Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

webfact

On 16 December 2017 at 11:31 AM, geriatrickid said:

You appear to be confused. The requirement  to show deference is what is expected in  the middle east, particularly in  countries like Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Kuwait etc. If the slaves/indentured servants who typically come from  poorer SE Asian countries such as India, Pakistan and the Philippines do not show proper deference,  they can be beaten and manhandled. It seems some of the tourists from these countries have the attitude that they can treat the Thais in the same manner as they do their workers.  

Yes, this poster was confused and not for the first time. believe he thought he was naking some snide comment in reference to the British empire days. But Id rather have a history of British colonialism any day than one of gassing millions of innocent people. Talk about throwing stones inside glass houses, thy hypocricy is off the charts.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, uncleeagle said:

Yes, this poster was confused and not for the first time. believe he thought he was naking some snide comment in reference to the British empire days. But Id rather have a history of British colonialism any day than one of gassing millions of innocent people. Talk about throwing stones inside glass houses, thy hypocricy is off the charts.

rabugento1.gif

• 2 months later...

I sometimes feel a bit guilty when I find myself disliking the Chinese (PRC) and Indians, but it's so hard to overlook their behavior. I have been shoved out of the way several times by PRCs trying to get ahead of me in a line. The Indians are incredibly inconsiderate on buses, talking loudly and yelling down the aisle at each other. It can be maddening on a two-hour trip when they never stop talking for the whole journey.:sad:

On 12/16/2017 at 7:03 PM, mommysboy said:

They ran out of money.  A lot of the Brits struggled to cope with an ever worsening exchange rate, on top of a lower income stream.  In many cases those working in Thailand couldnt find work, or their sideline income from UK was not enough to live in Thailand.  Ordinary Brits- working class and even the better off- simply don't have the disposable income they previously had, so that accounts for the decline in free spending tourists.  I think it is a similar story the western world over with some exceptions, eg, Scandanavia.

If they had the money would they come back?  I really don't know because of all that's been mentioned: the interfering government that bans this, that, and the other, the attacks on farangs, the lack of road safety, and Thailand isn't the cheap place it was just a decade ago.

When you can buy a San Mig for 28 Baht rather than 120 in other countries and get a smile and conversation with it rather than a grunt and a return to looking at their smart phone.......any wonder people dont come here. Reap what you sow, made their bed etc....

19 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Take away the Indians, Chinese and Arabs and my guesthouse loses 20% of my profit and 70% of my cancelations and no-shows. They truly are an interesting bunch.

Even though  some of them have money, but they are still third world by nature. 

On 27/11/2017 at 12:44 AM, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

Rabid Soi dogs

Smelly food

Apathetic bar staff sitting eating and on their phones

Overpriced Farang food joints

Overpriced Alcohol

Dangerous tour bus and mini bus drivers

Rip off baht bus taxis.

The absolute worst "improvement" from 2005 must be the horrible traffic. I came one year later, but at that time it was still a breeze to drive through 2nd road and even Tai. BKK hordes brought the jams with them. Now it's a nightmare to get anywhere on the bright side.

EDIT: That and the destruction of cozy beer bars by evil, eeeeeevil shopping malls that should've stayed in the BKK swamp they belong in.

6 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Rabid Soi dogs

Smelly food

Apathetic bar staff sitting eating and on their phones

Overpriced Farang food joints

Overpriced Alcohol

Dangerous tour bus and mini bus drivers

Rip off baht bus taxis.

All been said before, years ago, and you've barely scratched the surface. We got a whinge thread for all that now so knock yerself out, man. Here's the cheese!

45 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

. . . "improvement" from 2005 . . .

EDIT: That and the destruction of cozy beer bars by evil, eeeeeevil shopping malls that should've stayed in the BKK swamp they belong in.

Central moved some cozy beer bars across the street to 2nd Rd and then a lot more were built down to Tim. The Soi Buakhao area expanded and the whole LK Metro thing got started in 2005.

So I don't see that you have a point.

Such attitude from Pattaya operators should reach the ears of the Chinese and Indian embassies. Thus they could advise their nationals, that they are not welcome any more in Thailand...then one would see who will start crying and complaining from loss of revenue.

Many Chinese, Indians (and others)  misbehave, no doubt. But only a fool will put them all in the same basket.

