BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

19 hours ago, JAZZDOG said:

Take away the Indians, Chinese and Arabs and my guesthouse loses 20% of my profit and 70% of my cancelations and no-shows. They truly are an interesting bunch.

Even though  some of them have money, but they are still third world by nature. 

On 12/15/2017 at 11:28 AM, Ochomo said:

So what if we share 2 beers amongst the six of us

I hear its not just the beer thats shared between 6 !  :shock1:    :smile:

On 27/11/2017 at 12:44 AM, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

Rabid Soi dogs

Smelly food

Apathetic bar staff sitting eating and on their phones

Overpriced Farang food joints

Overpriced Alcohol

Dangerous tour bus and mini bus drivers

Rip off baht bus taxis.

The absolute worst "improvement" from 2005 must be the horrible traffic. I came one year later, but at that time it was still a breeze to drive through 2nd road and even Tai. BKK hordes brought the jams with them. Now it's a nightmare to get anywhere on the bright side.

EDIT: That and the destruction of cozy beer bars by evil, eeeeeevil shopping malls that should've stayed in the BKK swamp they belong in.

Edited by DrTuner

6 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

Rabid Soi dogs

Smelly food

Apathetic bar staff sitting eating and on their phones

Overpriced Farang food joints

Overpriced Alcohol

Dangerous tour bus and mini bus drivers

Rip off baht bus taxis.

All been said before, years ago, and you've barely scratched the surface. We got a whinge thread for all that now so knock yerself out, man. Here's the cheese!

45 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

. . . "improvement" from 2005 . . .

EDIT: That and the destruction of cozy beer bars by evil, eeeeeevil shopping malls that should've stayed in the BKK swamp they belong in.

Central moved some cozy beer bars across the street to 2nd Rd and then a lot more were built down to Tim. The Soi Buakhao area expanded and the whole LK Metro thing got started in 2005.

So I don't see that you have a point.

Such attitude from Pattaya operators should reach the ears of the Chinese and Indian embassies. Thus they could advise their nationals, that they are not welcome any more in Thailand...then one would see who will start crying and complaining from loss of revenue.

Many Chinese, Indians (and others)  misbehave, no doubt. But only a fool will put them all in the same basket.

In today's China, India, amongst other nations, the emerging middle classes have money to spend, not to mention the large amount of millionaires or billionnaires in these countries. They have a choice where to visit, where to spend.  If Thai society continues to discirminate the decent Chinese or Indians, they do not deserve to get their cash.

Edited by observer90210

A troll post has been removed

the emerging middle class Indians are all over Switzerland.  The Arabs love Austria.  It's not a race issue.  It's a class, education issue. Scum whites travel too... unfortunately. 

On 27/11/2017 at 1:04 PM, Lingba said:

You hit it right..and lets remember that this is exactly the quality tourists they chose to go after...you get what you wish for...good luck

Here in Chiang Mai, it's common to see foreign motorbike riders stopped and asked for their licences.  Is that the way to treat tourists??

In eight years in Indonesia, I was stopped once, and the policeman apologised when I took my helmet off and saw that I was not a local.

What gets to me is the filth of the place.  Every side street is littered with bottles, bags, debris from the disintegrating footpaths, rats peeking out from under the piles.

Not a pleasant sight for tourists from much cleaner neighbouring countries.

Pattaya is what it is.  It ain't gonna change any time soon for one reason. Evolution.  It has become what it is through a series of short term decisions with only today's money in mind and seizing whatever 'opportunity' presents itself with no thought to what the consequences might be.  From the Vietnam war period to today's zero-dollar tourists are the result of allowing businesses to benefit following quick one-off cash windfalls lining Thai pockets like building hotels that simply then funnel money to China, India or wherever.  

• Like 1

A baiting post and a reply have been removed

On 16/12/2017 at 6:00 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

they all departed due to the scams and wont be back any time soon ..so they deserve all the trash

Bitter!