BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

Just now, Kadilo said:

Thanks for the update. 

Good.  Like I said the world didn't suddenly wake up two years ago to the insignificant Thai scams, did they?

The state of the global economy is the real reason.  

1 hour ago, adammike said:

A lot and I mean a lot of us older ones especially in places like Jomtien are here to get away from the winters back home we are not on holiday,we are on low pensions though and Thailand offers us a great experience if you are on a budget,the weather, good food can be had on a budget,accommodation can be cheap though basic not a big deal,Flights to and travel in Thailand is a bargain,if you avoid central pattaya it's chilled and relaxing, and where else on this planet can this 66year old get laid for under €25? 

I can get an erotic oil massage for 400 baht.I can eat,sleep,lounge on a beach,have  couple of beers,for less than a 1000 baht a day,thats all I need or want most days and there are girls available any time I want.beat that!

Can I have address of massage with Happy Ending for 400 Bah :-) Plan to go to Buri Ram,

Edited by wavemanwww
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, fanjita said:

You lot still don't get it.  The world hasn't suddenly opened their eyes to the small Thai scams.

The world economy is forbidding at the moment and normal service will be resumed in due course.

And not forgetting nobody has seen their pay rise since 2008,no interest on savings,cost that we all have rent,energy,travel and transport and now food are all still rising,the exchange rate especially for the pound and euro for the baht are down significantly, 

Personally I don't think we will ever see the days of plasterers getting a grand a week, normal service will not be resumed ever.

8 minutes ago, wavemanwww said:

Can I have address of massage with Happy Ending for 400 Bah :-) Plan to go to Buri Ram,

No,but they are in Jomtien just don't hand over a 500 or 1000 note and expect change.

5 minutes ago, adammike said:

And not forgetting nobody has seen their pay rise since 2008,no interest on savings,cost that we all have rent,energy,travel and transport and now food are all still rising,the exchange rate especially for the pound and euro for the baht are down significantly, 

Personally I don't think we will ever see the days of plasterers getting a grand a week, normal service will not be resumed ever.

Or to sum up, everyone except the elite is getting poorer, the elite is getting richer. Everywhere in the world (roughly). Soon we will see the next huge financial crisis perhaps, because we are in the biggest economic experiment ever conducted in known history with several countries having negative interest rates.

Edited by hobz
  • Like 1

Imo, it's tough titties on the business owners having a hissy-fit and many couldn't care less how much they are whining about it as it's a situation of their own design. They are getting the customers they deserve and the ones their Thai-Chinese overlords decided to go after. Gam-sa-nong-gam!

On 11/27/2017 at 12:10 PM, ezflip said:

They ain't coming back because you treated them like $hit with all your scams. Much better places to go instead.

They've been asking the same question for the past 5 years but refusing to accept the answer...

Ditto for the Chinese, Indians and Arabs. They come once and never come back.

3 hours ago, adammike said:

Brickies in the UK are on a grand a week ,dont think that plasterers ever were

4 hours ago, Hupaponics said:

Or the European tourists that left Spain with its islands and coast line for Asia years ago and now returning back. 

Just a though. 

If hookers are not your thing then Spain is cheaper for a holiday then Thailand . Cheaper flights , cheaper accommodation decent amount of sun . 

4 hours ago, Hupaponics said:

Or the European tourists that left Spain with its islands and coast line for Asia years ago and now returning back. 

Just a though. 

Probably not, Asia was always a bit too far and expensive flights for the UK holiday maker .

Many stopped going to Spain and went to Turkey, Egypt, Morocco and Tunisa and a few other places, now those places are unsafe, theyve gone back to Spain

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:31 AM, whitemouse said:

Exactly!  Thailand has been very lucky, its neighbours are not much better, and often worse. Take Cambodia, since early 2000's there were constant predictions how Sihanoukville will be next Pattaya, and possibly even beat Pattaya.  Well, 17 years of talk (admittedly not much past few years) and Sihanoukville is the sh*thole it was 17 years ago.

But watch out, Vietnam is already taking away tourists from Thailand in substantial numbers, Vietnam is bustling. If they manage to take the crippling corruption under control, Vietnam will surpass Thailand. It's massive shoreline and cleaner  beaches is enough to take away vacationing families. Cambodia never became anyting due to insane level of corruption, and now country being sold to China.

Vietnam is already giving   Thailand serious competition, and arrival numbers in Viet are going up rapidly.

All the while Thailand has nothing more than groups of Indian men sharing a bottle of beer, and Chinese groups walking and keeping their eye on guide's flag stick. 

Thailand got exactly what it deserves, and what it worked hard for, for years treating Westerners like garbage, Thailand treating its own cities and infrastructure as if sabotaging it on purpose. Can't say I'm sad for them, what we see now in Pattaya is richly deserved. 

Honestly, if you take away the red light districts, freelancers, go go clubs, prostitution of BKK and Pattaya/ Phuket. the numbers of tourists drop even more!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimster said:

Ditto for the Chinese, Indians and Arabs. They come once and never come back.

So? Just a few came...the other hundreds of millions haven't been yet. China and India have some 2.8 Billion people combined...and how many in your country how can afford to make a trip to LOS?

I suggest to start an upscale Chinese food restaurant if you want to become rich (but you probably are already :laugh:)

Edited by LaoPo

2 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

If hookers are not your thing then Spain is cheaper for a holiday then Thailand . Cheaper flights , cheaper accommodation decent amount of sun . 

NO VISA :smile: