Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

Recommended Posts

Off topic posts and replies removed, topic is about visitors to Pattaya, not Thai Visa where visitors use VPN to hide their posting location 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Old Farang saying , what comes around goes around , blame your government 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an American who first came to Thailand in the Navy just after the Vietnam war, contemporary Pattaya is hardly recognizable. I remember when the beachfront was peppered with low-rise hotels and open-air bars: palm trees were the tallest structures in town. Walking street was so quiet, chill and fun loving. Never any fights, No mass tourism. It was little more than a fishing village with girls so shy and friendly they'd melt your heart with their soft way of speaking. Thainess in all its glory. Though it did get wild at times, there was never, at any time, disrespect between the Thais and us. I went back to Pattaya five years ago and was shocked at what I saw. It seemed so cold and callous. The tourists looked predatory, the girls old and hardened. Greed had set in. The money-people had taken over an idyllic seaside town and turned it into a putrid Las Vegas next to a putrid sea. I'll never go back.

Picture of Pattaya from my ship in 1980.

CV41-View of USS Reeves.Pattaya.JPG

pattaya.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 12:38 AM, Just1Voice said:

Thailand has destroyed their tourist image for the good tourists who come and spend money, with all the jacked up dual pricing, piss poor attitudes, total lack of language skills, rip off prices, and high crime.  The "cream" has been scraped from the top, so now all they're left with is the dregs.  And no one but themselves to blame. 

 

I will adhere to your adequate rendition of a society that is variable....forget the  sex tourism...forget the fact that tourists expect beaches to be reasonably clean...and when tourists go to those beaches, get off your lazy <deleted> ass and clean them...idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 12:23 AM, jonclark said:

And to those moaning locals we give you.....Tearful Kobkarn

 

 

I would suggest to go elsewhere....unless your situation is immune to the usual back and forth, then is ok. Living in Chiang mai or some location where everything is ok, then fine. Good for you! problem is when you go further south and therein lies the dual purpose of ridding natives from a proposed foreign investment. Still? A third world country- no matter the investment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, Uptooyoo said:

As an American who first came to Thailand in the Navy just after the Vietnam war, contemporary Pattaya is hardly recognizable. I remember when the beachfront was peppered with low-rise hotels and open-air bars: palm trees were the tallest structures in town. Walking street was so quiet, chill and fun loving. Never any fights, No mass tourism. It was little more than a fishing village with girls so shy and friendly they'd melt your heart with their soft way of speaking. Thainess in all its glory. Though it did get wild at times, there was never, at any time, disrespect between the Thais and us. I went back to Pattaya five years ago and was shocked at what I saw. It seemed so cold and callous. The tourists looked predatory, the girls old and hardened. Greed had set in. The money-people had taken over an idyllic seaside town and turned it into a putrid Las Vegas next to a putrid sea. I'll never go back.

Picture of Pattaya from my ship in 1980.

 

You have no idea how much I envy you. I wish I had been there. I'd pay anything on Earth just to experience it one night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 12:38 AM, Just1Voice said:

Thailand has destroyed their tourist image for the good tourists who come and spend money, with all the jacked up dual pricing, piss poor attitudes, total lack of language skills, rip off prices, and high crime.  The "cream" has been scraped from the top, so now all they're left with is the dregs.  And no one but themselves to blame. 

 

And therein lies the hyprocrisy....what is deemed a "good' tourist?Granted- many Thais bust their ass every day.That is not an issue.The tourists are the issue- those who disrespect and turn off thai purveyors. I do not blame them.

 

And then I grow tired...when I "think" that any of my words mean nothing

...So anywhey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, TMNH said:

And therein lies the hyprocrisy....what is deemed a "good' tourist?Granted- many Thais bust their ass every day.That is not an issue.The tourists are the issue- those who disrespect and turn off thai purveyors. I do not blame them.

 

And then I grow tired...when I "think" that any of my words mean nothing

...So anywhere

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tcp7 said:

You have no idea how much I envy you. I wish I had been there. I'd pay anything on Earth just to experience it one night.

I First came in 1976 ..............It was Idyllic...................Just FYI.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say the primary reasons are:

1. Strong baht.

2. Less disposable income 

3. Puritanical Government.

4. Better alternatives.

5. Safety reasons.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 1:38 PM, Just1Voice said:

Thailand has destroyed their tourist image for the good tourists who come and spend money, with all the jacked up dual pricing, piss poor attitudes, total lack of language skills, rip off prices, and high crime.  The "cream" has been scraped from the top, so now all they're left with is the dregs.  And no one but themselves to blame. 

 

Great perspective.  I have come to the same conclusion, thais lack "self-awareness". It's always the foreigners fault.  Too busy saving their own face at any and all costs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 6:49 AM, chrisandsu said:

Yes for sure there is a few decent places one of my favourite places on earth is in Thailand (won’t say where)it’s beautiful and rural but not good for tourism ! You need a good mix of nighttime entertainment , things to do and see , restaurants , to make it a worthwhile place . Thailand does have that but it became oversaturated ,tourists became bountiful then they forget how it became special ! To have a decent holiday in Thailand costs about the same as going on holiday in Europe these days ! Of course you can scrimp by eating off the street food vendors and staying in a guest house but that’s not really a holiday is it ?  

thailand  just isn,t value any more its a 3rd world country  with 1st world aspirations and prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reap what you sow...... say no more.... somnomnaaaaaa :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the Israelis haven't been mentioned. Seen a few signs on doors in Pattaya where the 'Blue Suede Shoes' are banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingdong said:

thailand  just isn,t value any more its a 3rd world country  with 1st world aspirations and prices.

for those who are taxed through flesh till bone in their home countries Thailand prices / living cost are totally irrelevant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...