BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

The one thing I have noticed this year in Chiang Mai is more Americans than in the last few years.

That's because CM has been globally advertised as the HUB for young digital nomads , plenty of Americans are working from one of the many network cafes around town. Same in Pattaya but more mixed nationalities here. 

CM has always been popular  for US travellers, don't ask me why , maybe they don't like sin city in the south .

Coming from people in Pattaya, it's normal, they complain about not seeing their favorite farangs bars and girls customers.   Who will trust judgement of these people?

On 2/25/2018 at 12:31 PM, JSixpack said:

Hard to say. The intelligent posters who leave give an intelligent reason for leaving, such as ran out of money, need for free health care in the nanny state, free Western education for the kids. Or they give no reason, just disappear. Reading through old threads sometimes for a bit of historical perspective, I rather miss some of them.

But one thing they have in common is that, being intelligent, they don't need to congratulate themselves on their superior intelligence and handle on the "truth." And they don't come back to the forum to do so while trolling and posting bigoted nonsense. They have better, happier things to do.

Member Mobi is a good case in point. Proven intelligent guy, an author, a bit disillusioned w/ Thailand but would have stayed except for the deterioration of his health and finances. When he left, he left. No subsequent trolling, sneering, posturing, and wasting webspace here. Good man; I just looked at his blog.

So then what we have here is, on the contrary, evidence that it's mostly the idiots who've left-- though of course more arrive daily--who obviously aren't really so happy in their new lives. As is often observed here on the forum, they probably wouldn't be happy anywhere, so their bashing can't be taken seriously.

Barring an unforeseen tragedy, not sure I would put running out of money in the "intelligent" category.

Flam/baiting post and replies have been removed

2 hours ago, norrska said:

Barring an unforeseen tragedy, not sure I would put running out of money in the "intelligent" category.

"Unforeseen" is your key word. :smile:

3 hours ago, norrska said:

I enjoyed Mobi's posts and his vlog (still do), but I would have to seriously question the intelligence of someone who has been married six times. His brain has been located further South than is the norm.

2 hours ago, JSixpack said:

"Unforeseen" is your key word. :smile:

Confucius say, man who only look for key sometime not see keyhole

1 hour ago, champers said:

I enjoyed Mobi's posts and his vlog (still do), but I would have to seriously question the intelligence of someone who has been married six times. His brain has been located further South than is the norm.

Judgement is a different matter and as the news attests daily can certainly be affected by excessive alcohol consumption. In Mobi's goodbye thread, ace TVF Relationship Counselors, specializing in Thai women, hardly failed to point fingers. I don't recall Mobi having any regrets about the wimmens, however. (Correct me if I'm wrong; it's been a while.) I suppose that can be understandable if one reflects on the great relationships of the past that didn't work--though they might have--esp if the responsibility for having screwed them up falls upon oneself.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Not sure about the details of your reference, but if it is the one who wrote the "Anyone looking for a regular house cleaner /maid in Pattaya area?", sounds like he was getting smarter by the 6th one..........

10 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Judgement is a different matter and as the news attests daily can certainly be affected by excessive alcohol consumption. In Mobi's goodbye thread, ace TVF Relationship Counselors, specializing in Thai women, hardly failed to point fingers. I don't recall Mobi having any regrets about the wimmens, however. (Correct me if I'm wrong; it's been a while.) I suppose that can be understandable if one reflects on the great relationships of the past that didn't work--though they might have--esp if the responsibility for having screwed them up falls upon oneself.

I believe intelligence plays an important part in making a judgement.

3 minutes ago, champers said:

A lot of luck helps too . 

3 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

A lot of luck helps too . 

Sorry, missing the logical connection of how "a lot of luck" is required to make a judgement....

22 minutes ago, champers said:

You could tell that to Norman Mailer, 'cept he's dead now. He did manage only 6 divorces but then again he had 2 Pulitzers. If you look into the studies I think you'll find that there is in fact a correlation between intelligence and higher divorce rates. Be that as it may, I find all the celebs w/ high divorce rates (the usual suspects), and certainly Mobi, far more intelligent than a TVF troll, esp those coming back to troll the Pattaya forum after they've left Pattaya. Trolls would disagree, of course--and have. :smile:

9 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

You could tell that to Norman Mailer, 'cept he's dead now. He did manage only 6 divorces but then again he had 2 Pulitzers. If you look into the studies I think you'll find that there is in fact a correlation between intelligence and higher divorce rates. Be that as it may, I find all the celebs w/ high divorce rates (the usual suspects), and certainly Mobi, far more intelligent than a TVF troll, esp those coming back to troll the Pattaya forum after they've left Pattaya. Trolls would disagree, of course--and have. :smile:

Your not putting yourself in the intelligent poster line are you ? That would go against a lot of people’s better ‘judgement ‘?

11 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Meanwhile, a bit of junior gumshoe research shows the "more  marriages = higher IQ" theory to be completely wrong.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/attraction-evolved/201711/intelligent-men-more-likely-marry-and-stay-married

Thank god for due diligence.  This bogus theory might have been believed had it been shared in a bar.