Pattaya moans: Nothing but rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs - "they treat the place like they own it"

webfact

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Thailand is a Country for Thai people

You really have no right to visit Thailand and chose to adopt it as your Country 

Thailand  is for Thai people, it isnt a place for non Thais to look for a new Country to live in

Tell that to all the Thai people who live OUTSIDE Thailand. I guess they should all go home, according to your "Logic". 

3 hours ago, fanjita said:

Really?  Only two years ago it was still occasionally over 50 baht to the pound.  That's a big difference.  

Carry on in your day to day life with your blinkers on.  

Lets talk again next time it reaches 50 and we will see if everyone comes back .

8 hours ago, timewilltell said:

Once there was a place called the Costa del Sol and the Costa Brava. British and other Europeans went there in droves. They built hotels and ripped off, scammed and raped their way out of favour until no 9ne goes there Any more. History is a worthwhile lesson!

''no 9ne goes there Any more.''

:laugh: Sorry timewilltell but Spain had a record number of tourists in 2016....more than 75 million.

I don't like the Costa del Sol (both of Malaga) either but the numbers are staggering...still and growing.

The Costa Brava is a different cookie and has not many winter tourism like de Costa del Sol.

Than there is the Costa Blanca around Alicante; busy as ever and also in winter. (Senior citizens from all over Europe)

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

For the Russians it was latex pillows.

For the Chinese ... you heard it here first ... the future is in PORK FLOSS.

:laugh: wrong: chicken "paws"; America ships thousands of containers full of chicken feet every year..thousands.

300,000 tonnes of chicken feet and the US makes a good price for them :wink:

But the pot is getting smaller is it not, so one day the lights will go out on the place. Talking to people in the UK these days see's a very different answer on the place to 4 years ago, then I was always saying how wonderful the place was and encouraged people I met to holiday here (but never in Patt). Now I get told no way would I go there even the post women asked today if I was going back now I am on the mend thanks to the NHS and my reply was not in the foreseeable future, so what has changed I wonder?

But seriously so many bad comments from people I meet and talk about Thai. The bank manager told me about his trip there and said never again too many cheats and liars. So looks like for now and only for a short time all that will come is rude Indians, Chinese and Arabs after that who will come I wonder as there are no others to turn too. Weather wise yes its cold, but that is kind of nice and no bloody insects biting me. You put the air con on, me I will just put the heating on and a coat when necessary, ain't missing it a bit sorry to say.

You're not missing it a bit.........but still can't get yourself off a forum discussing it.

Personally I don't believe a word of it. You miss it like hell.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

All third world places are like that.   I can't afford any other places; therefore, I kept coming back to Chiangmai.

15 hours ago, champers said:

Pattaya is big enough to be all things to all people, though some long established businesses may need to adapt to survive. Nobody ought to be surprised that Thailand is attracting the huge numbers of new travellers who can now afford to travel here and are only a short haul flight away in India and China.

Within a 5 minute walk from where I live in Naklua there is a new 26 storey hotel due to open shortly (The Brighton Grand Hotel) and another extension; their second; being built at the Ayira Palace Hotel. At the bottom of the hill Terminal 21 is going to be ready to open next year and will have a 500 room hotel as its centrepiece. Amari are building 2 new hotels on their site and Dusit Thani have spent the equivalent of 1 million Baht per room on their hotel's improvements. 

My concern is that the current infrastructure cannot cope, but I am confident that private investors will increasingly pick up the considerable slack caused by ineffective public spending.

In the end, the markets; and those who control and make them - major hoteliers and retailers; will ensure that Pattaya continues growing and growing profitably.

There will still be plenty of places for the sex tourists who visit and those who live in Pattaya too. It is a side of Pattaya that attracts far more people to come here than it puts off from coming here. Pattaya Walking Street is globally famous and top of the list of places to go for most first-time visitors.

When new malls open they just suck people from older Malls.  Say 8 years ago , i could barely walk among pedestrians in soi 3 ( Big C ) , now most of the time its rather empty.

Central Festival does not has a much people as on the first 2 years.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well, as reported on the Hit and Run Restaurant Review thread I can report that many Chinese tourists are spending lots of money at good and rather expensive Chinese restaurants. So the people whining, maybe it's time to change their business model and try to sell them something they actually want!

Never been in China , but in the many countries i have been , i have never heard of such a thing as 'Luxury Chinese Restaurant'. Even in some cities like Malaga where a lot of Chinese open business , none of the Chinese restaurants i have been had anything upmarket , as opposed to the Japanese restaurant ( where Chinese where working )

There is always this dream that well off people like to take a plane and go to a city with overall low standards to eat in a luxury restaurant. I still have never seen a luxury yatch near the peer. But i did see many in Malaga , with helicopter on top. Pattaya offers nothing to the jet set  and rich guy screw top models.

11 hours ago, hobz said:

The exchange rate EUR/THB has not changed that much... It had a peak around 50THB sometime 2008,, but since then it's been pretty steady around 40THB .. I think there must be something else at work....?

Something like inflation maybe ... What could get you a 100 sqm condo 10 years ago , now you get 20 sqm 

14 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Hilarious

They do spend money - they just don't spend it on whores.

The only people complaining are the ones who used to focus on the farang pissheads and sex tourists from the West.

The hotels ain't bitching, neither are the restaurants.

If your hostess bar or happy ending massage dump isn't making bank any more, change your business.

14 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Hilarious

They do spend money - they just don't spend it on whores.

The only people complaining are the ones who used to focus on the farang pissheads and sex tourists from the West.

The hotels ain't bitching, neither are the restaurants.

If your hostess bar or happy ending massage dump isn't making bank any more, change your business.

Restaurants for sale on Naklua. Bon Cafe was overall less crowded than before.

When i go to a nice Pizzeria i mostly see Westerners , Indian dont eat cow ( holy animal ) and meat in general so they avoid Steak Houses and the like.

Stop me if i am wrong but if you dont spend on Steak House , or Japanese , where do you spend it? You quickly get full with Thai food or Chinese and it is not really expensive.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Living in Pattaya? No, I don't believe that criminals and pedophiles from the West, constitutes the VAST majority. Certainly not within the group I believe you mean here, Western Expats. Most are retired old guys, living with a Thai wife.

Do you live here yourself to make such a sweeping statement?

Where did I say peadophiles ? Well yes I have quite a few acquaintances who own businesses (some of the biggest on walking street ) that were funded through drug deals in their own country . Thailand is a great country to get rid of dirty money if you know the right people ?

19 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Where did I say peadophiles ? Well yes I have quite a few acquaintances who own businesses (some of the biggest on walking street ) that were funded through drug deals in their own country . Thailand is a great country to get rid of dirty money if you know the right people ?

It was in the very post you quoted and referred to as the 'vast majority'....

Thailand is a great place to get rid of any money I believe.

6 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Gotcha I stand corrected . My terminology was off . There is a few pedophiles . There is a ton of criminals . When you see guys in there 30/40s who have no visible form of income you can betcha boots they have their fingers in a few pies . What was once the Costa del crime / Cuba is now firmly Pattaya .    

Yes, the "playtex Bra syndrome" No visible means of support.

10 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Gotcha I stand corrected . My terminology was off . There is a few pedophiles . There is a ton of criminals . When you see guys in there 30/40s who have no visible form of income you can betcha boots they have their fingers in a few pies . What was once the Costa del crime / Cuba is now firmly Pattaya .    

Yes, I don't deny what you say. But I like to think this is a small percentage of Westerners living long term in town. Most are older retirees, who, like myself, keep their fingers out of pies......:smile:

1 hour ago, bodymassagemyfriend said:

Never been in China , but in the many countries i have been , i have never heard of such a thing as 'Luxury Chinese Restaurant'. Even in some cities like Malaga where a lot of Chinese open business , none of the Chinese restaurants i have been had anything upmarket , as opposed to the Japanese restaurant ( where Chinese where working )

There is always this dream that well off people like to take a plane and go to a city with overall low standards to eat in a luxury restaurant. I still have never seen a luxury yatch near the peer. But i did see many in Malaga , with helicopter on top. Pattaya offers nothing to the jet set  and rich guy screw top models.

I lived there for 10 years, and I can show you some Chinese restaurants where you can't eat (including Maotai) for less than $200-300 USD a head.  There are quite a few in Bangkok, as well.  You and I will never even know about them, because we're not their target demographic.

9 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Agree Pattaya has never been classy but people always spent money . 

So do the Chinese.  Lots of money.  They just spend it on different things than we do.  But the local vendors aren't changing to tap into that revenue stream.

Adapt or die.

Edit:  One other benefit (?) of the Chinese tourists is that, unlike many western tourists, they don't even realize that the beaches are horribly polluted, the traffic is atrocious,  and the infrastructure is going to seed.  Still better than "back home" for them.

1 minute ago, chrisandsu said:

Whatever happened to the guy who got topped in the boiler room scam scenario ?

Exactly, As much as dont like the generalisations, Indians do this, Russians do that etc. There is that demographic of guys in their 30/40s, no means of support, expensive house car , idolise the Kray brothers etc. It doesnt add up.

Its not a sly teaching job and visa runs, its usually (comes to pass) some hardcore criminal stuff.

14 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Exactly, As much as dont like the generalisations, Indians do this, Russians do that etc. There is that demographic of guys in their 30/40s, no means of support, expensive house car , idolise the Kray brothers etc. It doesnt add up.

Its not a sly teaching job and visa runs, its usually (comes to pass) some hardcore criminal stuff.

Russian , Turkish , Dutch , British so forth are all here it’s a nice freternity of the crime melting pot . The money is easy come easy go . When they fall

out they all threaten each other with a general who has been creaming profits off the top . Do you think anyone is going to investigate ? It’s almost laughable how easy it is to do that type of business in Pattaya 

In December 2005 when I first landed in Jomtien it was 71 Baht to the pound. It hovered around 68 to 69 for a few years and basically everything I was buying was one fifth of UK prices.

Since then it has been as low as 41 to the pound and has settled for most of this year around 43 to 44.

And Watermelon is still 10 baht a slice and so is a Baht bus ride.....but everything else has changed for the worse.

22 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Anyone want to add to this list of only a few reasons why the Westerners are not coming in the numbers they did in say 2005?

Overly strong Baht.

Too many scams.

Blinkered tourist board courting the wrong nationalities  i.e. now over run with Chinese, Indians, Middle Eastern, Madagascans ?

Not listening to advise from Westerners already in LoS.

Filthy beaches and Sois.

As mentioned, bag snatching.

Brutal unprovoked assaults.

Deadly roads.

Ineffective Policing combined with corruption.

Unsafe balconies........

Junta.

Restrictive legitimate Visas for extended periods.

Obese gogo dancers and bar girls...............

Nicer places elsewhere.

13 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

They do not use the sidewalk and walk 3 wide down the street they walk out in front of cars.

Argue about the price of everything

Cheap and low class

And I presume their nationality is stamped on their forehead ?????

Archived