried to buy dollars - it took me ages to find a money exchange with any dollars. Also the American military can face court martial if found with a bar girl.and charged with y human trafficking. For  fleshpot the yanks  have DR CR and other south american places for wine women and song, legal pot etc etc

Yep I know a lot of people

who are raving about Costa Rica ! A much safer Mexico with stunning varieties of women . Well worth a punt 

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/12/2017 at 10:53 PM, chrisandsu said:

Yep I know a lot of people

who are raving about Costa Rica ! A much safer Mexico with stunning varieties of women . Well worth a punt 

yeah i was hoing to check it out last sept.. may do so next year.  Good nature as well

Even here in Boise, Idaho Chinese tour groups won't buy a drink. On one summer day they a busload was visiting an outdoor shopping village. It was over 40 C. that day. There was a very large coffee shop, but of course, they all headed to the cinema lounge where they could enjoy the air conditioning without buying a cup of tea. Heaven forbid. They always have their thermos bottles with them.

On 11/27/2017 at 2:11 AM, markaoffy said:

Was in a small Tesco lotus store yesterday being served at the checkout when a Middle Aged man of Indian sub continent looks, walked in door and straight to checkout where I was being served attempting to gain attention by pushing a cell phone in the face of staff girl “put money on phone” . He picked the wrong person! She ignored him and I pointed to the queue saying , “learn some manners and join the line “ amazing how people of mature years can behave in such a way, or maybe not!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The average subcontinentals are not familiar with lining up. At Dubai's international airport they have to be scolded and redirected by the Arab ground staff. The Pashtuns from Afghanistan are still in the dark ages. I was on a Fly Dubai flight from Qassim to Dubai and the flight attendant, an Arab woman, had to tell the guy to flush the toilet!

On 11/27/2017 at 3:32 AM, Thian said:

Will you go here

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor pattaya beach

Or here?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor italian beach

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor italian beach

For Eurpeans the nice beaches are within a few hours flyingtime while Thailand is 10-14 hours in a plane.

I like Miami Beach and the Keys, so we have our own beaches too, and not so crowded.

9 minutes ago, Dustdevil said:

The average subcontinentals are not familiar with lining up. At Dubai's international airport they have to be scolded and redirected by the Arab ground staff. The Pashtuns from Afghanistan are still in the dark ages. I was on a Fly Dubai flight from Qassim to Dubai and the flight attendant, an Arab woman, had to tell the guy to flush the toilet!

I worked in Abu Dhabi for a spell. Not a bad assignment...except for the Indians. Especially the one's that think bathing is a waste of water.

They'll walk over you trying to stand in line. I had to school more than one of them on what it meant to wait his turn, but it's hopeless when there's 40 or 50 of them & there's only one of me.

Also their habit of standing half an inch behind you when they do bother to stand in line.

I went to pay my phone bill one day. It was 1998 & they had ONE machine in the entire city, where I could key my phone number in, then slide some currency into the machine.

I'd always go at 2:00 PM, as the whole city shut down between 1:00 & 5:00 PM & the phone company lobby where the machine was located would be deserted.

I suddenly smelled something that smelled like wet dog fur & felt something touch my elbow.

An Indian was standing 1/2 an inch off my back, counting his money for the machine.

In this HUGE, EMPTY lobby, he just HAD to jam his smelly nose up my ass. I went ballistic on the guy.

2 hours ago, Dustdevil said:

Even here in Boise, Idaho Chinese tour groups won't buy a drink. On one summer day they a busload was visiting an outdoor shopping village. It was over 40 C. that day. There was a very large coffee shop, but of course, they all headed to the cinema lounge where they could enjoy the air conditioning without buying a cup of tea. Heaven forbid. They always have their thermos bottles with them.

what's wrong with their behaviour?

On 12/12/2017 at 10:51 AM, jaywalker said:

I worked in Abu Dhabi for a spell. Not a bad assignment...except for the Indians. Especially the one's that think bathing is a waste of water.

They'll walk over you trying to stand in line. I had to school more than one of them on what it meant to wait his turn, but it's hopeless when there's 40 or 50 of them & there's only one of me.

Also their habit of standing half an inch behind you when they do bother to stand in line.

I went to pay my phone bill one day. It was 1998 & they had ONE machine in the entire city, where I could key my phone number in, then slide some currency into the machine.

I'd always go at 2:00 PM, as the whole city shut down between 1:00 & 5:00 PM & the phone company lobby where the machine was located would be deserted.

I suddenly smelled something that smelled like wet dog fur & felt something touch my elbow.

An Indian was standing 1/2 an inch off my back, counting his money for the machine.

In this HUGE, EMPTY lobby, he just HAD to jam his smelly nose up my ass. I went ballistic on the guy.

I find that ripping a loud, rotten fart works wonders when the 'close encounters' get OTT.

On 12/4/2017 at 7:01 PM, Joebuzz said:

Tried to retire in Thailand.  After 3 years I had had enough of the BS.  I had been scammed at every turn, 7/11 teenagers trying to overcharge me, condo renters and MANAGEMENT extorting me, airport personnel intentionally sending me off in the wrong direction, little Chinese old man trying to shove me off the sidewalk, ladyboys hounding me, Big C employees sending me off in the wrong direction, cell phone employees ignoring me, and on and on.  The people have no concept of customer service, they don't realize that some of us are trying to be good retirees and they just wear us down.  I met people from all over the planet and 80% of them knew some English and Google translate did the rest but the Thai people, for the most part, couldn't care less about non-Thai visitors.  In other words...the place as a whole just ain't that friendly and just when it seems like you're getting along, you get stabbed in the back again.  And you are wrong about Mexico.  Spent many, many years there and if it weren't for Trump pissing them off, I'd go back.  AND, the food beats the hell out of Thai food.  However, if I ever visit Thailand again I won't be leaving the airport.... I'll be on my way somewhere else.  

It took you 3 years to work it out? What a loser!

or

You gave up after only 3 years? What a loser!

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:04 AM, Kerryd said:

I was sitting in a friend's beer bar on Walking Street one evening when a group of Indians (6 in total) came by. One of them started chatting with the owner, trying to get a discount on the price of the (cheapest) draft beer because he was bringing "all these customers" to his bar ! (That bar already had about the cheapest draft prices on the Street.) The owner said no to giving them a discount. They sat down anyways and ordered.........................................

It irritates me that people who can afford to go on a big holiday put so much effort into bartering with small business owners to save a few baht.  Those business owners probably have a fraction of the wealth of the holiday maker. 

Certain nationalities do this more than others...

For the first time in ages ,yesterday the wife and i actually walked along beach road , as far as i could see there were very few of what i would call the old style western tourists ,it just seemed to be crowds of Indian and Chinese  ,the Chinese just shout at each other and the Indians ,have about as much manners as the soi dog that chases my car and just barge you out of the way , so i will just drive down there as usual in future .

Westerners are actually the ones who "treat the place like they own it". Look at them complaining that "other" people - Chinese, Indians and Arabs - would dare visit Thailand. I guess they do not like the changing world. The purpose of travelling is to see new places and everyone is free to spend what they can afford or want to. So what if we share 2 beers amongst the six of us? Does that make us lesser tourists? Stop whining that others are visiting Thailand. It is big enough to accommodate everyone that is coming.

4 hours ago, Ochomo said:

Westerners are actually the ones who "treat the place like they own it". Look at them complaining that "other" people - Chinese, Indians and Arabs - would dare visit Thailand.

what irks them that these people dare not to show the necessary respect and address the Westerners with a deep bow and a submissive "Sah'b, Bwana or Master".

but the little men have an outlet for their frustration by presenting their (mostly invented) stories in ThaiVisa.

:smile:

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:51 AM, jaywalker said:

Reminds me of when I went to the bank to get some cash and a guy came up and looked over my shoulder as I was standing at the counter. I had to get a bit antsy with the guy as he just wouldn't back off, and seemed to not understand why I didn't like it.

His number hadn't even been put up on the screen.

30 minutes ago, Naam said:

what irks them that these people dare not to show the necessary respect and address the Westerners with a deep bow and a submissive "Sah'b, Bwana or Master".

but the little men have an outlet for their frustration by presenting their (mostly invented) stories in ThaiVisa.

