BANGKOK 17 July 2019 21:47
webfact

Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

1 hour ago, champers said:

I enjoyed Mobi's posts and his vlog (still do), but I would have to seriously question the intelligence of someone who has been married six times. His brain has been located further South than is the norm.

Not sure about the details of your reference, but if it is the one who wrote the "Anyone looking for a regular house cleaner /maid in Pattaya area?", sounds like he was getting smarter by the 6th one..........

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Judgement is a different matter and as the news attests daily can certainly be affected by excessive alcohol consumption. In Mobi's goodbye thread, ace TVF Relationship Counselors, specializing in Thai women, hardly failed to point fingers. I don't recall Mobi having any regrets about the wimmens, however. (Correct me if I'm wrong; it's been a while.) I suppose that can be understandable if one reflects on the great relationships of the past that didn't work--though they might have--esp if the responsibility for having screwed them up falls upon oneself.

I believe intelligence plays an important part in making a judgement.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, champers said:

A lot of luck helps too . 

3 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

A lot of luck helps too . 

Sorry, missing the logical connection of how "a lot of luck" is required to make a judgement....

22 minutes ago, champers said:

You could tell that to Norman Mailer, 'cept he's dead now. He did manage only 6 divorces but then again he had 2 Pulitzers. If you look into the studies I think you'll find that there is in fact a correlation between intelligence and higher divorce rates. Be that as it may, I find all the celebs w/ high divorce rates (the usual suspects), and certainly Mobi, far more intelligent than a TVF troll, esp those coming back to troll the Pattaya forum after they've left Pattaya. Trolls would disagree, of course--and have. :smile:

Edited by JSixpack

9 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

You could tell that to Norman Mailer, 'cept he's dead now. He did manage only 6 divorces but then again he had 2 Pulitzers. If you look into the studies I think you'll find that there is in fact a correlation between intelligence and higher divorce rates. Be that as it may, I find all the celebs w/ high divorce rates (the usual suspects), and certainly Mobi, far more intelligent than a TVF troll, esp those coming back to troll the Pattaya forum after they've left Pattaya. Trolls would disagree, of course--and have. :smile:

Your not putting yourself in the intelligent poster line are you ? That would go against a lot of people’s better ‘judgement ‘?

11 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

Meanwhile, a bit of junior gumshoe research shows the "more  marriages = higher IQ" theory to be completely wrong.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/attraction-evolved/201711/intelligent-men-more-likely-marry-and-stay-married

Thank god for due diligence.  This bogus theory might have been believed had it been shared in a bar.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, norrska said:

Sorry, missing the logical connection of how "a lot of luck" is required to make a judgement....

Judgement can be an educated guess . Which requires a slice of luck for it to go to plan . When it doesn’t go to plan , like currency fluctuations, a pension company going bust illness , then you are not getting the best of luck even though your judgement seemed sound at the time .  

2 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Judgement can be an educated guess . Which requires a slice of luck for it to go to plan . When it doesn’t go to plan , like currency fluctuations, a pension company going bust illness , then you are not getting the best of luck even though your judgement seemed sound at the time .  

LOL,  I am glad you have downgraded the "a lot of" to a "slice"!

1 minute ago, norrska said:

LOL,  I am glad you have downgraded the "a lot of" to a "slice"!

Really depends on how big the slices are . Next time I’ll use decimal points ?

9 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Really depends on how big the slices are . Next time I’ll use decimal points ?

LOL, remember the great one liner by Yogi Berra — 'Cut my pie into four pieces, I don't think I could eat eight.'

• Haha 1

BANGKOK  is the new INDIA, and they think the chinese dont spend money, you want to see this lot in action, many tales of them going to a restaurant and sharing meals, i even seen them sharing drinks in one of my locals last week there were 8 of them.not buy 1 drink for staff/girls, just take all the <deleted> bar

2 hours ago, norrska said:

Meanwhile, a bit of junior gumshoe research shows the "more  marriages = higher IQ" theory to be completely wrong.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/attraction-evolved/201711/intelligent-men-more-likely-marry-and-stay-married

Thank god for due diligence.  This bogus theory might have been believed had it been shared in a bar.

Point taken, but that's why I said "be that as it may" as it's not really relevant to the discussion as an individual isn't a stat.

On 11/26/2017 at 10:44 PM, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

Reverse that list, then add Pattaya taxis wanting 300 baht for a five-minute trip. 

• Like 1

For Americans, Thailand is a long, long expensive trip, and if one spends only a week or ten days here, they will be lucky if they begin to recover from most of the effects of jet lag before it is time to get back on the airplane. Additionally, Thailand is a poor, dirty country and after one sees a couple of beaches and is templed out, there is little to get excited about. For vacation choices there are plenty of better, cleaner, closer choices within the borders of the US without the jet lag and language challenges.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1