BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:45 PM, robsamui said:

You still don't grasp the concept - do you . . . or the implications . . . 

People have every right to want to live in whatever nation they choose.

It is equally the right of that nation to welcome them, or not.

Again, he never said anything about WANTING anything. He was just reporting the reality. If anyone thinks Thai officialdom WANT us to live here, I have a bridge for sale.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:59 PM, robsamui said:

Chuckle. Well done with line 1.

Now let's go on to the next line . . .   
It is equally the right of that nation to welcome them, or not.

At the moment I'm going with OR NOT.

Things were different 30 years ago with unlimited back to back visa exempt entries at any border.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, robsamui said:

I agree with every sentence, apart from "Thailand isn't in a mess . . ."

If you were actually living here then you'd realise just how much of a mess it was in - and for all the reasons above that we both agree on.

Read it again. He is saying it IS in a mess.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:04 PM, sanemax said:

I have been in Thailand for seven years now and Thailand seems to be in a lot less mess to when it was seven years ago .

The Red/Yellow political stalemate is no more , Thailand now has a Government that governs

Corruption has been clamped down on , Pollution from crop burning has been clamped down on , entertainment places now have to follow regulations , foreigners abusing visas have been clamped down on . As has illegal land encroachment and illegal logging.

Thailand is in a lot less mess than it was a few years ago

but still in a mess, and nowhere more so than Pattaya.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, fanjita said:

You lot still don't get it.  The world hasn't suddenly opened their eyes to the small Thai scams.

The world economy is forbidding at the moment and normal service will be resumed in due course.

You optimist, you :sleep:

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:51 PM, adammike said:

And not forgetting nobody has seen their pay rise since 2008,no interest on savings,cost that we all have rent,energy,travel and transport and now food are all still rising,the exchange rate especially for the pound and euro for the baht are down significantly, 

Personally I don't think we will ever see the days of plasterers getting a grand a week, normal service will not be resumed ever.

If you want to make money, learn a trade. No one wants people with degrees in nonsense skills, they want someone that can make things.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:11 PM, Thai Ron said:

I wonder how we'd feel if there was a high profile, neon-soaked town in Blighty (or wherever it is you're from) where train wreck Asian pensioners and deadbeats flocked to bang ten shades out of your daughters, sisters and nieces etc in return for £20/$30 before taking a dump in the town hall fountain.

During WW2 apparently the going price for English wimmin was a pair of nylons or suchlike from a US servicemen stationed there.

http://www.angryharry.com/esAmericanMenAreSoHandsome.htm

Edited by thaibeachlovers

last year in pattaya  at night in my hotel indian guys come back and they speak <deleted> louder like  there are in them home <deleted> menn

these people no have education 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Less than a thousand visitors from Oceania in 2016? That doesn't seem right.

919 x 1.000 = 919.000 :wink: 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2017 at 9:21 AM, chrisandsu said:

I agree with you on most things but I’m not a pensioner I have a youngish family . The thread is about tourist who come to spend money not live on a shoe string . IF I was to go to southern Spain my flights for my family would be 1/6th of what I’d pay to go to Thailand , big chunk for a family of 3 , accommodation is similar priced,  only thing cheaper is street food (and bar girls of course if that’s your thing) beer in Thailand is double the price sometimes triple . Last time I went back I went to Tenerife for a week I loved it and would consider living there when im

retired. Has a decent vibe great food and good climate 

All those things yes, but check the cost of renting long term?

As an example..the lowest of long stay appartment i see start 600euro.

Dont think you will have many who follow

This probably tripple what the cheap charlies will pay in Patts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you want to make money, learn a trade. No one wants people with degrees in nonsense skills, they want someone that can make things.

Don't do what I did and become a chef then.

I flew into Liverpool yesterday arrived early so had a half hour wait for my sister to pick me up,Starbucks is being rebuilt so the only option for a coffee was Subway so I ordered a black coffee sat down <deleted> it was just a beaker of brown water that may or may not have contained coffee dire and disgraceful,I really couldn't be bothered to make a fuss so I just left it sitting,then I saw a guy bin a Costa Coffee beaker I asked him where he got it from he said its from the small Spa shop in the corner,he told me it was OK and not expensive but I have to check my change there as there a a couple of ladies who seem to running a scam there.Welcome to the UK.Thailand seems better all the time,nothing to do with this thread just needed to get it off my chest. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

During WW2 apparently the going price for English wimmin was a pair of nylons or suchlike from a US servicemen stationed there.

http://www.angryharry.com/esAmericanMenAreSoHandsome.htm

Thoughts in America: "Invent time machine - stock up on nylons.":sad:

Thoughts in Pattaya: "Time for a Soi Honey massage.":smile:

On 27/11/2017 at 3:44 PM, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

Is this their World class tourist destination they are talking about?????????

31 minutes ago, ThaiTrav said:

Is this their World class tourist destination they are talking about?????????

Uhhh ...

Less girls , ... older girls , ... less GF attitude

Nowhere to safely park you car

Motorbike on pedestrian footpath

Poor English

Not customer oriented

Noisy in most of the places