Sure. Whatever you say. :sleep:

5 hours ago, Ochomo said:

Westerners are actually the ones who "treat the place like they own it". Look at them complaining that "other" people - Chinese, Indians and Arabs - would dare visit Thailand. I guess they do not like the changing world. The purpose of travelling is to see new places and everyone is free to spend what they can afford or want to. So what if we share 2 beers amongst the six of us? Does that make us lesser tourists? Stop whining that others are visiting Thailand. It is big enough to accommodate everyone that is coming.

Although the O.P is about what Thai people are saying , rather than what Westerners are saying .

46 minutes ago, Naam said:

No matter the nationality, when they travel in groups, it can be tough.  I've seen rude tourists from many different nations during my travels. 

With that being said.  The Chinese currently win the top spot. 

22 hours ago, Ochomo said:

For myself i have absolutely no problem with any race coming to my home town ,but at least behave with some decency , ,that also goes for my own British tourists ,but to be honest yes you get the odd drunken Westerner , but the tour groups that are coming now seem to be populated by the very worst people going .they seem to be just ignorant and rude in the extreem ,

22 hours ago, Ochomo said:

You have just demonstrated the point you are attempting to refute. "Westerners" are not a homogeneous group. There are distinct cultural and behavioural characteristics that differentiate them. For example, one of the reasons why the Thais  love the Danish and to a lesser extent  the Swedish is that these visitors tend to be kind and gentle with the Thais. They smile alot and  are an attractive lot, especially the younger demographic. The Thais who have visited Scandinavian countries come back with positive  stories. Not so the Thais who have worked or visited China, or India or had the misfortune of being mistreated workers in Gulf states.

The ethnic groups the Thais are  complaining about are specific to certain countries. For example, ethnic Chinese from Australia or the USA are not criticized, and are in fact desirable. This is because they tend to be young, good looking  and fun. They also  are not cheap. There are not many young Chinese nationals visiting Thailand.What Thailand gets are the older new "middle class". The better educated wealthy, and hip younger demographic go to Australia, new Zealand North America and Europe for holidays.

Many of us grew up with kids of Indian ethnicity. There probably isn't anyone under the age of  50 on Thai Visa from the UK, Australia or North America who didn't have "Indian" friends and schoolmates. We all heard the  comments  about Indians from them and many of us have been  to India so fully understand the issues the Thais are experiencing. The Indians coming to Thailand are the lower end demographic. Middle class by Indian standards, but low class and poor by developed world standards. The Indian assumptions of caste  and their presumption of superiority over the Thais because the Indian visitors have some rupiah back in India  are part of the reason why they fail as visitors. Again the  higher end  Indian demographic isn't targeting Thailand and those that come are small in numbers.

If you share 2 beers between 6 people, you really shouldn't be going into a bar and tying up its resources. You take up space and  make a mess. Yes, you are leser tourists. The Thais have a business and their intent is to  make a profit, not provide subsidized leisure opportunities for poor  tourists.  I get it, you have limited financial means. That's why there are 7-11s and Leo Beer. Go and buy your beer there and you can share the bottles back in your rooming house.

17 hours ago, Naam said:

You appear to be confused. The requirement  to show deference is what is expected in  the middle east, particularly in  countries like Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait etc. If the slaves/indentured servants who typically come from  poorer SE Asian countries such as India, Pakistan and the Philippines do not show proper deference,  they can be beaten and manhandled. It seems some of the tourists from these countries have the attitude that they can treat the Thais in the same manner as they do their workers.  

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

You have just demonstrated the point you are attempting to refute. "Westerners" are not a homogeneous group. There are distinct cultural and behavioural characteristics that differentiate them. For example, one of the reasons why the Thais  love the Danish and to a lesser extent  the Swedish is that these visitors tend to be kind and gentle with the Thais. They smile alot and  are an attractive lot, especially the younger demographic. The Thais who have visited Scandinavian countries come back with positive  stories. Not so the Thais who have worked or visited China, or India or had the misfortune of being mistreated workers in Gulf states.

The ethnic groups the Thais are  complaining about are specific to certain countries. For example, ethnic Chinese from Australia or the USA are not criticized, and are in fact desirable. This is because they tend to be young, good looking  and fun. They also  are not cheap. There are not many young Chinese nationals visiting Thailand.What Thailand gets are the older new "middle class". The better educated wealthy, and hip younger demographic go to Australia, new Zealand North America and Europe for holidays.

