BANGKOK 24 July 2019 15:27
webfact

Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I find that ripping a loud, rotten fart works wonders when the 'close encounters' get OTT.

Bean power!:smile:

image.png.f527e263fdecd807b7f5ae320a057d82.png

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:04 AM, Kerryd said:

I was sitting in a friend's beer bar on Walking Street one evening when a group of Indians (6 in total) came by. One of them started chatting with the owner, trying to get a discount on the price of the (cheapest) draft beer because he was bringing "all these customers" to his bar ! (That bar already had about the cheapest draft prices on the Street.) The owner said no to giving them a discount. They sat down anyways and ordered.........................................

It irritates me that people who can afford to go on a big holiday put so much effort into bartering with small business owners to save a few baht.  Those business owners probably have a fraction of the wealth of the holiday maker. 

Certain nationalities do this more than others...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I find that ripping a loud, rotten fart works wonders when the 'close encounters' get OTT.

Difficult to overpower their body odor though.

12 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

For the first time in ages ,yesterday the wife and i actually walked along beach road , as far as i could see there were very few of what i would call the old style western tourists ,it just seemed to be crowds of Indian and Chinese  ,the Chinese just shout at each other and the Indians ,have about as much manners as the soi dog that chases my car and just barge you out of the way , so i will just drive down there as usual in future .

Yeah, Pattaya has definitely changed.:sad:

• Like 1

:sad:

I was enjoying a nice massage until 2 Indians start talking very loudly to each other. To no avail, the mamasan twice asked them to be quiet. Then I asked. His response was "f... you, I say what I want. It almost escalated to violence when one threatened to "knock me out." I just left the scene.

Westerners are actually the ones who "treat the place like they own it". Look at them complaining that "other" people - Chinese, Indians and Arabs - would dare visit Thailand. I guess they do not like the changing world. The purpose of travelling is to see new places and everyone is free to spend what they can afford or want to. So what if we share 2 beers amongst the six of us? Does that make us lesser tourists? Stop whining that others are visiting Thailand. It is big enough to accommodate everyone that is coming.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ochomo said:

Westerners are actually the ones who "treat the place like they own it". Look at them complaining that "other" people - Chinese, Indians and Arabs - would dare visit Thailand.

what irks them that these people dare not to show the necessary respect and address the Westerners with a deep bow and a submissive "Sah'b, Bwana or Master".

but the little men have an outlet for their frustration by presenting their (mostly invented) stories in ThaiVisa.

:smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:51 AM, jaywalker said:

I worked in Abu Dhabi for a spell. Not a bad assignment...except for the Indians. Especially the one's that think bathing is a waste of water.

They'll walk over you trying to stand in line. I had to school more than one of them on what it meant to wait his turn, but it's hopeless when there's 40 or 50 of them & there's only one of me.

Also their habit of standing half an inch behind you when they do bother to stand in line.

I went to pay my phone bill one day. It was 1998 & they had ONE machine in the entire city, where I could key my phone number in, then slide some currency into the machine.

I'd always go at 2:00 PM, as the whole city shut down between 1:00 & 5:00 PM & the phone company lobby where the machine was located would be deserted.

I suddenly smelled something that smelled like wet dog fur & felt something touch my elbow.

An Indian was standing 1/2 an inch off my back, counting his money for the machine.

In this HUGE, EMPTY lobby, he just HAD to jam his smelly nose up my ass. I went ballistic on the guy.

Reminds me of when I went to the bank to get some cash and a guy came up and looked over my shoulder as I was standing at the counter. I had to get a bit antsy with the guy as he just wouldn't back off, and seemed to not understand why I didn't like it.

His number hadn't even been put up on the screen.

30 minutes ago, Naam said:

what irks them that these people dare not to show the necessary respect and address the Westerners with a deep bow and a submissive "Sah'b, Bwana or Master".

but the little men have an outlet for their frustration by presenting their (mostly invented) stories in ThaiVisa.

:smile:

Sure. Whatever you say. :sleep:

• Like 1