Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

webfact

3 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

Hey! Come on! Hmm, OK, you do point out some valid issues. 555 I am going on record of not commenting on the last item. They are skinning many males in the US for sexual escapades.... Not that I ever, mind you...

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nev said:

... then they bend over backwards to bring in these zero dollar tourists who have everything catered for is only going to get worse.

Commonly known as a package holiday in the UK.  The tourist pays upfront rather than as they go and still a very popular product in the UK travel industry.

It's not my sort of thing as I prefer to make my own itinerary but someone's still making money, just not the traditional haunts.  

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why? It's no worse than it was 10 years ago, though it's harder to find a good looking BG and the traffic is still appalling.

The beach walkway is rubbish, but I never went there for the walkway.

My biggest disappointment is that Malibu show closed.

One of the places I used to enjoy was Malibu. Was in there one night when the owner turned up and rang the bell two or three times. Must have been more than 10 years ago I remember.

1 hour ago, timewilltell said:

Once there was a place called the Costa del Sol and the Costa Brava. British and other Europeans went there in droves. They built hotels and ripped off, scammed and raped their way out of favour until no 9ne goes there Any more. History is a worthwhile lesson!

Interesting. ..I just read a article about those two places today. Apparently that was the case but the tourist are starting to come back now.

4 hours ago, ezflip said:

They ain't coming back because you treated them like $hit with all your scams. Much better places to go instead.

They've been asking the same question for the past 5 years but refusing to accept the answer...

Americans lol

3 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Sadly that’s the vast majority of people living in Pattaya . Do you think these horrible businesses that never see a customer can keep the lights on from tourist money ? It’s all

laundered money 

No it's not, the majority of people living in Pattaya are Thai and do not fall into those categories.

Hilarious

They do spend money - they just don't spend it on whores.

The only people complaining are the ones who used to focus on the farang pissheads and sex tourists from the West.

The hotels ain't bitching, neither are the restaurants.

If your hostess bar or happy ending massage dump isn't making bank any more, change your business.

1 hour ago, timewilltell said:

Once there was a place called the Costa del Sol and the Costa Brava. British and other Europeans went there in droves. They built hotels and ripped off, scammed and raped their way out of favour until no 9ne goes there Any more. History is a worthwhile lesson!

I've never been there but was in Italy this summer and their coast is also beautiful, much better than the Thai ones. They have real beaches with everything a tourist can dream of, all in perfect condition and policed by real police/beachguards. Safe roads, safe boats,  cheap food, very cheap alcohol, not too warm, many other western tourists to meet , bikini's, and almost no scammers or you can just call the police.

It's not worth the long flight to Thailand to have a nice holiday, the mediterranean is also great.

4 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

It’s going the way of Spain , Mexico  , Las Vegas , rubbish over saturated tourist dumps . 

Luckily for Thailand it has not had as much competition . I’m still waiting for Burma to get interesting 

Exactly!  Thailand has been very lucky, its neighbours are not much better, and often worse. Take Cambodia, since early 2000's there were constant predictions how Sihanoukville will be next Pattaya, and possibly even beat Pattaya.  Well, 17 years of talk (admittedly not much past few years) and Sihanoukville is the sh*thole it was 17 years ago.

But watch out, Vietnam is already taking away tourists from Thailand in substantial numbers, Vietnam is bustling. If they manage to take the crippling corruption under control, Vietnam will surpass Thailand. It's massive shoreline and cleaner  beaches is enough to take away vacationing families. Cambodia never became anyting due to insane level of corruption, and now country being sold to China.

Vietnam is already giving   Thailand serious competition, and arrival numbers in Viet are going up rapidly.

All the while Thailand has nothing more than groups of Indian men sharing a bottle of beer, and Chinese groups walking and keeping their eye on guide's flag stick. 

Thailand got exactly what it deserves, and what it worked hard for, for years treating Westerners like garbage, Thailand treating its own cities and infrastructure as if sabotaging it on purpose. Can't say I'm sad for them, what we see now in Pattaya is richly deserved. 

Around my way we used to have Europeans especially Scandanavians who came twice a year for a month at a time. They're visits started dropping off a few years ago and now we never see them.

All the places they used to visit slowly got into run down condition and the prices increased.

They all, or the ones we still contact, go on holiday in Europe now. The houses they used to rent have been sitting empty and the asking rent goes up every year.

Go figure.

5 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Thailand has destroyed their tourist image for the good tourists who come and spend money, with all the jacked up dual pricing, piss poor attitudes, total lack of language skills, rip off prices, and high crime.  The "cream" has been scraped from the top, so now all they're left with is the dregs.  And no one but themselves to blame. 

Maybe some of them rented/bought a seadoo with the "damage claim"?

4 hours ago, Kerryd said:

..Group of Indians (6 in total) ordered 2small glasses of draft that the 6 of them then shared.

I suspect that eventually the "demographic" will change again, but to what I have no idea. It depends on the people "at the top" and what they envision the best options are. Who knows, if enough of the business owners can make enough noise, maybe those people at the top will rethink their strategy. 
Probably not until long after the next election though. If then. If at all.

I suspect the tourist demographics won't change, but the numbers of Chinese and Indian will grow, and grow massivly.

Russian economy doesn't show any signs of recovery, so in near future there won't be repeat of 2011.

China and India are two largest population in the world, both are near by, air fare is very low, an Indian man can fly to Pattaya for $200, package tours that include hotel are not much more. As middle class is growing in both countries,  there will more and more people who venture outside their country for the very first time, and logical and for Indian pretty much only destination is Thailand. They can't get visa for most other countries,  even if they had the means. But this is changing, India's middle class is rapidly growing, and they will be travelling outside the region. 

With  China it's different,  they are now flooding all of world's  tourist destinations, and this just beginning. In London this summer Chinese tourists were in such numbers around major tourist attractions  that I couldn't struggle through sidewalks.

What we are seeing now is just a preview. 

4 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

very funny.....!!

If they don't want those people why let them stay in your hotel???

As a hotel owner you know who is booking the tour. Just stay away from people you won't to see.

Easy as that.

Unfortunately as they say in the theatre it's bums on seats that matter.

Well you've gotta go see the government about that one.... Everyone likes the Farang coz they spend the money! and get the place rockin!.... the indians, chinese and arabs don't... mind you, the arabs are known for their spending on ladyboys, according to my TW.!!!

If Myanmar ever get's their act together along the Adaman Sea, they could totally destroy's Thailand's costal vacation spots.  There are already some big name companies starting to invest and build there.  And if they don't make the same mistakes the Thai have made, in 10 years they will crush Thailand's tourist numbers. 

its very true - the poor exchange rate for euro and sterling (ie the high value of the baht) has contributed to a significant reduction in europeans and we are left with Chinese (who desecrate monuments and shit in the street ) the Indians and Arabs (not al but the majority)who are just plain rude and with dirty habits .Most of them are sex tourists because they can't get what they want in their own country . The Chinese are a joke - they wander round in groups with a flag and selfie sticks gawking at everything , look for the "eat all you can chinese buffet's" and certainly don't come to buy property . They don't spend anything .  What benefit is that to Pattaya and Thailand ??     

Archived