Many of us grew up with kids of Indian ethnicity. There probably isn't anyone under the age of  50 on Thai Visa from the UK, Australia or North America who didn't have "Indian" friends and schoolmates. We all heard the  comments  about Indians from them and many of us have been  to India so fully understand the issues the Thais are experiencing. The Indians coming to Thailand are the lower end demographic. Middle class by Indian standards, but low class and poor by developed world standards. The Indian assumptions of caste  and their presumption of superiority over the Thais because the Indian visitors have some rupiah back in India  are part of the reason why they fail as visitors. Again the  higher end  Indian demographic isn't targeting Thailand and those that come are small in numbers.

If you share 2 beers between 6 people, you really shouldn't be going into a bar and tying up its resources. You take up space and  make a mess. Yes, you are leser tourists. The Thais have a business and their intent is to  make a profit, not provide subsidized leisure opportunities for poor  tourists.  I get it, you have limited financial means. That's why there are 7-11s and Leo Beer. Go and buy your beer there and you can share the bottles back in your rooming house.

You appear to be confused. The requirement  to show deference is what is expected in  the middle east, particularly in  countries like Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait etc. If the slaves/indentured servants who typically come from  poorer SE Asian countries such as India, Pakistan and the Philippines do not show proper deference,  they can be beaten and manhandled. It seems some of the tourists from these countries have the attitude that they can treat the Thais in the same manner as they do their workers.  

I agree that my use of the word "Westerner" is too general and it cannot be that all Westerners have a bad attitude towards Indians, Chinese or Arabs. So surely it cannot be that all Indians, Chinese and Arabs in Thailand behave badly, which is the suggestion being made in most of the posts here. You mention the "Indians" from the UK and the "Chinese" from Australia and other places. The problem with race-based generalizations is that even these "well behaved" Indians and Chinese will be painted with the same brush, at least initially because the overriding factor is their race - how they look and not where they are from - India, Mauritius etc.

Your claim that the Danish and Swedes as well as the ethnic Chinese from the USA and Australia are treated better because they are "young, fun, attractive, good looking and not cheap" is just another generalization. I have met Indians from India who in my opinion are all these things. 

To conclude, if we can understand that Westerners are not a homogeneous group then it should not be very hard to understand that Indians, Chinese or Arabs are also not a homogeneous group and we should not be making generalizations based on their race.

2 hours ago, Ochomo said:

To conclude, if we can understand that Westerners are not a homogeneous group then it should not be very hard to understand that Indians, Chinese or Arabs are also not a homogeneous group and we should not be making generalizations based on their race.

I took his point to be that because the Indians that visit tend to be the lower demographic of Indian society, and the Chinese tend to be from the middle age demographic there would be some homogeneous attributes to those in LOS.

Westerners on the other hand are from all strata of society

On 27/11/2017 at 12:10 PM, ezflip said:

They ain't coming back because you treated them like $hit with all your scams. Much better places to go instead.

They've been asking the same question for the past 5 years but refusing to accept the answer...

They aint coming back because they are broke!  Same same Brits, etc! 

55 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

they all departed due to the scams and wont be back any time soon ..so they deserve all the trash

They ran out of money.  A lot of the Brits struggled to cope with an ever worsening exchange rate, on top of a lower income stream.  In many cases those working in Thailand couldnt find work, or their sideline income from UK was not enough to live in Thailand.  Ordinary Brits- working class and even the better off- simply don't have the disposable income they previously had, so that accounts for the decline in free spending tourists.  I think it is a similar story the western world over with some exceptions, eg, Scandanavia.

If they had the money would they come back?  I really don't know because of all that's been mentioned: the interfering government that bans this, that, and the other, the attacks on farangs, the lack of road safety, and Thailand isn't the cheap place it was just a decade ago.

15 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

they all departed due to the scams and wont be back any time soon ..so they deserve all the trash

Well i must admit i have come across few scams in my life here , now i think because people realize that we live here and are not tourists .

as for the cash angle ,well when we first came here to live the baht was 71 to the pound and my savings in the UK got 6% interest , now you get about 43 to the pound and my savings get less than 1% still , better here than living with all the foreigners in my old home town , hardly ever hear English spoken there  any longer .:post-4641-1156694083: oh and its a pity there is a ball in front , as its not usually that ,they are bowing down to:smile:

Archived