In today's China, India, amongst other nations, the emerging middle classes have money to spend, not to mention the large amount of millionaires or billionnaires in these countries. They have a choice where to visit, where to spend.  If Thai society continues to discirminate the decent Chinese or Indians, they do not deserve to get their cash.

On 27/11/2017 at 1:04 PM, Lingba said:

You hit it right..and lets remember that this is exactly the quality tourists they chose to go after...you get what you wish for...good luck

Here in Chiang Mai, it's common to see foreign motorbike riders stopped and asked for their licences.  Is that the way to treat tourists??

In eight years in Indonesia, I was stopped once, and the policeman apologised when I took my helmet off and saw that I was not a local.

What gets to me is the filth of the place.  Every side street is littered with bottles, bags, debris from the disintegrating footpaths, rats peeking out from under the piles.

Not a pleasant sight for tourists from much cleaner neighbouring countries.

Pattaya is what it is.  It ain't gonna change any time soon for one reason. Evolution.  It has become what it is through a series of short term decisions with only today's money in mind and seizing whatever 'opportunity' presents itself with no thought to what the consequences might be.  From the Vietnam war period to today's zero-dollar tourists are the result of allowing businesses to benefit following quick one-off cash windfalls lining Thai pockets like building hotels that simply then funnel money to China, India or wherever.  

People come to Pattaya to party. Drinking until 2am is not particularly unusual behaviour. In Spain people often do not go out till 11pm ans stay up till dawn. Same for a lot of the Mediterranean countries. But whatever our race or background a party town does not have to be an impolite town.  Bad manners and poor behaviour are not a race factor but a cultural  and educational issue. As for rip offs. Only fools get ripped off and they should consider it part of their education. I get the impression some real softies come to Thailand with little life or travel experiences. Or maybe they have never read a book or maybe they have never been here... I've just come back from central Thailand and I notice a slight change in the demographics in Pattaya.. Older European couples who remember freedom before PC and Sharia law and feminism and are not offended by girls in Bikinis or red light districts. Families with kids unphased by the antics in Soi 6 and WS.  I believe this forum has been strategically infiltrated by right wing American evangelical extremists and some miserable low IQ mediocrities who wish to drag people down to their own level. Anti fun and anti freedom and the worse kind of cultural imperialists. 

On 11/27/2017 at 4:50 AM, webfact said:

Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

They probable do as the Farangs who have a brain have left so some other idiots have or are purchasing the leftovers or second hand bargins

8 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

the Farangs who have a brain have left so some other idiots have or are

Hard to say. The intelligent posters who leave give an intelligent reason for leaving, such as ran out of money, need for free health care in the nanny state, free Western education for the kids. Or they give no reason, just disappear. Reading through old threads sometimes for a bit of historical perspective, I rather miss some of them.

But one thing they have in common is that, being intelligent, they don't need to congratulate themselves on their superior intelligence and handle on the "truth." And they don't come back to the forum to do so while trolling and posting bigoted nonsense. They have better, happier things to do.

Member Mobi is a good case in point. Proven intelligent guy, an author, a bit disillusioned w/ Thailand but would have stayed except for the deterioration of his health and finances. When he left, he left. No subsequent trolling, sneering, posturing, and wasting webspace here. Good man; I just looked at his blog.

So then what we have here is, on the contrary, evidence that it's mostly the idiots who've left-- though of course more arrive daily--who obviously aren't really so happy in their new lives. As is often observed here on the forum, they probably wouldn't be happy anywhere, so their bashing can't be taken seriously.

8 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

This is coming to an elevator near you.

pleasant Chinese young man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chinease pissing.JPG

I have to admit that when I was young, my friends and me did similar nasty/silly things.

Oh, and I am not Chinese  :ph34r:

The one thing I have noticed this year in Chiang Mai is more Americans than in the last few years. Please do not kid your self good news from Thailand will cause more travellers as well as poor news will cause less. Never think once that the last coup didn't have an affect on American tourist.

Most of the tourist I have seen and the few I talk to do not have any plans on going to Pattaya, they are mostly in their late 20s and early 30s usually with a girlfriend or wife in tow. Just face it the likes of the visitors in the late 90s and early 2000s are old now jeez I am 72 but still like a night on the town but not every night as I now live here.

Archived